What makes you watch WWE each week?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As of right now, what makes you tune in? I am not coming from a trolly stance or anything, I just haven't enjoyed it much at all in like 2 years. I don't know why, but it feels like there is too much and not enough going on at the same time. Does that make sense? idk... Anyways, what makes YOU continue to watch every week? What keeps you keen on the product and wanting to invest your valuable time watching and following it?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's more of a formality. I watch because I've been used to watching RAW, every Monday for so many years. My Monday feels empty without it, but bored with it.

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
Just the basic concept of sports entertainment, something which got me into the product in the first place. It's like your favorite sports, the level of competition and skills on display may fluctuate from time to time but you don't stop watching just because the quality isn't what it used to be, I still have no issues in taking out 3-5 hours of my weekly time to watch WWE.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this thread up.

Part of my interest is simply here, this has definitely become my place to relax, and keeping up with Raw is the easiest show to talk about.
But I've been wondering, too. Mentioned in a PM what I should do about watching WWE, took a break and then saw that episode where Styles turned on Cena, and didn't pop at all. Figured that was a sign to stop watching.
Any kind of pointers and stuff with this will help greatly. Maybe PPV only?

Reactions: Solidus1

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I don't. I've lost all hope, and I'm just not all that interested.

Reaction score
It's two reasons for me:

1. Habit- It is VERY hard for me to watch anything other than RAW on Monday Nights (I don't watch SmackDown). It's been a big part of my life since I started watching wrestling again in December of 2013. Yes, on most nights, it bores the hell out of me, but my Mondays aren't the same without it. I can't explain it.

2. Hope- Sometimes, though, the WWE pisses me off more than they make me happy. It honestly makes me wonder constantly, "why am I still watching this crap?". The reason why I'm still watching the WWE is because I hope beyond hope that the Main Roster product will change and that Vince will actually listen to the fans.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's just a major part of my life and has been for the most part for a very long time. I've watched the WWE go through amazingly good times through amazingly bad times and then back to good times again.

When I first began watching wrestling, it was like I discovered this world which it was meant for me to be a part of in some way. I began watching with the WWE. Yeah, it can suck every now and then, but in my view wrestling for me is on some level good even when it's really bad. The WWE is in no way my favorite promotion, I much prefer NJPW, ROH, LU and I watch a lot of the NWA too. But the WWE is on television and easy to access. I guess I continue to watch it because it is wrestling that I don't have to search for.

I've mentioned several times that I only ever took on hiatus from wrestling and that was during the Attitude Era. Other than a few years back then, the WWE has been a part of my life since 1986. Having something that familiar is a good thing.

With my luck, I'll stop watching WWE and the moment I do, it will get great again and I will miss it.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Because there's always some hope in me that vinny will put on some gem shows... Sure, they all won't be great... But there's some moments that happen in Raw that are truly epic.... I watch to be able to say that I saw that right when it happened.

Otherwise, sometimes I wonder why I watch. More often than not, most of the show is fluff bs and garbage.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's two reasons for me:

1. Habit- It is VERY hard for me to watch anything other than RAW on Monday Nights (I don't watch SmackDown). It's been a big part of my life since I started watching wrestling again in December of 2013. Yes, on most nights, it bores the hell out of me, but my Mondays aren't the same without it. I can't explain it.

2. Hope- Sometimes, though, the WWE pisses me off more than they make me happy. It honestly makes me wonder constantly, "why am I still watching this crap?". The reason why I'm still watching the WWE is because I hope beyond hope that the Main Roster product will change and that Vince will actually listen to the fans.

Just for fun, we need to find a 3rd H to add to this list... Hey that can go in the hope section too! :yay:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
2804546757_5d034c1d29.jpg

I don't always watch WWE...but when I do...

I watch to see Kevin Owens.

Stay smarky, my friends.