What if SD moved to Saturday Morning???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

it will affect the PPV (which usually takes place on Sundays).

Great One

Why don't they just move it back to Thursdays... it was perfect and a perfect time for most people. Sigh...

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Smackdown gets aired at 3:30 on Friday here in Australia coincendentally that is the same time i finish School so it's great fit for me.

If it was aired on a Saturday morning i wouldn't be able to watch it due to the fact iam playing soccer in my rep side.

You can really tell that the WWE is aiming at the younger generation these days, that is another reason why i think WWE wouldn't air on Saturday mornings because kids are playing there respective sports in the mornings.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Smackdown is shown exclusive on friday nights and then it is replayed throughout the week over in england at different times on saturday mornings at 10am and that is when i normally watch it anyway.

Smackdown Fan

Reaction score
Smackdown is the most convinient in the UK that's why it's my favourate, as for SD! moving to satuady mornings don't make any difference to me I'll watch it whenever.

Rated G Semistar

Reaction score
I don't even bother to watch raw anymore, and SD's the only WWE show I watch except when I watch Furutama and check ECW every 10 minutes to see if CM Punk's on. I don't care when SD's on, as long as it's on, really.

Reaction score
If this happened, I may possibly never watch Smackdown again. Not because I wouldn't WANT to, but think about it: In Canada, ECW plays Friday at Midnight. It doesn't end until 1 am, therefore people watching ECW probably wouldn't get to sleep until at least 1:30 - 2am. Unless you're an ADHD attention-deprived 6 year old, there's no way you wouldn't wanna sleep in. People would miss Smackdown if they watched ECW the night before, and the ratings would plummet even further. This wouldn't be the wisest choice.

Also, I'm not as pumped to watch Wrestling in the morning. If I'm really tired, I'll tape ECW and watch it the next day. Not the next morning though, because wrestling just seems better in the evening.

Reaction score
SmackDown!is played at 8 PM and ends at 10pm over here

P.s it is taped right after ECWs Live event

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, get up early on a Saturday morning... Not gonna happen in this life time.

3lions

Reaction score
^^^ Same with me. I work on friday nights and then go straight out and don't get in until the early morning. I can't see me getting up early just to watch SD. I don't watch SD! anymore, not unless I stay in on a friday night (which rarely happens). The only way I would watch SD! (regularly) is if it was shown *live* on a tuesday/wednesday/thursday night. The same as what happens with Raw.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
If it's on a Saturday morning, they would have to cut a lot of things back. There's no blood and no big violence in morning shows I think.

Reaction score
^^ lol it doesn't matter what time of the day. RAW is on primetime TV when the viewers are at its' peak. Morning wouldn't matter. People just aren't up for seeing blood and violence when they first wake up.

Reaction score
I think if they moved it, or just replayed it. They would have enough people watching to keep in airing on Saturday mornings. I know I am never up to watch it. Even though now SmackDown is on a channel I can watch and Raw is not its different. But I think that the younger kids and families could watch it on Saturday morning. As its been said, blood and such may have to be cut back a little. Lol, cut, I digress. But that may not be something that would want to be seen on Saturday morning. But its just a what if at this point...

X-Pac

Reaction score
I wouldnt be able to wake up to watch a early SD on Saturday.

Famou$ 187

Haha,Who would set their clock jus to get up to watch SD?Lol.Thats funny.But no i wouldnt wake up early jus to watch wrestling.