What makes Christian such an internet darling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
(Inspired by Dolph's and Dat Kid arguing about this on another thread)

There are people out there who find Christian bland, and others who think he deserves another WHC match. Admittedly he barely has a character and his mic work leaves a lot to be desired, but plenty of us love some Captain Charisma nonetheless.

Is it all the years he's been in the company? Is it his athleticism and the match quality he delivers? How much of it is booking-related, with all the terrible babyfaces and overbooked scrubs making this little-pushed Christian look better by comparison?

Discuss.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
People doubt his mic work?

He's probably one of the top 5 mic workers in the company.

Some TNA ones too

His ring work is great also examples include:

His ECW work was great too, he's a great talent. I can't see a flaw in him, beyond his scrawny ass look. He's an amazing heel and a good face who's been crippled by horrible booking. If you're not a fan after working his heel work in 05 I'd be surprised in all honesty.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't see the doubts for Christian either. As seabs said he is one of the top 5 talkers in the company, top 10 easy. Also with a solid ring style what isn't to like?

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'd class him as above good in ring tbh, I feel like I've raped this thread but not enough yet so fan boy mode part 2 is enabled.

Apologies in advance Bully Rain.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I would've posted my thoughts on why he's amazing, but Seabs pretty much took the words outta my mouth.
5406d13fe90bb81667e9db2878dd3029.png

In-Ring Work - Above good
Mic Work - Awesome
Face/Heel - He does them both perfectly. He can play a great babyface role as he can as a heel.
Entertainer - Funny as fuck

I would say if you're not a fan of Christian or don't see talent in him, you're fucking Blue, but people have opinions.

[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1q578_john-cena-vs-christian-battle-rap_sport?search_algo=2[/video]​

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Team Kofi Kingston looking for a fight, 4 of us are black and 1 of us is white what's upppp

Christian: Tomko, give me a beat
Tomko: No

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He's fantastic, but I do think he's actually overrated in the IWC. He's good on the mic but I don't think he's good enough consistently to be blown away. He's not on the same level of Punk, Ambrose, Cena on a good day, Rock, or even Miz. His ring work is great though and that's probably why he is so loved, because he is consistently good. He's a bit like Daniel Bryan in the sense of constantly making his opponents look like gold, even if they're not that good.

It's probably because he's misused. Punk was adored by everyone until he got his main event push, and now people think it's cool to hate on him. Christian has notoriously been underused because Vince isn't really a fan, so naturally the IWC push him on the highest pedestal there is. If Christian was a constant main eventer for a year, we would have a lot of Christian-hating threads.

Reactions: UkSciFiGirl

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
5406d13fe90bb81667e9db2878dd3029.png

His TNA work made me a mark in all honesty, his matches with Jarrett, AJ and Angle blew me away.

Plus looking back his work in 05 should have resulted in him being given the belt, he was better than Edge IMHO.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Great Promo by Christian here.

My TNA memory is a bit gone, was this before the Angle Alliance?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
AA started at Genesis in November according to Wiki so before I'm guessing.

The Lethal Lockdown match they had was dope too.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He's fantastic, but I do think he's actually overrated in the IWC. He's good on the mic but I don't think he's good enough consistently to be blown away. He's not on the same level of Punk, Ambrose, Cena on a good day, Rock, or even Miz.

:pity: you have to be trolling me specifically with that statement. Christian > than the Miz in every way possible.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
This is more becoming an appreciation thread rather than discussing the topic, lol.

It's kind of becoming like that. But to probably myself, it's showing how Christian is such a great worker, rather it be in the ring or on the mic.