What now for Chris Jericho?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Well, Y2J is back next week. Anyone have any thoughts on how he will be used, any potential feuds. If he's around for SummerSlam I'd love to see him beat Sheamus for the WHC. I'd love to see a Jericho/Bryan feud but that would either involve turning one of them babyface or having a groundbreaking heel vs heel feud.

Thoughts....

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Have him feud with Miz, and they can fight over who can continue using Jericho's schtick.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Hell no. Anything to keep Miz off TV. Hate that douche, can't take him seriously. Anyway, it would be a total waste of Jericho seen as WWE may never re-push Miz

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Well he'll prob cut some promos and have a couple of random matches until Orton comes back and they can pick up that feud again until Jericho leaves for the summer.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Well he'll prob cut some promos and have a couple of random matches until Orton comes back and they can pick up that feud again until Jericho leaves for the summer.

Orton wont be back in time to feud with Jericho. And surely Y2J wont be left out of MitB!!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Orton wont be back in time to feud with Jericho. And surely Y2J wont be left out of MitB!!

Other than doing his Walls spot on the ladder, what good would being in that match do for him?

MITB should remain a spot for guys who don't have anything else to get over with imo. Jericho could totally make Ziggler into a maineventer and a top face guy if he was given a feud with him.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Other than doing his Walls spot on the ladder, what good would being in that match do for him?

MITB should remain a spot for guys who don't have anything else to get over with imo. Jericho could totally make Ziggler into a maineventer and a top face guy if he was given a feud with him.

I never said anything about putting him in the briefcase ladder match, I said MitB - as in the PPV.

Dont want a face Ziggler just yet but yeah they could have a great feud

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd have Jericho in the MITB Ladder Match without a shadow of a doubt, will add legitimacy to it and will be game for a spot or two. Not to mention there's 8 spots to fill so i'd rather one be used on him other than someone like Heath Slater.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Well since he's returning next week and with Fozzy to give a performance makes me think he will be back as a face since he's playing for the fans and is gonna have to get into it. Or maybe he'll just perform and then a week or so later or that night of RAW he will still be a heel. If he is a face, I think the good idea would be have him win one of the MITB's to bring some credibility to it and it will be something the fans like. And then just have Barrett or Cody win the other MITB. But then who would Jericho feud with if he is a face as Sheamus is face and CM Punk is face. Maybe he cashes it in later on in the night and beats whoever retains but then once again you gotta remember he is leaving yet again for a big tour with his band in Summer so having him win the MITB or WWE Championship will do nothing in the long run.

I really don't know. And that post may have seemed/sounded like a clusterfuck but I just dunno. Have to wait and see next week.

edit: my bad, just rewatched RAW and I don't think Fozzy are playing. they were just showing him performing since he's been gone and he will simply be back next week. disregard my fozzy comments. I'd assume he's returning as a heel then. Straight back into a feud with Sheamus.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I actually feel Jericho should be face, there's lack of faces going on in WWE.

While you've got Punk, Sheamus and Cena as the main faces. With Orton suspended and possibly being terminated, Jericho as a face would be beneficial for WWE. The fact they teased a Fozzy appearance, I know his albums sell and such but getting over with that could be a good move on WWE/Fozzy's behalf.

If Jericho was to be face, he'd have a good feud with Ziggler and many others.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wouldn't mind seeing Jericho as a face again but I doubt that they will go that direction. Jericho feuding with Ziggler would be a great feud and would be a huge boost to Ziggler so WWE should make that happen.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

So Chris Jericho is returning next week. I think his heel run has been over done and he doesn't really bring anything to the table being heel. He only needed to be heel for his Punk feud. Now that that's over with, and Orton is an idiot, Jericho is feud-less. As is Dolph Ziggler, as I bet Del Rio will take his place again against Sheamus. So have Ziggler cutting a promo next week, and bam, return of Jericho and you have an instant money making feud. Have it be for the number one contender spot as well. The matches they can have will be amazing. And it beats a Swagger/Ziggler feud imo.

What are your feelings on this feud, or do you want to see Jericho/Ziggler feud with. And how do you think the return of Jericho will pan out.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still holding out for a Jericho/Bryan feud between now and Survivor Series. Lets face, the 2 are super over and could put on match of the year contenders night in night out. They both have great mic skills and something as old school as an episode of Jeicho's Highlight Reel could kick start this feud.

Deuce

Reaction score
Jericho vs Ziggler, that sounds like an intense feud, I would mark the fuck out if I seen that, but the obvious winner would be Jericho. :mark:

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

I'd love this feud but I honestly don't see it happening. I think Jericho may be the one to challenge Sheamus for the WHC at SummerSlam. As for Ziggler, I see a briefcase with his name on it.