What if the Rock and Brock returned!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It would be alot of fun to see the Rock come back and put over The Miz. ^You're right about the mic duelling. That would be good tv, guaranteed.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Further to my previous post; If it was just for a one match deal tho'.... Bring on:

Rock vs HBK

&

Danielson vs Brock

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I'm still confused as to why there was never a Rock vs. HBK match sometime in history...

Axis

Reaction score
When could it have happened? Their timelines were pretty much perfectly opposite each other.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Indeed.... HBK had a mere handfull of matches in the fall of '97 before 'retiring' @ WM14 the following year and didn't return until Summerslam 2002 (the night that Rock dropped the Unified title to Brock and left the company for approx six months.).

The only time it could have happened is on the road to WM19, but HBK was thoroughly tied up with the build for him vs Jericho whilst Rock was set to do Austin's last match after his re-fueding with Hogan (then leaving a short while after Backlash 2003).

TBH though, as much as it'd have been cool, I'd have much rather have seen HBK vs Eddie G before it became an impossibility.

Ramon

Reaction score
Let's be honest....the WWE needs a jolt. I understand the whole youth movement thing, but it's time for Vince open up his pocket book. Let's just say Vince decides to add The Rock and Brock Lesnar back to the company for 1 year.

How would you book their returns? Who would they fued with? Would they put anyone over?

Do you think it would be worth it for the WWE to bring them in at this point in their careers?

hi
I am a big big lover of these two wrestlers especially rock.Rock is a good wrestler not a good actor in my view so he needs to make his way back in the ring.If "What the rock is cooking" and the Hard Brokelessner returns.I think that they are straighter way going for the title shot.The title might change hand.

ThomC

Reaction score
I'm still confused as to why there was never a Rock vs. HBK match sometime in history...

I've always heard that they don't like each other, could just be rumors. Something like HBK snubbed Rock when he was a kid trying to talk to him, and then when he started in WWE HBK treated him like shit. Which really doesn't sound like a rumor since during that time was when HBK was his mega dick self. Plus HBK only works with guys he wants to work with, if he wanted to work with the Rock it could have been done. HBK wouldn't work with guys he thought were below him, which Rock was when they were in the company together.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Or as already stated a few posts above.... The timeline of their runs is almost entirely opposed.

Rock active/HBK not and vice versa.

The only time when it could have happened is mid/late 97 and Rock was still in the IC division in those days.

....Then again you can always roll with unsubstantiated rumours instead.

Veritas

Reaction score
I've heard the rumors about HBK/Rock, too. Something along the lines of Vince wanting HBK to work some with Rock, even just house shows and such, because they had big plans for him and wanted him to work with the top guys to learn but HBK refused because Rock was, at the time, "below his level."

But enough of that, I saw something else interesting in this thread - HBK -vs- Eddie. Did anyone know that match was actually in the works before Eddie died? Everyone likes to talk like Eddie was supposed to regain the title the night he died but, according to an interview I listed to with the SmackDown writers at the time, that was never the case. According to Bauer and Greenfield, Eddie was supposed to complete his heel turn on Batista before the end of the year and, in January, start setting up his Mania match - with HBK. The basic outline they talked about was that Eddie was supposed to be jealous of HBK's fan support and such after he'd been such a huge prick. HBK was a drug addict and asshole backstage but, "found religion" and everyone forgave him for everything in the past while Eddie was also a former drug addict and problem maker backstage (for storyline purposes) but after he'd cleaned himself up nobody was supporting him like they did HBK and he wants revenge.

I typed up a more in-depth explanation of this feud a couple years ago when I first heard the tale, if I can find it on the old forum I'll repost it here.

It might sound like a weak story but with two of the greatest characters and workers in the business, you know damn well HBK and Eddie could've made this one of the biggest feuds and best matches of the year.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^^^YUP YUP YUP. If the rumours are true, WM22 would have been fucking epic!

Cena/HHH
Angle/Taker
Batista/Orton
Eddie/HBK
Vince/Bret

1chiban

Reaction score
We'll see The Rock on WWE TV again, definitely. Even if we have to wait for him to be inducted into the HOF!

Veritas

Reaction score
Sure, he'll definately come back for a Hall of Fame induction. But as far as getting in the ring again, no way. In his interviews and stuff he always acts like wrestling's beneath him. Even nowadays when he's accepting where he came from, he still acts like he's above actually stepping in the ring again.

estazor

Reaction score
As much as a I love Lesnar and Rock, they wouldn't add anything to today's product. It would be a great nostalgia but I don't see them staying for long.