What If WWE bring back WCW????

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hitman

Reaction score
This is just a question I know that I'm going to get some heat on this but I was just wondering if that happen just like they did ECW

Wordlife

bad and good idea at the same time... good idea for publicity, bad idea for fan base, not everyone liked WCW so idk bout that one.... imo, I'd be happy, cause I liked the Monday Night Wars between WCW and WWE, it was good and gave WWE (formerly known as WWF at the time) good ratings... to me, thatd be a good idea

Reaction score
And what would they do with it? The brand split was stupid in the first place, but to have FOUR brands? Thats outright insanity. It wouldn't do anything either. No one cares about a rehashed WCW that would be used as a second C show. There isn't any point to it IMO.

tasso10

Reaction score
As much as i loved WCW, it cant and shouldnt be brought back. Who they bring back? Luger? DDP? Norman Smiley? lol

Great back in the day however wouldnt work now.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
GOLDBERG!!!,Goldberg!!!, GOLDBerg!!!- wcw one night stand crowd.
anyways, NO. I don't think they should bring it back,its like why in the hell would they have to,when they've got a perfectly good new WCW in the form of tna.(<<just kidding.)

Great One

I could only see it happening if they were to buy out TNA and then they would invade SD and win a match vs. the SD WWE guys to change the brand name. Something stupid like that.

The A-man

Reaction score
WCW ain't coming back. Right now, there are three brands that Vince/whoever is busy with at the moment.

Besides, think about how much money that would cost to get sponsors, hire back (if any) of the WCW alumni, hire more talent, buy TV time, and balance evrything all at once?

Yeah, something like that may sound good on paper, but it just ain't that simple. WCW is long gone and so is its main fanbase that wants it back.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
WCW had nothing about it to make it unique compared to the WWE. That's why ECW was initially brought back because it was different. Not so much now, but that was the reasoning.

WCW was just a promotion that wasn't the WWE. There really isn't much to say about it beyond that.

Reinvented

Reaction score
ECW is WCW now everything that made ECW what It was is gone and all that's left is half decent matchs and a guy with a perm.....

monkeystyle

Reaction score
ECW is WCW now everything that made ECW what It was is gone and all that's left is half decent matchs and a guy with a perm.....

Totally off topic here, but I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you expected the "new" ECW to be anything like the old one, you probably should have your head examined.

Though to be fair to the new ECW it is the most entertaining mainstream wrestling on television right now.

awyckoff

Reaction score
Personally I would like to see maybe an angle where Shane-O decided to claim his part of the inheritance early...took over ECW and Smackdown...dropped the brands...brought back WCW (with current superstars and alumni)...and then started another WWE/WCW war. Just my opinion though.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I would rather WWE brought back WCW than ECW. I think there are a lot more old WCW guys who could be put there and still look good. I dont think WWE should have 4 brands and at the moment and I am happy with ECW. If it ain´t broken, dont fix it!