What makes Christian such an internet darling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't think anyone can argue against those things, but does his talent warrant the attention/appreciation he gets in the IWC? It is identical to Punk's situation when he wasn't utilised. I don't think Christian is the WWE saviour that most people think he is to be honest, and that's coming from a Christian mark

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
:obama: fine then I'll debate with you (this'll end up badly I sense)
Cynthio said:
on the mic but I don't think he's good enough consistently to be blown away. He's not on the same level of Punk, Ambrose, Cena on a good day, Rock, or even Miz. His ring work is great though and that's probably why he is so loved, because he is consistently good. He's a bit like Daniel Bryan in the sense of constantly making his opponents look like gold, even if they're not that good.

It's probably because he's misused. Punk was adored by everyone until he got his main event push, and now people think it's cool to hate on him. Christian has notoriously been underused because Vince isn't really a fan, so naturally the IWC push him on the highest pedestal there is. If Christian was a constant main eventer for a year, we would have a lot of Christian-hating threads.

I'd say he's more consistent that Cena by a long way and at there peak he can hang with him, his 05 heel work was beautiful.

I agree about him being misused causing some of the fan boyism but Khali get's similar booking but because he's so terrible noone cares, being misused is half the battle, the other half is being good enough to carry the world title for an extended period of time. Look at the reigns he was given in the WWE, they were horrible but he was a great ECW champion as he showed with his matches with Swagger and Shelton amongst other and was incredible as NWA champion.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Get your Miz hate out of here, and actually answer the topic question :tough2:

Nothing else to add, seabs and Punk have said it all. IMO he's better than Cena on the mic too. Whomever says he isn't good on the mic obviously didn't watch him when he was in TNA. The guy had more promo time than almost anyone. Especially during his feud with Angle. His ring work anywhere speaks for itself.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't think anyone can argue against those things, but does his talent warrant the attention/appreciation he gets in the IWC? It is identical to Punk's situation when he wasn't utilised. I don't think Christian is the WWE saviour that most people think he is to be honest, and that's coming from a Christian mark

People are calling him the savior? If so I'll concede that's ridiculous, same as Punk isn't the savior but he's better than what he got by a long way and has proven it, he's probaly top 10 as total packages based on his WWE work alone.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Senhor Perfect said:
Nothing else to add, seabs and Punk have said it all. IMO he's better than Cena on the mic too. Whomever says he isn't good on the mic obviously didn't watch him when he was in TNA. The guy had more promo time than almost anyone. Especially during his feud with Angle. His ring work anywhere speaks for itself.

Anyone who says he isn't good on the mic hasn't watched him period. He's great on the mic, he just isn't consistently incredible imo.

Seabs said:
People are calling him the savior? If so I'll concede that's ridiculous, same as Punk isn't the savior but he's better than what he got by a long way and has proven it, he's probaly top 10 as total packages based on his WWE work alone.

Not necessarily here, but the IWC in general have said loads of similar things about Christian like "saviour". Do you think Christian should have a long WWE championship reign carrying the RAW company? I think he'd be good enough to pull it off, but I just do not see him as a permanent main eventer.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The only thing I found in some garbage from the BleachersReport.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/108895-christians-comeback-may-save-the-wwe

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Anyone who says he isn't good on the mic hasn't watched him period. He's great on the mic, he just isn't consistently incredible imo.

Not necessarily here, but the IWC in general have said loads of similar things about Christian like "saviour". Do you think Christian should have a long WWE championship reign carrying the RAW company? I think he'd be good enough to pull it off, but I just do not see him as a permanent main eventer.

Unfortunately his age is working against him now. He definitely could carry the WHC for a long period of time. Once ADR is done with Swagger, a long back and forth feud with Christian would be great for the title and ADR himself.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
The only thing I found in some garbage from the BleachersReport.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/108895-christians-comeback-may-save-the-wwe

That "reporting" gave me cancer. Lets all just take over BR, us > them.

And Crayo, the point was really just to start a discussion lmao. So it's basically on topic.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Christian has no business being near the WWE Title at this point, and maybe shouldn't even hold the WHC again since he got his run... but he should certainly be at the top of the card on SD and competing in upper mid card feuds and possibly challenging ADR or Ziggler for the title, whoever has it after Mania.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Christian has no business being near the WWE Title at this point, and maybe shouldn't even hold the WHC again since he got his run... but he should certainly be at the top of the card on SD and competing in upper mid card feuds and possibly challenging ADR or Ziggler for the title, whoever has it after Mania.

Completely agree. He could make other future main eventers look like gold, whilst providing us with great entertainment.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
He's an amazing talent in every way possible, but I think the reason why the IWC likes him the most is because he is really the ultimate underdog to them. It's no secret Vince doesn't see him as a main event talent, which I guess is what makes us like him even more. Because we do see something in him, kinda like Punk and Bryan a few years ago until they got their mega pushes.

I think the only reason why he isn't a Main Event talent is because he's just so damn good at making people look good. I remember watching an interview once with Scott Hall saying "If you're good at taking bumps for people, that's all you'll ever do". Christian is that guy, he's just amazing at making people look good, which is I guess why he's the upper-midcard jobber.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
leojay said:
I think the only reason why he isn't a Main Event talent is because he's just so damn good at making people look good. I remember watching an interview once with Scott Hall saying "If you're good at taking bumps for people, that's all you'll ever do". Christian is that guy, he's just amazing at making people look good, which is I guess why he's the upper-midcard jobber.

Ziggler syndrome :sad1:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Leojay touches on a valid point. Vince doesn't see anything in Christian so the internet which is Vince emotional and intellectual counterpoint latches on to him.