What roster changes do you want to see this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Looking in terms of WWE's main roster shows, who would you draft between the shows, and who would you like to see called up from NXT?

My list:
Callups
Asuka (SD) - SD's women division has less star power than Raw (with 3 of the 4 Horsewomen) and would benefit most from Asuka joining their ranks. I would see this happening towards the end of the year to allow her to drop the title and give some time to have a few other women fill her place in NXT.

Samoa Joe (RAW) - Samoa Joe is ready to be called up pretty much immediately. I would even bring him in at the Rumble. I would put him on Raw though because SD has Baron Corbin, and I feel they are somewhat similar that they should remain separate.

The Revival (RAW) - They have done pretty much all they can in NXT, and it's time for them to make their main roster debut. I would bring them in soon after Wrestlemania so that I could build them up on the main roster and have them challenge for the titles at SummerSlam. I chose to bring them up to RAW because there is a lack of believable title contenders right now.

Austin Aries (RAW/205 Live) - Currently acting as one of the announcers for the cruiserweights, A double would be the perfect addition to the roster. He has expressed his interest in joining the division, and his charisma would definitely bring more attention to the division.

Shinsuke Nakamura (SD) - Nakamura is a star, and there is no way around it. In terms of in ring ability, Nakamura has been ready for the main roster for years. The only thing I see holding him back is his English. That's why he needs to go to SD where in ring work is more appreciated than the stuff outside the ring. What better way to have him debut than to have him go after the Intercontinental Championship.

Drafts
Sami Zayn (SD) - Let's be honest, Sami Zayn hasn't really been used much since he was sent to RAW. Now that he is being used, he mostly just used to make Braun look strong. There is not likely going to be any payoff for him. The best bet would be for him to move to the blue lands were he will get better opportunities.

Apollo Crews (RAW) - Apollo Crews was called up one year after he reported to the performance center. While it may seem that SD would be the perfect home for a gifted in ring wrestler like him, but I believe that he hasn't been utilized as much as he could. Even though he doesn't meet the 205 weight limit, I would have him in some matches with cruiserweight guys that would really show what he can do in the ring. He should also work on getting more of an identity on team red.

Dean Ambrose (RAW) - Ambrose was pushed to be the face of SD. However (at least for me) he has become pretty boring lately. I think a change of scenery and may even a heel turn (go full fledged insane) would do good for him.

Vaudevillians (RAW) - They really haven't had much to do. I don't think that their gimmick has much steam on the main roster. I'd save give it one more go on a different brand to see if they can get the crowd invested in them. If not, it may be time to go back to NXT to try something else.

The Club (SD) - With the potential when they first debuted, The Club has really been an embarrassment this year (well their booking). I think they need to switch to the other brand to give them a much needed restart and a fresh set of teams to face. However, I would keep them away from Styles, as he is doing fine on his own (more than fine).

Seth Rollins (SD) - If I was going to send Ambrose to RAW, we need a big name for SD in return. That's why I would send Rollins to SD. If WWE would have capitalized on the reaction that Rollins received when he returned to attack Reigns, Rollins could have been a huge face right now. However, they put it off, and now he's not really as over as I would like to see him. I think switching to SD could help Rollins move along a lot better. Imagine a feud between Face Rollins and Heel Styles.

What roster changes would you like to see throughout the year?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Asuka to Raw
Sami Zayn to SmackDown
Samoa Joe to SmackDown
Shinsuke Nakamura to SmackDown
Dean Ambrose to Raw

With these, SmackDown gets 3 new stars, all excellent wrestlers which is whatever SmackDown is all about as you mention. And The Shield are all on Raw.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Asuka to Raw
Sami Zayn to SmackDown
Samoa Joe to SmackDown
Shinsuke Nakamura to SmackDown
Dean Ambrose to Raw

With these, SmackDown gets 3 new stars, all excellent wrestlers which is whatever SmackDown is all about as you mention. And The Shield are all on Raw.
I was trying to avoid putting all 3 Shield stars on the same show. The shield reunion thing is starting to lose its edge with all of these teases that they keep doing. I think they need to keep all 3 guys away from each other for awhile, and then do a full fledged reunion if that's what they want to do.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I would like to see Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Aj Styles, Finn Balor, and Shinsuke Nakamura all on Smackdown. With the way Smackdown books things those 6 guys would be an insane show together. Imagine those guys in a 6 man tag.

With the way Raw books they need big names and big guys so I would give them John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, Somoa Joe, and Randy Orton for their main eventers. That's a heavy hitting main event scene that would certainly fit Raws style.

So basically the trade would go

Reigns for Cena
Rollins for Orton
Balor for Wyatt

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Oh Boy...and Here we go...

RAW to SmackDown: (Performer & My Reason)

Big E
Deserves a proper singles push and a roster change would be a fresh start.

Bo Dallas

Get him with his brother and call him Reggie Wyatt.

Sasha Banks

Gets her away from Charlotte and would make a possible heel turn easier.

Emma
Because at least SmackDown would put her on TV.

SmackDown to RAW:

Kalisto:
I like the guy...but he should be with Sin Cara and the other Cruiserweights.

Fandango:
Anything to stop that stupid fashion police gimmick.

Naomi:
Because the RAW women's division needs a shake up.

Carmella:
Same reason as Naomi...plus they could stick her back with Enzo & Cass.

Also...I've kept the list in a specific order and style because those would
be the direct trades.

Now as I've stated multiple times I would like to see Cesaro, Sami Zayn & Neville
on SmackDown but we all know I have more chance of regrowing a toe than any
of those guys ending up on SmackDown.

If I'm being honest...I think there is a good balance between the rosters...and I think
these small changes would be more for the benefit of the individual performers than
the brands as a whole.

Okay...Now the call ups:

Samoa Joe:
SmackDown please...possible matches with Styles, Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt and Harper
would make me a very happy camper.

Asuka:
I honestly don't care...just get her on the main roster and have her start throwing hip
attacks at everyone...but SmackDown would make more sense...simply to keep her
away from Bayley.

And that's it...I have no idea what to do with Nakamura...although you'd think he'd
end up on RAW...because...well its RAW.

I'm done...

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I would like to see Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Aj Styles, Finn Balor, and Shinsuke Nakamura all on Smackdown. With the way Smackdown books things those 6 guys would be an insane show together. Imagine those guys in a 6 man tag.

With the way Raw books they need big names and big guys so I would give them John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, Somoa Joe, and Randy Orton for their main eventers. That's a heavy hitting main event scene that would certainly fit Raws style.

So basically the trade would go

Reigns for Cena
Rollins for Orton
Balor for Wyatt
I think that could work. You can also add Jericho as an upper-midcarder/ main eventer for RAW. You'll need his body when the likes of Cena and Lesnar aren't around. You could definitely put on some exciting feuds with your Smackdown Roster.

Oh Boy...and Here we go...

RAW to SmackDown: (Performer & My Reason)

Big E
Deserves a proper singles push and a roster change would be a fresh start.

Bo Dallas

Get him with his brother and call him Reggie Wyatt.

Sasha Banks

Gets her away from Charlotte and would make a possible heel turn easier.

Emma
Because at least SmackDown would put her on TV.

SmackDown to RAW:

Kalisto:
I like the guy...but he should be with Sin Cara and the other Cruiserweights.

Fandango:
Anything to stop that stupid fashion police gimmick.

Naomi:
Because the RAW women's division needs a shake up.

Carmella:
Same reason as Naomi...plus they could stick her back with Enzo & Cass.

Also...I've kept the list in a specific order and style because those would
be the direct trades.

Now as I've stated multiple times I would like to see Cesaro, Sami Zayn & Neville
on SmackDown but we all know I have more chance of regrowing a toe than any
of those guys ending up on SmackDown.

If I'm being honest...I think there is a good balance between the rosters...and I think
these small changes would be more for the benefit of the individual performers than
the brands as a whole.

Okay...Now the call ups:

Samoa Joe:
SmackDown please...possible matches with Styles, Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt and Harper
would make me a very happy camper.

Asuka:
I honestly don't care...just get her on the main roster and have her start throwing hip
attacks at everyone...but SmackDown would make more sense...simply to keep her
away from Bayley.

And that's it...I have no idea what to do with Nakamura...although you'd think he'd
end up on RAW...because...well its RAW.

I'm done...

I like the female trades that you made. Naomi has good in ring work, so it would be nice to see what she could do with a real feud.

I think it would be interesting to see Dallas try fight joining the Wyatts with Bray telling him he is destined to join. Could make for an interesting story if done right.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Call-ups:
Aries to RAW is bound to happen.
Asuka to SmackDown.
Joey Headrocker to SmackDown. Hopefully he debuts at the Rumble.
Nakamura to SmackDown.
The Revival to SmackDown.

Drafts:
Cesaro and Zayn to SmackDown.

What I'm trying to say is... Fuck RAW. SmackDown is the A show. :smug: