What raw need to do to improve ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You mean when they had the SEASON PREMIERE of Monday Night Raw? Are you saying that wasn't a big deal? For shame, Miss Snake. :haha:

it1Ws.gif

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
#1 reason has already been said, bring it back to two hours. But also try to create a healthier booking philosophy. Add some of the sporty elements that they have now, along with a strong sense on storylines. That way, people care about matches because they are either entertaining or have a purpose.

Also another note on commentary, it has improved since the brand split. But honestly, focus on a two man system again. The third person in the booth doesn't really add much unless it is a guest.

Something that doesn't help Raw's ratings either is NFL being back, and just our natural shift away from TV to the internet (I don't even have cable by choice...).

But hey, I'm no TV executive, what do I know?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Also @Jacob Fox, we've both thought Raw's improved a lot this year though, but how much do you think stuff like the social media discussion and buzz around the show has improved/even matters?
I remember saying how they have to rebuild the fanbase after the doldrums of late 2014 and much of 2015, there were a time where some of the loudest voices in the community were almost ashamed to admit they watched Raw lol, and - many times on here - people act cool by proudly proclaiming they're not watching. That... seems to be improving to an extent.

That's the thing with appeasing the internet community, there's always going to be negativity but they're improving at getting rid of this toxic culture of people hating the show lol. People on here have started watching again and enjoy it. That stuff helps.

(Think it would help a lot if they could be more creative in looking for positives. Like instead of immediately being cynical with this Cruiserweight division, we can remember what seeing Cedric Alexander and TJ Perkins on Raw is replacing. No more Titus vs Darren debacles on Raw, this is better, thank you! :) )

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Also @Jacob Fox, we've both thought Raw's improved a lot this year though, but how much do you think stuff like the social media discussion and buzz around the show has improved/even matters?
I remember saying how they have to rebuild the fanbase after the doldrums of late 2014 and much of 2015, there were a time where some of the loudest voices in the community were almost ashamed to admit they watched Raw lol, and - many times on here - people act cool by proudly proclaiming they're not watching. That... seems to be improving to an extent.

That's the thing with appeasing the internet community, there's always going to be negativity but they're improving at getting rid of this toxic culture of people hating the show lol. People on here have started watching again and enjoy it. That stuff helps.

(Think it would help a lot if they could be more creative in looking for positives. Like instead of immediately being cynical with this Cruiserweight division, we can remember what seeing Cedric Alexander and TJ Perkins on Raw is replacing. No more Titus vs Darren debacles on Raw, this is better, thank you! :) )

I couldn't tell you about the social media thing. I really don't pay much attention to it in relation to WWE. I am sure it matters because it's such a big thing in the world right now, but I have no idea if it's good or bad.

I think the show has gotten better. Definitely much better than in 2014 and 2015. And every now and then we even get a pretty amazing chat going during a Monday show. There seems to be a much more positive mood surrounding it.

But you're right that it would be better to look for positives than to concentrate on the negatives.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
But you're right that it would be better to look for positives than to concentrate on the negatives.

Like seriously, there is this sense of elitism these days we all fall into where people think they are better for only pointing out the negatives in something. It isn't wrong to be fairly critical, but if you let it blind you, then you can't enjoy something even if there is good in it.

Like WWE, here is some of what it has going for it right now.

Women's Division is probably overall the best its ever been.

The talent on the roster is well rounded.

Kevin Owens as Universal Champ and AJ as WWE Champion.

The Miz is doing some of the best work in his career and even if Dolph leaves the company, he has made me care about him again.

The cruiserweights, although hit a snag with those jabroni's chanting "CM Punk" last week on Raw, the fact they are back is an exciting prospect.

Raw hasn't been as much of a chore to watch for most people.

*insert Smackdown live here*

Also Bayley is so hug-able :bayley:

Reactions: Gman003

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Personally... I love RAW again. Especially since the brand split when they brought back those mother fucking.....RED ROPES!
AND RED/BLACK/GREY COLOUR SCHEME! And the new ring posts look fan-fucking-tastic.

I do prefer the smackdown stage set, but I also love the RAW set aswell.

KO as champ... is probably the best thing to happen in a while on RAW. And I hope it lasts atleast until the RAW after Survivor Series. So I can watch him walk in and out still champion at SS.
I love the way he won it too, if I'm being honest. Surprise visits like the one HHH made that night on RAW are what make me marrrrrk the fuck out and finally...Finally. ..that pedigree to Rollins I've been waiting a year for. The man is a fucking beast and the odd appearance from him makes it even more special when he is there. He deserves some sort of bull nickname because that's what he reminds me of. Just this massive beast of a figure in WWE.

Man even just typing all this out now got me hyped up. I may be 27, but I fucking love where wrestling is at now. I rejoined in march of 2015, right before WM31 and while I had been following since that point, from April until now has been my favourite stretch. Fuck that since March.... Roadblock I got to see LIVE in the building. That was cool but it made my need to see survivor series that much stronger lol.

I really hope they continue the stretch they've been on since the split.... because man, it has been fun again.

Also lately the 3 hours hasn't been too hard to watch. I don't fast forward a minute anymore. (Have to record most weeks and watch either later that night or the next day because of my shifts)

:ko:

And I've even been less shy about the fact that I watch wrestling again now. I didn't speak a word of it with anyone before. But since the rejuvenation I have no problem saying I watch wrestling.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
3 hours is to long I just don't watch RAW on the network. I lie I have been watching Raw from 1998/1999.

My ideal
2 hours- wrestling show
3 hours PPV
4 hours Wrestlemania.

5 hour wrestlemania and 3 hour Raw is to much.

The talent is their, the in ring stuff is better than the AE along with the womens wrestling. Booking and storylines seems to be whats missing. I checked out the Broken Matt Hardy thing on TNA and that is kind of interesting.

Bound for Glory PPV