What makes you nostalgic?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ready to wipe away some tears? Let's reminisce about the actual good years because 2020 :smh

Early 2000's were my nostalgic years for the most part so maybe yours will be different.

5-BaCPdWAqmeyZZnx_TxneiIM-XesechzSaXGLvj8ioRsadvSzSWSWDWRhJpcIjzujZqCjePeZcWrVaUbwrEEG9dSdPKYGuV_pK2clJqlpcW9JgGyL8PRnn75fknCH7xbMGhym8v

51vN8jNZa6L._AC_.jpg

YAx45agH23sdYsqI6-II1t5PhJqok_nW3VPzj5dTX1M.jpg

Searching for GTA Cheat Codes

wZWS8GP5GYsbSGOBfG4mvnjBY9Nisc0qmdP5HxszmhY.jpg

These themes

Teacher rolling this badboy out (something similar at least)

5p8r4lq4kx621.png

The best OS

350px-Windows_XP_Silver.png

When Youtube ratings actually mattered and weren't just generic like/dislike

55f1ca09dd0895d1078b4783

Cartoon-Network-1000x563.jpg

Movie night :markcry

1311755_Blockbuster_UKfascia.jpg

sub-buzz-27368-1496162849-9.jpg

show-cover-drakeandjosh.jpg

Growing up with these motherfuckers (one of them literally)

2478_tn.jpg

Watching MTV for the shows that were incredibly fake but back then we didn't care

Reactions: Showstopper

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
We're the same age so a lot of this same stuff for me as well. I was big into Cartoon Network so any shows from that era were my shit.

Obviously wrestling as well, I had a PS1 for a while as a kid but mostly just had wrestling games on that so I don't get too nostalgia for other old games bc I mostly just ended up playing them late.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I miss MSN so much. One of my friends and I would spend hours on there just chatting to each other, sometimes we'd go into purely conversations just of smileys and we'd make pictures out of them :lol Plus all the stupid MSN names people would come up with, mine always had a song lyric in it, usually of my fave song of that time LOL.

Anybody remember Bebo and Hi5? Basically the precursors to Facebook. I remember my Bebo name was Mrs_Cena_xxx or something cos it was 2008 and I was obsessed with him :lmao

The days when downloading music and videos took forever cos everybody had dialup internet. Limewire & Kazaa! I filled up my harddrive cos I downloaded so many music videos lol.

I also used to play Pokemon on an emulator on my PC (still do that now with fangames and hacks) but it was Pokemon Blue & Red and my Dad deleted my file cos he didn't know what it was and I got so mad at him cos I was halfway through the game. Then I downloaded Gold & Silver but it was in Japanese and I had no idea what was happening cos I couldn't read it LOL.

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
We're the same age so a lot of this same stuff for me as well. I was big into Cartoon Network so any shows from that era were my shit.

Obviously wrestling as well, I had a PS1 for a while as a kid but mostly just had wrestling games on that so I don't get too nostalgia for other old games bc I mostly just ended up playing them late.

Any of the old consoles give me nostalgic tingles. I was fortunate enough to be able to play practically everything either by owning it myself or at a friend's house. Any of the old start-ups from PS1, Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox really take me back instantly. I think the Xbox 360 is probably the biggest one because it's when I was introduced to Xbox Live and it kind of changed my world, and I made a lot of memories before I switched back to Playstation this generation. Occasionally I miss Halo a lot.

I miss MSN so much. One of my friends and I would spend hours on there just chatting to each other, sometimes we'd go into purely conversations just of smileys and we'd make pictures out of them :lol Plus all the stupid MSN names people would come up with, mine always had a song lyric in it, usually of my fave song of that time LOL.

Anybody remember Bebo and Hi5? Basically the precursors to Facebook. I remember my Bebo name was Mrs_Cena_xxx or something cos it was 2008 and I was obsessed with him :lmao

The days when downloading music and videos took forever cos everybody had dialup internet. Limewire & Kazaa! I filled up my harddrive cos I downloaded so many music videos lol.

I also used to play Pokemon on an emulator on my PC (still do that now with fangames and hacks) but it was Pokemon Blue & Red and my Dad deleted my file cos he didn't know what it was and I got so mad at him cos I was halfway through the game. Then I downloaded Gold & Silver but it was in Japanese and I had no idea what was happening cos I couldn't read it LOL.

Same. I think about MSN constantly, the conversations were never super deep or interesting majority of the time but I just loved always having someone to chat with, and staying up late chatting about random things. As soon as School finished, instead of meeting up outside we all used to say "MSN when you get home?". I don't feel like anything has replaced it, even though technically there is more options now to communicate like Discord, Skype, Messenger. It just isn't the same. :markcry

I remember Bebo, at one point it was the rage at my School. It was weird not to have a Bebo at one point, I remember you could really personalise your profile and everyone used to do quizzes and stuff like that. I embarrassed myself on a number of occasions hitting up girls on there, but let's forget about that. :mox

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I LOVE Discord, but nothing replaces MSN. My friends and I would see each other all day at school then immediately get on MSN when we got home and chat more :lol

• Haha

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I was always an AIM Guy. I was on there until the day that shit died. I tried Line afterwards, wasn't the same. Discord doesn't do it for me either.

MySpace was my shit also, like LOVED that site man, like the profiles and the music. That was the shit back in the day. I had a lot of local indie wrestlers added and they would use pictures I took at shows as their profile pictures, the local company would use my pictures. I told them go right ahead, because I enjoyed the company and wanted to do all I could to help out.

A lot of the stuff in the OP as well, like Drake and Josh, Blockbuster, Cartoon Network when it wasn't shit, The Halo games.

If you also pay attention to when I post from Tapatalk, instead of saying I am posting from my iPhone like I really am, it says
Nokia 3310

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Speaking of AIM anyone here ever rock ICQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Cartoon Network from the 2002-2008 was honestly the GOAT, and having witnessed the CNLive era of 2009, I fucking hated it so much.

Here's something not a lot of folks may remember, but makes me insanely nostalgic:

Of course, there's also the good old:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Don't get me started on nostalgia.

TV shows that didnt take themselves seriously a day was fun to watch-- A-team, ALF, Knight Rider.

News shows that reported the news and wasnt a political free for all the same can be said for talk shows that was on TV that wasn't political fodder.

Movies that wasn't remade 50 times.

The OG- NES and super Mario bros, Zelda, matroid and punch out.

Cartoons that were good- transformers, gi Joe, Thundercats (not that new abomination that is on)

I did use AIM and their chat rooms in college.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Tamagotchi_0124_ubt.jpeg

One of my fave 90s things, the tamagotchi! Loved these stupid things :lol

At my school, literally everyone had one so each lunchtime one person would be named the person who watched the tamagotchis and would take care of them, so you'd end up with like 20 tamagotchis beeping at you :lmao

Also, were chatter rings a thing for you guys?
IMG_0001.jpg

They were HUGE at my school, everyone had one. You could do tricks with them, and I was the chatter ring QUEEN. Then some jealous idiot stole my ring lol.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I'm old school for real though. But, I have so many things that I'd be here listing too many of them honestly.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I can't believe all of you forgot about

THE OREGON TRAIL AND DEATH BY DYSENTERY!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Literally everything makes me nostalgic.

• Sad

Ace

Reaction score
It wasn't MSN for me, I used Skype chat.
Pokemon tazos are another one. Not sure if they were South Africa-only though.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I can't believe all of you forgot about

THE OREGON TRAIL AND DEATH BY DYSENTERY!
That was genuinely not a thing in NZ, I didn't hear of the game till I was an adult lol.