What its like to watch wrestling again.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
As you all know, i said my temporary goodbye several months ago, i had gotten out of my wrestling mood that i get in from time to time, and had some big things to work on! and so i stopped watching wrestling since Wrestlemania.

That was 9 months ago, and alot has happened in the last 9 months, as your all aware. I unsubscribbed to my favorite wrestling channels, didnt get on the forum, and even unfollowed people on twitter to completely step away.

But a month or two ago, i decided to watch the latest episode of Raw, and just a few days ago, i watched AEW, and i did so to see what it was like to watch both shows again, after being absent for so long. And thats why im here today. The pros and cons and so much more! and we will start with monday night raw.

The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same...

Now i must be honest, my memory of that episode is non-existent, i dont remember anything that happened, but some things did stick with me. Time.

not having watched WWE in forever, the 3 hours really took its toll on me, watching matches i knew nothing about and had no interest in, characters i had seen many times before still in simuler situations, but it gets worse. Seeing superstars like Keith Lee be misshandled, which is a damn shame, superstars who should be in the main event being the opening match. Despite it being 9 months, all the things ive complained about, and others complained about, just havent changed.

those 3 hours felt like 4 or 5, sure i recall it being easy to pick up the pieces and jump in storyline wise, but that wasnt enough to really build my interest or make me wanna watch next weeks episode, which i didnt.

It was weird to be back, but as time went on, it felt more like a chore then something i wanted to do.

And then, there was AEW Dynamite

An Old Friend..

Its no secret i loved AEW when i watched it, and it was already refreshing to be back watching it again, and while i dont remember that much from the episode itself. To my surprise, that same tired feeling i had while watching raw, came back when i got in the second hour of dynamite, despite enjoying most of if not the entire show, it still took its toll, albeit not nearly as much as Raw did.

AEW has continued to improve since ive watched it, and the best parts remain great, gimmicks like the dark order which was stupid to me i didnt hate anymore, they learned and improved, which si something i cant say for WWE.

Overal, it was nice, still made me tired, but i atleast enjoyed it more then raw.

Final Thoughts

Its one thing to watch wrestling, while in the mood for it, but when you have been gone for several months, and come back just to see whats changed, its difficult, in both shows, moreso Raw since its 3 hours, i felt a tiredness that only got worse, with Raw my the third hour i was just so ready to move on, atleast with AEW i enjoyed it despite being tired. It takes alot to come back if there isnt anything your interested in. And thats the biggest takeaway i got.

Its hard to watch something when you got no interest in it, even if it ssoemthing you liked.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
All Elite Wrestling right now is at a creative high. You mentioned the AEW episode you watched was last week. Watch this week's episode. Every person on the site who has rated it so far, rated it 10. I have been on this site for over 5 years and never seen that happen before.

It was one of the best wrestling shows of the year.

• Love
Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
All Elite Wrestling right now is at a creative high. You mentioned the AEW episode you watched was last week. Watch this week's episode. Every person on the site who has rated it so far, rated it 10. I have been on this site for over 5 years and never seen that happen before.

It was one of the best wrestling shows of the year.
Thats because Jeffry isnt here to rate it 0/10

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I dumped WWE after Royal Rumble for NWA and Covid killed that.

Would watch AEW if I could. I've heard Impact is also good atm.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Covid hasn't killed NWA. Billy Corgan is a wrestling diehard. He will not let it die.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Impact has been good, but since they will be associated with AEW now it will just meh now