What makes it significantly worse than RAW? (my opinion)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
SmackDown for me is the B show, well it IS the B show. But it lacks so much interest worldwide compared with RAW. Maybe because RAW is live? But I think it's because SmackDown lacks those key story-lines. When was the last time SmackDown main evented a PPV? Back when it was Undertaker vs Kane in 2010. There's been nothing good since then. Orton vs Christian was a good feud, but where are the interesting storylines? RAW has had CM Punk leaving, Conspiracy, Johnny Ace, Kane coming back, "It Begins", The Rock etc.

SmackDown should be used better. Make people more interested in it. I'm assuming on the WWE network it'll be live, so why not make people want to watch it now? They're not lacking superstars really, compare the rosters.

SmackDown "Stars":

Randy Orton
Sheamus
Wade Barrett
Cody Rhodes
Christian
Booker T (lol)
Big Show
Daniel Bryan
Mark Henry

RAW "Stars":

John Cena
CM Punk
Kane
Miz
Alberto Del Rio
Zack Ryder
Dolph Ziggler

Any more?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
WWE just takes more interest in RAW I suppose because it's live. But you're right, SmackDown looks like an abandoned ship. It makes sense to make storylines on SmackDown too since they appear on RAW aswell now, so they get double build-up time.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Seems as if the writers for Smackdown put little to no time into building stories and angles, apart from the Mark Henry hall of pain recently. The only real feuds or storylines in recent months has been the very dull and uncreative "i want that belt, and i want it now".

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
RAW = Entertainment show

Smackdown = Wrestling show

Has been for quite a few years.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk said:
RAW = Entertainment show

Smackdown = Wrestling show

Has been for quite a few years.

Yeah but that shouldn't stop story-lines. You can be a wrestling show with great story-lines, look at Taker and Kane in 2010. Was great.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah but that shouldn't stop story-lines. You can be a wrestling show with great story-lines, look at Taker and Kane in 2010. Was great.

It doesn't, you're right. But Vince's main priority is to make RAW as entertaining as possible. By that they have guest host, stupid dance offs, ect.

Just compare the time of Wrestling of both shows.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk said:
It doesn't, you're right. But Vince's main priority is to make RAW as entertaining as possible. By that they have guest host, stupid dance offs, ect.

Just compare the time of Wrestling of both shows.

True. Guest hosts have stopped now, they actually listened to the IWC there. Those dance-off's between commentators are bad, commentators shouldn't be in any segments. Perhaps Cole since he gets mega-heat and should become a mananger.

But as for quality of story-lines, RAW is miles ahead.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
True. Guest hosts have stopped now, they actually listened to the IWC there. Those dance-off's between commentators are bad, commentators shouldn't be in any segments. Perhaps Cole since he gets mega-heat and should become a mananger.

But as for quality of story-lines, RAW is miles ahead.
That's because CM Punk has been giving ideas about storylines since his Shoot Promo. Before that Smackdown had the upperhand with Randy Orton Vs. Christian.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Dunno, CM Punk gets the credit but creative don't? I'm sure it was creative. Orton vs Christian wasn't really a good storyline, just the match was insane.
Punk goes directly to Vince and tells him his ideas. Vince gives the ideas to creative to see if it would be a good storyline. They talk about it, sometime make some adjustments and they go along with it. CM Punk is the source but creative should get some degree of credit.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk said:
Punk goes directly to Vince and tells him his ideas. Vince gives the ideas to creative to see if it would be a good storyline. They talk about it, sometime make some adjustments and they go along with it. CM Punk is the source but creative should get some degree of credit.

Well no one knows that for sure, but it's something I'd definitely believe knowing Punk. He really did revolutionize WWE for a period with that story-line.
Perhaps Orton should do the same for SmackDown ;). I'd book something like Barrett takes control of SmackDown, is the GM and books himself in title matches with Bryan etc. Wins it not clean, they fight at Mania'. Or same thing for Christian.