What Movies should be spun off into a TV Series?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
While skimming across news for the Entertainment section I ran across an article posing this question and wondered what you the Pulse community felt what an appropriate movie to TV series would be.

I will start.

I have a couple that just popped into my head:

The Avengers: we could see them on a weekly basis fighting countless enemies in the Marvel Universe and if done well they could use the TV to ramp up to the story line to the next film.

The Goonies: I would love to see the continued adventures of the kids from the Goondocks and a few appearances by Sloth would not hurt either.

Hellboy: I liked Hellboy and think that he could have a decent show on a weekly basis.

any thoughts discuss below.

Eddie North

Reaction score
Avengers, I think would lose it's touch. It would also take away from the individual movies a bit IMO.

Goonies, I still haven't seen the movie but wouldn't mind a television show.

Hellboy would be awesome, I think if it started as a Series instead of a Film Franchise it would of been more beneficial.

To throw some of my thoughts in the hate, The Matrix. Matrix especially after the first movie would of benefited far more by a television series then trying to cram what they did into 2 more movies especially when the second and third weren't all that good. With a series they would of had more time and could of planned it better.

My other going off the idea that others have done with Webisodes, Harry Potter. Continuing or doing a prequil or sequil through a Series if done well with actual productions would be good. I tired watching Sirius Black and the Secret Keeper but watching it on a PC and with the lower grade acting and production I couldn't get into it, but with proper actors and production I think something along this lines could turn out well.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Matrix would be cool, although god knows what sorta storylines they'd concoct to confuse us :lol:

I heard rumors of a Zombieland TV series ages ago, that'd be nice but I imagine a lot of people would few it as too similar to Walking Dead nowadays.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I also think a Tomb Raider TV show would be decent for awhile just as long as they have decent writers for the show.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Clerks would have been awesome if Kevin Smith was writing and O'Hallohan and Jeff Anderson starred.

Eddie North

Reaction score
fuck it.. I'll say it... Indiana Jones... maybe the Early years

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Clerks would have been awesome if Kevin Smith was writing and O'Hallohan and Jeff Anderson starred.

that would have been awesome and have a few cameo's by Jay and Silent Bob

Eddie North

Reaction score
Clerks would have to be on HBO, Showtime, or one of the likes... censored wouldn't be as good

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
fuck it.. I'll say it... Indiana Jones... maybe the Early years

They already had a show like that, it was called Young Indiana Jones or something like that.

As for the Tomb Raider idea, they've also had a show kind of like that. It was called Relic Hunter.

For me, I'd like to see a movie like Creepshow get turned into a television show. We just don't have good horror anthology shows any more and I long for the glory days of Tales from the Crypt, The Twilight Zone or Night Gallery.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They already had a show like that, it was called Young Indiana Jones or something like that.

As for the Tomb Raider idea, they've also had a show kind of like that. It was called Relic Hunter.

For me, I'd like to see a movie like Creepshow get turned into a television show. We just don't have good horror anthology shows any more and I long for the glory days of Tales from the Crypt, The Twilight Zone or Night Gallery.

Or even Freddys Nightmares or the Stephen King series.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I think they have one out now.... I believe its called American Horror Anthology could be wrong on the name though it looks interesting.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Inception could make for an interesting tv series.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Didn't they have an animated Hellboy series?

Eddie North

Reaction score
was a straight to DVD I believe, but I think we are talking more of a live action series