What if...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
This question popped into my head earlier today, and with fears of how some of the fuckheads on here will react, put off making it til now. And I apologise in advance if this has already been made, and I've missed it.

Regardless, its an interesting topic, and Id love to hear some of your thoughts. What if Chris Benoit hadnt ever committed that tragedy?

Who would be WWECW Champion?
How would this affect WWECW ratings/shows?
What would be the situation for Punk and Nitro/Morrison?

Im sure there are other ways it could've affected other things in the WWE today, so elaborate...

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
This is a real tough "What if?". In all honesty, I don't think the ratings for WWECW would improve that much, as not too many die hard fans would watch WWECW for Benoit...

And Benoit would be Champ, without a doubt. If they gave the title to Nitro over Punk, then Punk would've jobbed to Benoit...

And Punk and Nitro MAY have feuded, but still unlikely...

phantomgerald

First off, WWECW wouldn't have been that much different. THe ratings wouldn't have skyrocketed just because of Benoit. The new champion would probably be Benoit, who would in my opinion, then drop to a now heel CM Punk, though Benoit would probably hold it for a few months before losing it to Punk. Thirdly, I don't think Nitro would have feuded with Punk this soon. They would have held it off for at least a while more

PeepShow

Ya, the ratings wouldnt have done much if Benoit would have won at Vengeance. I think he would have won, but like I said, it wouldnt have done much IMO. The current senario wouldnt have taken place untill Punk ended up beating Benoit for the title way down the line, but he, I guess we will never know for sure......

kinganarchy13

Reaction score
Benoit would be the ECW Champion, ratings would remain the same, and Nitro would still be Nitro.

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with almost everything that people have said here so far. However, I do think that the ratings would get better.

I never thought that ECW had the tallent to put on a good show, so I never really cared to watch it. But if Beniot had been the champ I would want to watch ECW more than I do now and I'm sure that other people would have been the same way.

samborambo

Reaction score
Benoit would have given the ECW title some credit,and feud with Punk and Morrison(Nitro). But with the rest of the show being what it is i don't think the ratings would really improve.

the dark knight

i think it was already discussed.

Who would be WWECW Champion?
benoit

How would this affect WWECW ratings/shows?
it did, look at the ratings now after benoit's death. like i said before, benoit killed the WWE. and dropping the death angle fucked up things real deep.

What would be the situation for Punk and Nitro/Morrison?
not sure but,

1)he may have taken the miz' shit with the divas ad build up.
2)may have fueded for the title along with cm punk.

either way, he was going to get the title soon.

straight_edge76

I have to say He and Punk would feud with one turning HEEL at Vengence and Nitro/Morrison would have taken Miz' angle in the Extreme Expose stuff.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I agree with everyone, the ratings wouldn't have changed, but I would have preferred Benoit as champ, But there would be no big Nitro push and this new gimmick probably.

chavoheat

Reaction score
Benoit would have been champion. His challengers would have been Nitro, Cor Von, and Burke.

Switchy

Reaction score
The ratings would definately not change because Benoit is a good wrestler but he is not entertaining. He would have won the title and my guess would be a feud witheither Nitro or Burke. I would say Nitro because he's a decent heel while Punk and burke could feud and help build eachother up to the title and/or main event.