What is the female version of a "bro"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
I don't think there is a female equivalent. However, if I had to make one up to say, I'd probably use "Bra". This is for 2 reasons.
1: Because females wear bras so it kinda makes sense
2: I believe with Spanish, if you're referring to a female, you use a word that ends with "a". I say "I believe" because I'm terrible with Spanish so this could be wrong.

But just like what Moon said, I just use "dude" for anything. I don't think of a guy when I say dude, nor do I think of a woman. I just think of an individual. It's more of an informal way to refer to somebody to me.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
For a female dog this is fine but used in a context to refer to a woman is insulting. I know a lot of rap/hip-hop music uses it but it is something I never cared for. I find it demeaning when a guy refers to a woman in passing or in general as a "bitch". If you want to call a woman that, she should be doing something to deserve the title not just for being a woman. Like I see when guys call other guys a bitch, they mean it in the sense of the guy acting like a pushover or a coward.

You likely meant this as a joke and I took it too seriously LOL

And here I am making this thread when I like to refer to guys as gals just to be silly. I don't know where my mind is today. Anxiety is fun! :yay: :okay: :cry:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Babe seems like something a guy would use to reference a lady or a lady to reference a guy. That is how I see it used anyways. I call my cat "hun" and "honey" though... lol

I think a few others made a fair point that the word is basically used like dude now. I prefer dude over bro by a long shot. Bro feels like a meme lol
I'll just crawl back under my rock now...
200.gif

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'd say no to babe.

I've never liked random guys calling me that, I feel like it's a term of endearment and I don't like that from random people. It also feels sort of odd word to use to refer to a friend, but that's just me.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'd say no to babe.

I've never liked random guys calling me that, I feel like it's a term of endearment and I don't like that from random people. It also feels sort of odd word to use to refer to a friend, but that's just me.
Yeah some random guy using it is odd to me. Even using "hun" to talk to a woman you don't know. I prefer "miss" when it comes to strangers if you want my attention. I'm weird with words.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
For a female dog this is fine but used in a context to refer to a woman is insulting. I know a lot of rap/hip-hop music uses it but it is something I never cared for. I find it demeaning when a guy refers to a woman in passing or in general as a "bitch". If you want to call a woman that, she should be doing something to deserve the title not just for being a woman. Like I see when guys call other guys a bitch, they mean it in the sense of the guy acting like a pushover or a coward.

You likely meant this as a joke and I took it too seriously LOL

And here I am making this thread when I like to refer to guys as gals just to be silly. I don't know where my mind is today. Anxiety is fun! :yay: :okay: :cry:
bcca0b652261e19702fe4dd02d0149f1--perfect-timing-moment.jpg

a732eac2de49a243dadfd5dd92e5015a--broken-window-hot-cars.jpg

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I get older people calling me "Hun" or "Sweetie".
And for some reason sometimes they (even some older ppl hv done this to me in church including my Pastor) I have had my cheeks pinched. I Always found that Annoying!!!!!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Technically the female version would be Sis, since like mentioned before Bro is short for Brother, or just like most languages, you change the gender of the word so Bro would become Bra.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I get older people calling me "Hun" or "Sweetie".
And for some reason sometimes they (even some older ppl hv done this to me in church including my Pastor) I have had my cheeks pinched. I Always found that Annoying!!!!!
I know that feeling exactly, and it makes me feel weird. Mainly because when I think of Hun and Sweetie I think of pet names when in a relationship.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Technically the female version would be Sis, since like mentioned before Bro is short for Brother, or just like most languages, you change the gender of the word so Bro would become Bra.
But bra is short for brassiere :adr: