What is your religion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What is your religion?

• Protestantism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catholicism

• Judaism

• Mormonism

• Buddhism

• Atheist

• Hinduism

• Spiritualism

• Satanism

• Other

• Total voters

LadyHotrod

Then when the thread title asked "what is your religion", why would an athiest answer?

*messes with heads*

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
No it isn't, look at the word.

A - thiesm.

Without religion.

to be totally correct,it doesn't really mean without religion, it's just affirming the nonexistence of gods or rejecting theism(thanks to wiki, my english would have sucked).it is debatable if religion has to include gods

monkeystyle

Reaction score
to be totally correct,it doesn't really mean without religion, it's just affirming the nonexistence of gods or rejecting theism(thanks to wiki, my english would have sucked).it is debatable if religion has to include gods

The word itself means literally without religion. Its like asexual, or atypical. The idea of athiesm has a whole different meaning though as compared to the word. Another example of the precision of the english language. lol

As to your second point, I would agree and say that a religion requires on specific deity. Mine has a god in a manner of speaking, but he isn't all powerful. No matter how much he might think he is. :D

LadyHotrod

Some religious groups actually do consider it a form of religion.

I'd have to dig up the info but I'm too lazy to look for it now :(

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
The word itself means literally without religion. Its like asexual, or atypical. The idea of athiesm has a whole different meaning though as compared to the word. Another example of the precision of the english language. lol

As to your second point, I would agree and say that a religion requires on specific deity. Mine has a god in a manner of speaking, but he isn't all powerful. No matter how much he might think he is. :D

let me insist..a-theism comes from greek (yes i know greek)
a-has a privative meaning
theism comes from theos which is god
so if a-theos is non-god (believer), a-theism is his theory.
by the assumption of religion=deity theory, atheism becomes a non-religion, but u can't skip the first step.
in the arguable theory that religion does not necessarly include a god(e.g. buddha isn't technically a god, but buddhism is considered a religion),atheism can't be assumed so easily as non-religion

i hope i'm clear, my knowledge of the english language has a limit, that's why i generally avoid serious discussions

monkeystyle

Reaction score
let me insist..a-theism comes from greek (yes i know greek)
a-has a privative meaning
theism comes from theos which is god
so if a-theos is non-god (believer), a-theism is his theory.
by the assumption of religion=deity theory, atheism becomes a non-religion, but u can't skip the first step.
in the arguable theory that religion does not necessarly include a god(e.g. buddha isn't technically a god, but buddhism is considered a religion),atheism can't be assumed so easily as non-religion

i hope i'm clear, my knowledge of the english language has a limit, that's why i generally avoid serious discussions

No, you're 100% right, and I stand corrected. Damn you and your knowledge of foreing languages. :D

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You should start sending him old italian love sonnets via PM. No translations though.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
i have a feeling he'll ban me after the first. but yeah i'll think about that.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
I'm spiritual but not religious. I would like to believe that there is some omnipotent force or entity that keeps things in balance. I also believe in after life. Reincarnation is a cool thought. Rotting in the ground isn't.