WHAT IF - NXT Had a 6th Season?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Alright folks. Another day, another forum, another effort to put this thread on a new board. Truth be told I haven't updated this thread since February of this month, and I can't gurantee the quantity will improve, but I'd like to change that.

So here it is, NXT: Season 6. We're still in the game-show format, and rather then turning NXT into a brand, it's continued with a impressive roster of potential breakout stars. It's loosely based off of the first two season's format, and I mean LOOSELY based. I'll be recapping the events in this timeline in the next post.

1663560615813.png

The Set-Up

What if... Season 6 of NXT was a reality? This diary looks to answer that question in entertaining fashion. Featuring seven hopeful stars, they'll be put through their limits with the guidance of their pros throughout the next few weeks to see if they have what it takes to become WWE's NeXT Breakout Star! The prize? Not only will the winner be given an OFFICAL WWE Contract with any brand he chooses, but he'll be allowed a spot in 2013's Royal Rumble Match! This BTB begins the Tuesday after Night of Champions 2012. This season is loosely based off of Seasons 1 & 2.

Meet The Rookies & Their Pros!

Mentored by the current WWE Champion CM Punk and his manager Paul Heyman, Seth Rollins is a wild fire of a competitor from Davenport, Iowa. With a devil may care style, he excites fans with dives, intense strikes, and treats every match like it's a moshpit.

Possibly the most unique pairing this season, the newly established tag team champions Daniel Bryan and Kane are tasked to work through their issues by mentoring Leo Kruger, a truely disturbing participant who's background is a mystery other then the fact he's from South Africa.

NXT Season 3 winner Kaitlyn takes the role of a pro this season being in the corner of the funky Xavier Woods.

Bringing some international flair to this contest, current WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro and Aksana are the pros of Jinder Mahal, who is related to former World Heavyweight Champion, The Great Khali! Will Mahal be able to have the same success?

Cody Rhodes returns as a pro this season, hopefully happier to have someone of Damien Sandow's intellect as his rookie. These two egos clash well together!

The son of Mike Rotunda, Bo Rotunda, is coached by the exciting Kofi Kingston. While he doesn't have much in charisma, his wrestling ability is sure to shine through.

Finally, Lord Tensai offers over twenty years of in ring experience to the former imposter of Sin Cara, Hunico. Looking for redemption, Hunico'll have to start from square one to earn a contract.

Gambit

Reaction score
NXT the game show wasn’t my favorite, but I’m interested to see how you make this work. Especially the Team Hell No pairing.

Reactions: Weapon X

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Excited to see someone actually making game show NXT not a joke

Maybe after this we'll see a good women's season

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Episode One

ZC2pebj.gif

NXT's newest season would kick-off with noticeble changes, starting with our commentary team. Michael Cole, who had since shed his arrogant, egotistical, Miz-crazed heel persona, is paired with the legendary Dusty Rhodes on commentary. The duo actually works, despite Dusteh's listhp. They introduce us to a fresh season and are excited to be here, a far-cry from this season's past commentators. Matt Striker returns as our host in the opening segment, calling out each contestant. Each man has their own unique personality and relationship with their pro, but none is more eye-catching then the dynamic of CM Punk and Seth Rollins.

Punk makes a dramatic entrance, holding the WWE Championship in one hand and a microphone in the other, before blasting the whole show as nothing more then a joke, still bitter over his participation as Darren Young's rookie in season one. NXT is nothing to Punk other then "propaganda" and "a cheap plug" to introduce new, undeserving talent who didn't work to get here. He lays it out that he doesn't want to be here, but per a stipulation in his contract as WWE Champion, he's forced to be here. Here, he establishes his strong dislike for his rookie Seth Rollins, doubting his ablitity.

Striker keeps the ball rolling, and it's time for TALK THE TALK! Each superstar had 30 seconds to speak, giving the WWE Universe a chance too see their personality. Hunico refused to speak, Leo Kruger creepily warned his foes, and Xavier Woods' danced for 30 seconds. Seth Rollins, Jinder Mahal, Bo Rotunda, and Damien Sandow would impress, but Xavier's unique style would win him the popularity contest, earning him immunity from the elimination matches!

Later on in the night, the contestants would draw names out of a hat too determine tonight's elimination qualifier matches. Seth Rollins defeated Hunico on this night, and NXT would end with Damien Sandow defeating Bo Rotunda.

Episode Two

M56vs2Y.gif

Kofi Kingston would pick up right where he left off last week, pissed about Sandow's tactics. He confronted Matt Striker over the rookie, mentioning how he "crossed a line" for insulting Kofi, Bo, and Bo's family the previous week. While Striker admits he can't do anything about Damien's style of mockery, he gives Kofi a singles match with him later in the night.

The rookies kick-off this episode with an THE OBSTACLE COURSE! How fun! It goes pretty poorly for anyone not named Leo Kruger, who barely beats Seth's time of completing the course. One thing that's established in this episode is the dynamic of Team Hell No!'s relationship with Leo Kruger. Daniel Bryan's threats and Kane's loving support helped him in various ways. Kaitlyn mentions how Team Hell No! seem like a strange set of parents. Bryan dismisses this, but Kane's appreciative of it. Seth Rollins' during this course attempts to use the word "hate", but Kane reminds him it's not okay, and that "strongly dislike" is a better alternative.

Immunity is awarded, and Leo's given the opportunity to compete on Monday Night Raw the following week. Punk is once again a thorne in Rollins' side after a commercial break where Seth Rollins' confronts him in the back. Punk is not supporting him whatsoever, and insulting his ability entirely at every opportunity he's given. The two almost come to blows, but once Punk offers Rollins' a free shot, Seth backs down, walking away on his own path.

Jinder Mahal would be given a special match to test his grit, and Christian would return to NXT with a succesful win over Mahal. Antonio Cesaro and Aksana would look on in dissapointment of their rookie's failure. Later in the night, Cesaro would give a talking too Jinder. Cesaro wishes to completely revamp Jinder and make him a serious competitor, but Jinder blames the company's hatred towards him, a non-American, for his lackluster performence. Cesaro and Aksana understand his pain, but they find a common ground. Cesaro holds America's most prized possession, the United States Championship, and tells Jinder with his help, they can stand against America, keep their boot on top of it's flag, and showcase their United Dream! Jinder likes the sound of it and is motivated.

Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes (mustache not included) would have a gentlemen's agreement of the status of NXT and it's competitors. They use this as an opportunity to completely trash Kofi Kingston, and Sandow realizes that if he goes after the pros of this show, he can allow Cody Rhodes to enjoy better opportunities up on the main roster.

Bo Rotunda and Hunico would go toe to toe, only for Hunico to lose and be the first eliminated from this season. Post-match as Matt Striker interviewed Bo, Hunico and his pro Lord Tensai would assault the winner. It would be a one on two assault up until Dusty Rhodes would intervene, knocking out both Hunico and Tensai. Later in the night, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods would establish a friendship with Bo, checking on him and making a pact to stick together through this season.

In the main event, Damien Sandow would defeat Kofi by once again cheating thanks to the aid of Cody Rhodes. Dusty Rhodes once again would speak up, visibly upset with his son's actions. For the second in a row, Sandow would stand up on top.

Episode Three

1IGE0h6.gif

NXT's third episode would kick-off with a highlight off the night before, with Leo Kruger picking up a win over Curt Hawkins.

Episode three would host a set of elimination qualifier match aswell! Striker points out there will be no immunity this week, and that whoever loses their matches this week, will go on too a triple threat match, where whoever takes the pin-fall will be eliminated.

Antonio Cesaro's work would pay-off as Jinder defeats Kruger. Sandow would defeat Xavier Woods, leading too Dusty Rhodes finally blowing a gasket and trying to get at Damien for manipulating his son and cheating at every turn. Finally, Seth Rollins and Bo Rotunda would tear the house down with a fantastic match, ending once Seth Rollins' pulled off a Go To Sleep. His pro, CM Punk, would slide into the ring and BLAST Rollins' with his title, finding it disrespectful he used his manuever. Punk would show him how it's done with his own Go To Sleep, only to reveal that his prize next week, is a six on six match, where it's PROS vs. ROOKIES!

NXT UPDATE

Following the third episode, WWE would release an offical statement, siting that Dusty Rhodes has been suspended from NXT, and that a replacement would be announced the following week.

Stay tuned for Episode 4, the first episode of the Smark Era!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Stojy

Reaction score
A lot of fun stuff in here that's definitely skimmed over in this recap. Really happy this has made the jump though because this was A LOT of fun to read originally. Pumped to hopefully see some new content from you. Good luck!

• Love

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
We don’t open with a shot of the crowd this week. There’s no pyro, no grand entrance, nothing. We open up with slow graphics of the NXT logo scrolling from left to right as a narration plays over the footage, with an orchestra of battle music playing in the background.

What does it mean to you… to be N…X…T?”

We fade from black to a clip of Bo Rotunda sitting in a chair, looking determined as ever.

BO ROTUNDA: To be NXT, means to represent everything my family has worked for. For decades, my family has strived to be the absolute best at what they do, and everytime I go out into that ring, I only pray that I’m doing their livelihood justice. I pray that I’m living up to the standards set for me.

From Bo, we fade to the exciting Xavier Woods.

XAVIER WOODS: To be NXT for me… man that… that just would make me happy. Happy to have traveled those long roads… happy to have wrestled all of those independent shows… happy, to know it all was worth it at the end of the day. I’m hoping to stay in this competition so I can know all of that hard work was worth it.

Finally, we go to Leo Kruger, who has his chair torn to shreds, as he sits on the floor with his legs crossed, picking at a piece of wood from his seat.

LEO KRUGER: To be NXT… is to make sure my prey… my play ‘tings… still know that I’m hunting them down. It will remind my pretty playmates that I'm not a monster... but that I'm a ruthless beast... mmm... I still have so much to do here… I can not afford to lose to lesser creatures…

Tonight, someone will go home.”

We cut to previous footage of Xavier Woods with a bloody nose thanks to Damien Sandow.

A career will be shortened.”

A replay of Jinder Mahal hitting his finisher on Leo Kruger plays, with the impact of the move being shown two more times.

A dynasty may be stopped.”

Finally, a clip of Seth Rollins hitting the “Go To Sleep” on Bo Rotunda is shown. The feed fades to black. A clip of CM Punk running into the ring, now with a red tint over the footage, scores the Go To Sleep on Rollins!

CM PUNK: THIS IS HOW IT’S DONE!

A quick transition of Kofi Kingston getting rolled up by Damien Sandow plays, with Sandow rolling out of the ring with the aid of Cody Rhodes.

DAMIEN SANDOW: COWER BEFORE YOUR SUPERIOR!

Suddenly, we cut to another clip, this time of Kofi leaping off of the barricade and onto Sandow with a BOOM DROP! The quick action is hard to keep track of, until Jinder Mahal is seen side by side with Antonio Cesaro.

JINDER MAHAL: This is going to be easy!

Footage of Jinder losing to Christian, then footage of him beating Leo Kruger. It fades into Kane being able to take down the goliath that is Lord Tensai back on the second episode of NXT. With all of these pieces in play, we cut to CM Punk, holding the title over Seth Rollins’ lifeless body.

Tonight, a shot at superstardom for one of three men is on the line... to find out who is... N...X...T!”

Episode 4
October 9th, 2012
W4f4Gxg.gif

This is more like it. Pyro, the big titantron showing the letters “NXT”, and a crowd EXCITED about tonight! We see the fans screaming their heads off, before fading over to Michael Cole, who sits alone this week.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome everybody to NXT! I’m Michael Cole as always. Don’t let the quantity of tonight’s action fool you, as the quality will make up for it with TWO big time matches! Leo Kruger, Xavier Woods, and Bo Rotunda all fight to keep their dream alive tonight. The loser of this match, the man who is pinned, will be packing up their bags. Meanwhile, in a six man tag team match, Seth Rollins, Damien Sandow, and Jinder Mahal take on three randomly WWE Pros in our main event! The action is going to be intense, and you can feel the electricity here tonight! Let’s go in the ring now with Matt Striker!

The camera swings over to Matt Striker who readjusts his ear piece, having a neutral expression compared to his usual smiling self.

MATT STRIKER: Thank you as always for the introduction Cole. Now, as much as it pains me to kick off tonight’s show with the past, it’s appropriate we address what happened last week.

A round of small boos fill the arena as Matt paces around the ring slowly, rubbing his nose with his thumb to kill time before he speaks again.

MATT STRIKER: Oh believe me, it sucks. It hurt me to just suspend a legend like Dusty Rhodes last week… probably more than it hurt him to be removed!

More boos go ‘round and ‘round, but Striker shrugs.

MATT STRIKER: Regardless of my personal feelings, I did what I felt was needed to secure the safety of this crop of rookies, so by removing Dusty, I removed any chance of a superstar putting their hands on a rookie.

The crowd over the past few weeks have turned sour on Striker, and it’s evident now as a WE WANT DUSTY” chant breaks out. Striker waves his hand around, shaking his head.

MATT STRIKER: Anyways! Back to what I’m out here to say! Ladies and Gentlemen… allow me to introduce your NEW play-by-play commentator…

The crowd feel rushed, still wanting to be heard, but give in to look at the titantron.

MATT STRIKER: This man is a former WWE Champion… a WWE Tag Team Champion… and some say…

***LONGHORN***

MATT STRIKER:
A WRESTLING GOD!

THE HEAT in this arena is unbearable! John Bradshaw Layfield walks out from the back in his suit, wearing a smug, ungenuine grin, as he tips his ten gallon cowboy hat to the WWE Universe.

MICHAEL COLE: Oh no…

The camera cuts to Michael Cole who’s visibly distraught by this. Striker in the ring applauds JBL, who finds his way into the ring, holding his big hat as he waves to the crowd that continue to boo him. The music dies down as Striker shakes his hand and hands him the microphone.

JBL: Talk about a tough crowd! Mr. Striker, thank you for that wonderful introduction. It’s about time someone gave you people unbiased, clean, and family friendly commentary that you can all enjoy!

It’s like a haunted mansion with all the BOOing going around! JBL ignores it, continuing to smile. He slides his fist into his pocket and looks down at the mat below his feet.

JBL: Y’know, when I got the phone call to be a commentator…

The crowd is not having it whatsoever. No one paid a ticket to see JBL, and through JBL’s speech, they continued to grow restless.

JBL: …I wasn’t sure if I had the heart to do it. I’ve done it all in this business, you all know that. You’ve seen me in one of the most successful tag teams in the history of the Dubya-Dubya-E in the form of the A.P.A…

A small, whimsical pop (mostly for Ron Simmons) echoes as John lifts his head up.

JBL: You’ve seen me, as the greatest WWE Champion in SmackDown history…

The small pop was long gone now, and JBL shrugs.

JBL: And, of course, you’ve seen me as a commentator. I’m a man of many hats, and who better to guide the next generation of this great sport, then a wrestlin’...... gawd? Take a good look at your new NXT play-by-play, because I’ll be here for the long haul! A FAIR gawd, to boot. You won’t see any kind of favoritism outta’ me… champion’s honor!

The smug look on JBL’s face is sickening to the fans, but suddenly, the fan's mood would improve as SETH ROLLINS would walk out from the back! JBL thinks the crowd is cheering for him, but as he turns his back, he realizes what’s happening. Matt Striker looks annoyed at this, lifting the mic up to his mouth, but JBL stops him with his hand, shaking his head at him. Rollins scoffs at the display and enters the ring, having a microphone of his own in his hand.

SETH ROLLINS: Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse around here… this happens.

Seth flicks the tip of his tongue in his mouth, trying to get that bad taste out of his mouth to make sense of this situation.

SETH ROLLINS: When I was told about the opportunity to compete on NXT… I was promised professionals… people that were willing to help grow the next generation of superstars for the WWE. But when you take the last few weeks into account, and add JBL as the rotten, poisoned cherry on top of this crap sundae cone… it’s all becoming clear to me that we’ve been lied to. I've been lied too, the other rookies have been lied too... but worst of all, the WWE Universe has been lied too.

JBL is quick to retort, shoving his finger so close to the face of Rollins that he’s practically poking his nose.

JBL: Who the hell do you think you are, ‘ya little snot nosed punk? Can’t ‘ya see the adults are talkin’?

Seth smiled, twirling the microphone in his hand as he awaits his turn to speak.

SETH ROLLINS: Wow, first day in, and you don't even know my name. My name is Seth Rollins, and you're going to remember who I am.

JBL: That’s cute, real cute kid. I’ve been in this company since nineteen ninety one. I was winnin’ championships while you were still poppin’ zits, so what the hell do you think gives you the RIGHT to interrupt us? The right to interrupt me?

Matt Striker gulps, seemingly not a fan of one of his rookies interrupting a legend of this business. He tries to cut in, but Seth Rollins interrupts him. Matt sighs.

SETH ROLLINS: It's simple, I felt like it, because it doesn’t FEEL right to be giving you a podium for being a replacement to a REAL legend.

A small pop for the now suspended Dusty Rhodes.

SETH ROLLINS: Since I stepped foot here in NXT, I’ve had the cards stacked against me. Everyone here has, and I’m sick of it. The game we’re playing has had it’s rules changed without any of us knowing, and this is proof of it right here. I don’t respect you, JBL.

Seth turns his head to Matt, and points at him.

SETH ROLLINS: Just like I don’t respect you, Striker.

Matt is quick to lift up his own microphone.

MATT STRIKER: I’m here to host this show, not have your respect. For your information, this decision to have JBL join us is for your protection.

Seth laughs in disbelief.

SETH ROLLINS: Wow, consider me protected! It really gives me comfort knowing I've got another snake to worry about! You know what you’ve done here is wrong Matt, you know you’ve been making bad calls since this season started, and I'm done with it. From now on, Seth Rollins is going to be calling out injustices like this! These people here are sick of your crap, and someone has to stand up for it. I plan on winning this competition despite the trials and tribulations on this ship led by an incompetent captain.

The crowd pop, with most of them being on Seth’s side, while the silent few are in favor of other competitors. Seth turns his head to JBL, who’s steaming mad at this point.

SETH ROLLINS: I don’t care if you’re trying to trash my name on commentary, Bradshaw. I don’t care if CM Punk is trying to go after my head… I only care about coming out of this thing as the winner, and NOTHING is going to stop me.

JBL lifts up his microphone to speak, but Seth drops his, rolling out of the ring with an indifferent expression, keeping his back turned to JBL as he walks up the ramp.

JBL: HEY! Get back here ‘ya little prick! NOW! I command it!

The camera cuts, as Seth keeps walking.

JBL: I am a WRESTLING GAWD! You don’t turn your back to a GAWD! Tell ‘em Matt! Tell ‘em!

The camera fades out, with the last thing being seen before the commercial break is JBL taking his hat off and cursing off-mic.

NoBGb4D.png

NXT returns backstage, where we see a very game Bo Rotunda, pacing around in a hallway.

KOFI KINGSTON: Hey, Bo, lemme talk to you for a second.

Bo looks up from the ground to his pro with a determined look. Kofi shares the same expression.

KOFI KINGSTON: How’re you feelin’ about tonight?

BO ROTUNDA: Like a freight train about to run off the tracks.

KOFI KINGSTON: Is that an emotion people have?

BO ROTUNDA: Yea… I think. I’m ready to go, that’s what I mean.

Kofi nods, examining Bo. He looks nervous, and the slight look of anguish on his face shows he’s been feeling like this all day.

KOFI KINGSTON: Well… I wanted to say, hopefully to get some weight off your shoulders, I’m sorry.

BO ROTUNDA: What? Why?

Bo roughly adjusts his head to look at Kofi, seeming concerned. Kofi shrugs at him.

KOFI KINGSTON: I’ve put you through a lot. Hunico and Tensai, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow… you’ve been through the ringer. Instead of helping you, I got so focused on Sandow that I ended up making you look like a guy who couldn't fight his only battles. What he said ticked me off, I didn’t want him to get away with it, but in the end, I lost. I lost a match, but more importantly, I lost your respect. You’re young, but I got involved in an issue YOU needed to deal with, not me.

There’s a pause, and Bo would stop pacing.

KOFI KINGSTON: I got selfish, and for that, I apologize. It’s the one thing I didn’t want to happen.

Bo would look down at his own feet, taking all of this in, before looking up at Kofi with a small smirk.

BO ROTUNDA: Well, despite that, you did put the boots to Damien Sandow. Better then I would have, and he’s still hurtin’ from it.

Kofi couldn’t help but chuckle a bit.

BO ROTUNDA: I forgive you, and to prove it, I’m gonna go out there tonight and show Xavier Woods and Leo Kruger that I’m here to stay.

KOFI KINGSTON: Good.

Both men high-five one another, and Bo looks to head off in the opposite direction, only for Xavier Woods to stop him. He looks somewhat irritated at himself, seeing as how he's ended up in an elimination match with his friend Bo, but Kofi pipes up.

KOFI KINGSTON: That apology goes to you too, Woods. If anything, I’m the reason you’re in the situation you’re in tonight.

Xavier Woods shakes his fluffy haired head.

XAVIER WOODS: It’s all good Kofi, this season’s been hell on all of us. If you didn’t push so hard on Sandow and Rhodes, we might not even be here right now.

KOFI KINGSTON: But “here” isn’t what I wanted for you guys.

BO ROTUNDA: Well… “here” is where we are. I don’t know ‘bout you Xavier…

Bo looks at Xavier with a challenging look.

BO ROTUNDA: But regardless of the crap that’s been happenin’ ‘round here, I’m gonna give you and Kruger the fight of your lives. That's what my version of NXT looks like.

Xavier smirks.

XAVIER WOODS: In that case, I’m gonna be stayin’ alive by the end of the night.

There’s a small rumble of approval from the audience watching this, as the two young competitors share an enormous amount of mutual respect for one another. Kofi smiles brightly, as this sportsmanship has been a fresh change from the rest of this season.

KOFI KINGSTON: That’s what I like to see boys. Go out there and give it your all, alright?

Both men nod to Kofi, and he walks away in better spirits.

NoBGb4D.png
DANIEL BRYAN: NO!

Near the catering area, we see a livid Daniel Bryan looking at someone off screen, while Kane stands next to him with his arms crossed, looking distraught.

DANIEL BRYAN: HOW DARE YOU, how DARE you show your face after last week?!

LEO KRUGER: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Bryan stares at him with the kind of stare that could scare Chuck Norris into retirement.

DANIEL BRYAN: Week in and week out, I have tried to shape you into a phenomenal wrestler. Week in, and week out, you disappoint me.

Leo scoffs.

LEO KRUGER: Whatever.

The crowd “ooo”, as Kruger turns his head, paying more attention to his hair rather then his pros.

DANIEL BRYAN: Excuse me?

KANE: Relax Daniel, he’s going through his rebellious stage.

Daniel shoots a look at Kane, not too pleased to hear his tag team partner’s reply.

DANIEL BRYAN: Rebellious?

He looks over to Leo, and in an instant, reels his hand-back, AND SMACKS KRUGER IN THE FACE AS HARD AS HE CAN, KNOCKING KRUGER OFF OF THE TABLE! Daniel bends down to pick up Kruger by the hair and force him to his knees.

DANIEL BRYAN: I’M NOT DEALING WITH A TEENAGER, I’M DEALING WITH AN ADULT WHO CAN’T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!

KANE: Hey-

Daniel points a mighty finger at Kane.

DANIEL BRYAN: NO! Enough! Enough of you butting in! I’m sick and tired of dealing with this lunatic’s crap! You’re the reason we get NOTHING done!

Kane’s nostrils flare, but he takes a step back, accepting that what Daniel is doing is the right thing. Meanwhile, Leo Kruger looks like he’s on the verge of tears, trying to escape Bryan’s grasp.

DANIEL BRYAN: I gave you a chance, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in hoping that you could be a threat in this competition, but look at you. Losing when it counts! Now you want to disrespect ME?! That’s not going to fly! You didn’t deserve to be on RAW, you didn’t deserve to be our protege, and you don’t deserve to be in this business!

Bryan lets go of Kruger, but shoves him back to the ground with a kick to the chest. He takes a step forward and puts his foot on the shoulder of Kruger, with Kane silently watching.

DANIEL BRYAN: Tonight, you’re going to go out there and win. You’re going to dismantle Woods and Rotunda like your life depends on it, because it DOES! You're going to go out there and redeem yourself by destroying everyone in your WAY! I will personally break your ARM if you get eliminated tonight! You got that?!

LEO KRUGER: Y-yes!

Daniel keeps his foot on Kruger’s arm for a moment, and once he’s satisfied, lets go. He turns his back on him and walks past Kane. Kane stands there for a moment, looking down at his rookie, before following Daniel off-camera. The camera zooms in on Kruger, who slowly gets to a knee, watching as his pros leave him behind with a bitter look on his face, before NXT abruptly heads to another commercial.

NoBGb4D.png

NXT returns to ringside, where we see Xavier Woods, Leo Kruger, and Bo Rotunda all in the ring.

JBL: Here we are Maggle! I’m PUMPED to be announcing my first match in years! I’d say to excuse any rust I might have, but let’s be honest, I’m a natural at anything I do!

MICHAEL COLE: You never change, do you?

JBL: Change is for quitters and the economically poor! Pretty soon, we’re about too see which one of these can’t make the cut in triple threat action!

MICHAEL COLE: This is gonna be a long night…

slP2If3.png
-VS-
bVyMCna.png
-VS-
9SP9Kxk.png

TRIPLE THREAT: WHOEVER TAKES THE FALL WILL BE ELIMINATED!
Leo Kruger vs. Bo Rotunda vs. Xavier Woods

As the bell sounds, each man looks focused. Bo and Xavier look to go at one another, but instead shake hands. The crowd applauded this greatly!

JBL: Hello? You two are fighting each other, not showing each other respect!

MICHAEL COLE: We’ve seen Xavier and Bo show sportsmanship to one another in recent weeks, it doesn’t surprise me whatsoever to see them show what could be their final sign of respect to one another.

Leo Kruger sneers, and runs at them, blasting Xavier in the side of the jaw with an elbow strike!

JBL: THERE ‘YA GO! That’s what I like to see! I got my money on this Kruger kid!

Daniel Bryan nods on the outside with his arms crossed, as Kruger has a goal tonight. Bo doesn’t appreciate the interruption and hits Kruger with a few jabs. Kruger shakes them off and hits Bo with a stiff elbow, then a knee to the gut, before slamming the point of his elbow into the back of his opponent’s head. Xavier turns Kruger around and hits some snappy uppercuts to back him into Bo, who clutches Kruger for a backdrop. Kruger tries to stay on his feet, but a DROPKICK FROM WOODS AIDS BO INTO HITTING A BACKDROP SUPLEX ONTO KRUGER~!

MICHAEL COLE: Despite your thoughts, the teamwork of Woods and Rotunda is paying off!

JBL: I’ll give ‘em that, but they can’t be friends for this whole match!

Kruger holds his head in pain, but he isn’t given a moment to think as Woods lies on his body with a pin!

1!

Kruger easily kicks out, but Bo has a running start to drop a body splash on Kruger before hooking his leg for a pin attempt!

1!

Kruger AGAIN kicks out! Both Woods and Rotunda aren’t surprised and get Kruger to his feet, grabbing an arm each and tossing him off the ropes for an irish whip. They go for a double punch but Kruger ducks it, running back at them with a running dropkick! There’s a boot for each man that takes them down and causes them to roll out of the ring. BUT BEFORE THEY CAN RECOVER, KRUGER RUNS AT THEM WITH A SUICIDE DIVE THAT TAKES BOTH MEN DOWN!

MICHAEL COLE: Big risk by Kruger, but it pays off!

Leo stands himself up and continues on the offense by mounting Bo Rotunda, clobbering him with various punches and forearms. Before he can do any serious damage, Xavier slowly gets up and kicks Leo in the back, grabbing him by the head and shoulder and tossing him into the ring. He follows in, but Kruger replies to him with a knee to the gut, before hitting a double axe handle to the back of Xavier. The crowd, although they’ve been on his side for weeks, seem to not be in favor of Kruger’s tactics. He uppercuts Xavier into the corner, and from there begins to put the boots to him.

JBL: This right here is an honest, brutal strategy performed by Leo Kruger. He may be a few screws loose in the head, but Daniel Bryan’s intimidation tactics have scared him into fightin’ the good fight.

MICHAEL COLE: We’ve known for weeks that Daniel Bryan has been hammering it into Kruger’s head that he needs to focus, but threatening to break his arm? That seems extreme to me.

JBL: Extreme or not, it’s what he’s gotta do to make sure his rookie wins this competition.

Xavier blocks one of the upper cuts and chops Kruger in the chest, getting him in position in the middle before leaping up for a dropkick! Kruger is put down. He aims to get up, but Bo Rotunda runs into the ring and leaps up for A BIG STINGER SPLASH TO KRUGER! He grabs him and puts him into the mat with a big suplex! Kruger holds the small of his back in pain as he rolls over to lay on the apron for a breather. Xavier Woods and Bo Rotunda look at one another before nodding, following it up by running the ropes and drop kicking Kruger to the outside with a sick thud!

JBL: There they go AGAIN with the team work!

MICHAEL COLE: Look again JBL, you’re about to get what you’ve been waiting for!

As Kruger is out of the picture, both Bo and Xavier look at one another, and the crowd are all for it. They waste little time as Bo goes for a punch, but Xavier ducks it and hits a smooth side punch to the gut of Rotunda. He kicks Bo in the gut and sends him running with an irish whip. As Bo comes off the ropes, he leaps up and hits a leaping clothesline! Both men are up and Bo puts Xavier down with a neckbreaker! He stands up and shouts for the crowd, and they eat it up like candy.

JBL: I’ll tell you what Cole, The Rotunda family have put a lot of pressure on Bo. He’s representing their legacy on national television, and despite the challenge, Bo has survived to this point.

MICHAEL COLE: You’ve got that right, and with offense like that, you see why he’s made it to this point.

Bo Rotunda is on fire, but as Leo Kruger is in the ring he looks to put him out! He swings wildly for a punch but Bo ducks it and goes for a back suplex! Leo flips out of it on his feet and snaps a big boot into Bo’s face that forces him back. Bo’s only on one knee now, but he kicks Kruger in the gut. He tries to stay on his toes by turning around, but Xavier Woods runs at him! TORNADO DDT FROM XAVIER WOODS TO BO ROTUNDA, WHILE KICKING LEO KRUGER IN THE FACE AT THE SAME TIME! It’s about time for Xavier to get back into this thing. Bo is down and out, but Xavier has his attention on Leo, who suddenly lifts him up on his shoulder for a flapjack! He stands up, taking the hair tie in his hair and ripping it out, alongside some hairs! He runs the ropes, and UNLEASHES a mighty clothesline that makes Xavier flip over and onto his gut!

JBL: WOO-WEE! Forget ‘bout what I said about Kruger, that kid’s got a HELL of a lariat on him!

Kruger quickly pins Xavier, hoping for the win!

1!

2!!

THE PIN’S BROKEN UP BY BO!

Bo, who’s still reeling from the DDT, gets up, but so does Kruger. He faces Bo, shouting at him without saying anything in particular at him, before pushing him face first with the palm of his hand. Bo replies with a straight shot to the jaw, causing Kruger to become unbalanced. Xavier is behind him, and as Leo turns around, he eats a jab! A punch! Another jab! He’s being thrown around like a ragdoll by these two! Finally, both Bo and Xavier reel up a punch! BUT KRUGER DUCKS, CAUSING BOTH BO AND XAVIER TO PUNCH EACH OTHER!

JBL: BOOM! That’s a wombo-combo that’ll take some teeth out!

MICHAEL COLE: This fast paced action has taken a halt! Look at Kruger now!

Leo Kruger is quick to take both men by the heads and make them headbutt one another! Bo reels back into a sitting position in the corner, while Xavier’s down on both knees, trying to get back into this. Kruger reels back a kick and KICKS Xavier in the chest! He hits him again, and the fans notice something. Daniel Bryan realizes it, nodding aggressively.

DANIEL BRYAN (Off-Mic): DO IT! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HIM!

The “YES”, or “NO”, kicks! He hits it again and again, grunting like a wild mutt as he lights up the chest of Xavier. He reels back, looking for the head kick! IT CONNECTS! Leo smiles and looks to Bryan for approval, but Bryan is PISSED. Leo doesn’t understand why, but Bryan points behind him. Before he can look, Bo Rotunda grabs a hold of Leo’s back and turns him around, he hits a kick to the gut and looks for a Double Hook DDT! But Kruger pushes him back! Kruger kicks him in the gut and looks for Xavier, and finds him coming off from a front flip as he hits THE HONOR ROLL! The clothesline brings Kruger down! Meanwhile, Bo looks up and sees Xavier. He kicks him in the gut and looks for the same DDT, BUT XAVIER REVERSES IT AND HOLDS ONTO THE ARM! LOST IN THE WOODS!

MICHAEL COLE: LOST IN THE WOODS! XAVIER IS LOOKING TO END IT!

BUT BO BLOCKS IT! BO BRUSHES OFF THE ATTEMPT AND PUSHES XAVIER! Xavier is wobbly and turns around, RUNNING SINGLE LEG INTO THE FACE OF WOODS! Leo and Bo are the only two standing! Leo shouts in a rage, he runs at Bo, BUT BO HITS THE DOUBLE ARM DDT! Bo is about to pin Leo, BUT KANE PULLS KRUGER OUT FROM UNDER THE BOTTOM ROPE!

JBL: What the hell’s that big red OAF doing?!

Daniel Bryan is FURIOUS at this and shoves Kane back, but Kane shoves him back as the two begin to yell at each other!

MICHAEL COLE: We heard how Daniel Bryan wants Kruger to win this one, but Kane clearly doesn’t want to see his rookie have a broken arm!

Kruger is laid out next to Team Hell No!, while in the ring, Bo turns around to see Xavier. Xavier slowly stands up, holding his fists up for a fight. Bo is quick to kick Xavier in the gut and hold him for the Double Arm DDT! He halts for a second, looking over to Kofi with a remorseful look…

DOUBLE ARM DDT TO XAVIER! Bo has thrown out their friendship for a chance at survival! Cover!

1!

2!!

3!!!

Winner: Bo Rotunda

Bo sits up from the pin and stands up, slowly getting to his feet. Kofi Kingston enters the ring with an approving clap, as Kaitlyn enters the ring, checking on the condition of Woods after suffering two devastating finishers.

JBL: What a hell of a contest! These men fought tooth ‘n’ nail just to keep their place here, and in the end, Bo Rotunda and Leo Kruger are still in the runnin’.

MICHAEL COLE: It’s a shame too see such a talented athlete like Xavier Woods end up on his back tonight though.

JBL: Ha! As if! Xavier is gonna be better off on Dancin’ With The Stars rather than the WWE!

Meanwhile, Kane pulls Kruger up too his feet and carries him over his shoulder, while Daniel Bryan follows behind, royally pissed off. He carries both Tag Titles, and Team Hell No! Continues to argue up the ramp way. In the ring, Bo Rotunda and Kofi help up Xavier, and Kaitlyn allows it. After a moment, Xavier stands on his own, and he offers Bo a handshake. Bo nods, shaking his hand and giving him a hug. The fans pop for this sign of respect, and Bo gives Xavier words of encouragement, before we fade back to the commentary table.

MICHAEL COLE: There you have it folks, Leo Kruger and Bo Rotunda survive. While Daniel Bryan has choice words for his rookie, Bo Rotunda must be all smiles knowing he picked up the win, regardless of the fact it was over his friend.

JBL: Friends aren’t gonna get you far, Cole. Bo’s gotta keep on pushing through and doin’ whatever it takes to win.

MICHAEL COLE: Despite your opinion on the matter, the fact remains that Bo has some credit now. But fans, stay tuned, as we have a MAJOR match coming you way! Jinder Mahal, Damien Sandow, and Seth Rollins are going to be in action!

JBL: More like they’re in for a massacre, Maggle! Jinder and Sandow? They’re fine, but that Seth Rollins kid is ‘bout to get his brains scrambled by three of WWE’s BEST!

MICHAEL COLE: Up next folks, it's pros versus rookies!

NoBGb4D.png

The cameras fade back into an office room, where Matt Striker is seen typing away on a keyboard. Suddenly, a knock comes from the door.

MATT STRIKER: Not now, I'm busy.

Another knock.

MATT STRIKER: I said... I'm busy.

Third times the charm, except this time, the door slams open. Striker looks over and stands up about to point and shout, but freezes. The camera pans over too CM Punk with the WWE Title over his shoulder, while Paul Heyman stands next too him with a sinister look.

PAUL HEYMAN:
We're not on your schedule, Mr. Striker. You're on ours. Be grateful the WWE Champion even knocked on your door.

Punk nods in agreement.

CM PUNK: Hell, be grateful I'm still on this show. Not only is it unfair I'm obligated to be here, but now I have to be subjected to disrespect by a child.

Matt sighs, rubbing his forehead out of frustration.

MATT STRIKER: Look, I'm still dealing with a lot of backlash from the board, from the fans, and the rookies. Do you have something you need? Or can I get back to work on planning the rest of this show?

Punk looks to Heyman, then to Striker.

CM PUNK: I want off this show. I'm dead serious. I expected my rookie, my subordinate, Seth Rollins, to fail. Don't get me wrong, he's a useless son of a bitch... but he's making results... results that are taking up my time as WWE Champion.

Matt Striker chuckles a bit thinking about what happened earlier during the opening of the show.

MATT STRIKER: We went over this, I can't kick you off of the show unless I have a valid reason too.

Punk raises his eyebrows.

CM PUNK: Oh, I can give you a reason.

Striker is quick to reply.

MATT STRIKER: Yeah? Lord Tensai and Hunico are still paying multiple hefty fines for attacking Bo Rotunda. I'm sure you don't want to stoop to doing something that reckless.

Punk's nostrils flare as he stares at Striker, unamused.

PAUL HEYMAN: Surely there's got to be something you can do. Seth Rollins' has disrespected you, JBL, CM Punk, myself, and his fellow rookies. There must be some kind of law and order here in NXT.

There's a short pause as Matt Striker thinks. Punk readjusts the title for Striker too see it. Matt nods, eager to share his plan.

MATT STRIKER: You know what? Fine. I'm tired of you complaining, and Seth needs to be punished. I'm going to give you an opportunity. If your team wins tonight in the six man tag team match... you'll be free to leave NXT.

CM PUNK: Consider it done. Pleasure doing business with y-

MATT STRIKER: I'm not finished. If... for whatever reason, you lose? You're stuck here as long as Seth Rollins is here, and there will be no complaining whatsoever. Deal?

CM Punk looks at Matt with a raised eyebrow.

CM PUNK: Like I said... consider it done.

NoBGb4D.png

We return to ringside, where we see Jinder Mahal, Damien Sandow, and Seth Rollins standing in the ring. Rollins is on the apron, keeping his distance from Sandow and Mahal.

MICHAEL COLE: Here we are folks, main event time! It's time to put these three to the test!

JBL: Already there's a serious dent! How can these three possibly work together if they aren't on the same page?

***CULT OF PERSONALITY***

Cult of Personality hits and the crowd are booing relentless as the WWE Champion, CM Punk, is flanked by the United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro, and one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Daniel Bryan. The only manager with the three of them is Paul Heyman, who shakes hands with all three men.

JBL: You've got three tenured, intelligent minds for this business walking down that ramp, and all three of them are being directed by an innovative mind like Paul Heyman. Talk about a dream team!

MICHAEL COLE: This certainly isn't going to be any easy task for Rollins, Mahal, or Sandow.

Punk and company make their way to the ring and enter. While Bryan and Cesaro are in the ring. Punk jokingly copies Seth Rollins, standing on the apron with a cheeky grin, before yelling out “how's it feel? Annoying, right?!”

MICHAEL COLE: For fans just catching up, this feud between pro and rookie, CM Punk and Seth Rollins, has gotten serious. Punk didn't appreciate Rollins' using his finishing maneuver last week, prodding him to go out and jump Rollins' after his match with Bo Rotunda!

JBL: Rollins' got what he deserved! You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns!

Rollins' seems more preoccupied with the fact that Mahal and Sandow take their places on the apron. Rollins' sees Sandow look away up to the ceiling of the arena, while Mahal reties his boot laces. Rollins' groans audibly as he enters the ring, psyching himself up with a few slaps to his one face. Across from him, Punk, Cesaro, and Bryan each talk among themselves. An sly plan is clearly formed as both Punk and Bryan go to the apron, leaving it down to Cesaro and Rollins.

nWj1PLK.png
llxB3XL.png
FLgphC6.png

-VS-
2og4RDD.png
8wjm518.png
ehRE6Fe.png

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Daniel Bryan, CM Punk & Antonio Cesaro VS. Jinder Mahal, Damien Sandow, & Seth Rollins

Rollins and Cesaro pace around the ring before tying up. The more season Cesaro goes behind and lifts up Rollins, but Rollins' stomps his feet down and reverses it into a nice wrist lock. The two exchange a few holds, only to end the exchange once Rollins' is tossed with a body slam. Rollins' recovers too his feet and Cesaro goes for a shoot takedown, only for Rollins' to side step it and deliver a knee to the side of the United States Champion. Cesaro rolls up and is caught up by a headlock takeover. Rollins lets him get up and delivers a beautiful arm drag! Seth goes for the trifecta with a kick to the gut and suplex attempt, but Cesro wraps his hands around Seth's gut with a gutwrench! Gutwrench suplex! Cesaro cranks his own neck before lifting up Rollins and hitting a nice european uppercut that backs him into the corner. Rollins tries to shake it off but Cesaro cuts him off by throwing him for an irish whip. Cesaro follows but Rollins bounces off the turnbuckle and comes back with a flying forearm! Cesaro wildly gets up and goes for a big boot! Rollins ducks it and cracks him in the back of the head with an leaping enzuguri!

JBL: Cesaro's goin' for some fast offense but this Rollins' kid hits him in the back of the head!

MICHAEL COLE: You notice Punk is kicking back and letting Cesaro get a piece of Rollins, but he's stepping up to the challenge.

Cesaro falls too his knee. Rollins' is feeling the energy and runs the ropes, but Cesaro quickly stands up and gets Rollins' on his shoulders before hitting a single knee gut buster!

JBL: It's going to be a tough challenge! Don't get cocky!

Rollins holds his stomach in pain while Cesaro gets Rollins too his feet with a gut-wrench lock, before transitioning it into a big back suplex! He hooks the leg!

...1!

Quick kickout by Seth Rollins!

Rollins tries to roll over too the ropes, but Cesaro grabs his ankle and tries to pull him back. Rollins grabs the ropes and is hopping on one foot as he faces Cesaro. Cesaro has a cheeky grin on his face, but it's wiped away with enzuguri! It stuns Cesaro as Rollins gets up and hits him with a clothesline. Cesaro bumps and gets up to eat another, before standing up and running at Rollins' with a sprint. Rollins' dumps him out of the ring by pulling down the top rope! Rollins is feeling it! He runs the ropes and goes full speed for a suicide dive attempt! But Jinder Mahal steps in his way!

MICHAEL COLE: What's Jinder Mahal doing?! He's blocking his teammate!

Rollins stops in his tracks and tells Jinder to move out of the way, but Jinder refuses, arguing back with Rollins. Cesaro nods to Jinder as he gets back into the ring.

ANTONIO CESARO (Off-Mic): Let's get back to it!

Cesaro cranks his neck and walks around the ring. Seth scoffs and follows his lead, pissed his partner cut him off. Cesaro goes for a lock up attempt, but Seth ducks it and kicks at Cesaro's leg!

JBL: What a coward! Cesaro just wants to wrassle', Seth doesn't have any respect!

MICHAEL COLE: Well considering Jinder Mahal just saved his pro's skin, I don't think Seth is too pleased. He'll have to have another game plan, because it's clear his partners aren't out to go after their own pros.

Rollins continues to kick the leg of Cesaro until pushing him back into the corner with a shove. Seth is on the attack and runs at his opponent, connecting with a forearm into the jaw! He brings Cesaro to the middle and goes for a neckbreaker, but Cesaro pushes him into the corner and hits him with a european uppercut! Cesaro runs across the ring and comes back for another uppercut, but Rollins' rolls out of the way, causing Cesaro to hit his back against the corner! Kick to the gut by Rollins! FALCON ARROW BY SETH ROLLINS! He goes for a cover!

...1!

...2!

Kickout!

Seth stands too his feet, shouting out to the crowd for support. They cheer for him as he runs the ropes, but Damien Sandow tags himself in! Seth still runs at Cesaro, but Cesaro picks him up with a gorilla press! He tries to throw Seth onto Sandow, but Sandow ducks it! Seth rolls out of the ring as Sandow throws a punch into the eye of Cesaro! He knocks him off balance with a few more shots, before taking him by the arm and hitting a short arm lariat!

MICHAEL COLE: Despite his personality and his opinion of the WWE Universe, Damien Sandow has been a note worthy contestant this season. He's picked up wins over Kofi Kingston, he's bloodied the nose of Xavier Woods, and he's being tutored by Cody Rhodes.

JBL: Sandow is an excellent competitor Michael. He can talk, he can fight, and more importantly, he can show these people what it looks like to be a higher life form.

MICHAEL COLE: A what?

JBL: A HIGHER life form MAGGLE! More then human! For example, I'm a wrestling GAWD, he's the Savior of The MASSES! We're practically brothers!

MICHAEL COLE: Oh no.

Sandow keeps a hold of Cesaro's wrist, continually kicking the face of his opponent again and again until the referee tells him to break the hold. Sandow has his hands up while Cesaro tries to get up, but Sandow pushes past the referee and clocks him in the face with a punch! Cesaro is wobbly in the ropes, but Daniel Bryan makes the tag! He gets in as Cesaro rolls out and Sandow goes for a punch! Daniel blocks it and hits one of his own before nailing Sandow with a kick to the chest! He's getting fired up already as he continues to kick Sandow into the corner. Jinder tries to tag himself in, but Sandow smartly avoids it by leaning too his side and following the rope for guidance. That backfires however as Bryan kicks him into the other corner. He runs at Sandow, but Sandow gets the boot up! Full Nelson hold by Sandow!

JBL: Uh oh! We're about too see it!

Sandow attempts to go for You're Welcome!, but Bryan gets out of it and snapmares Sandow over his shoulder. Sandow wildly stands up and he swings for a punch, but Bryan ducks it and grabs him! Tiger Suplex! No! Jinder reaches over the rope to tag himself in and hits Bryan in the back with a double axe handle! The duo beat down on Bryan with some back shots before hitting him with a double suplex! Damien rolls out of the ring as now Jinder Mahal takes out some frustration by beating in Bryan's face!

Left and right, Bryan is hit again and again until the referee gets Jinder off of him. Jinder continues with the assault by picking up Bryan and putting his knee to his gut! The fans are on Bryan's side as Jinder now irish whips him into the corner. Jinder follows through running after him, but Daniel Bryan flips backwards thanks to the corner! Jinder turns his back and sees Bryan run at the ropes. He goes for a clothesline but Daniel ducks it, runs back, and hits a flying clothesline of his own! Jinder wildly gets up, but Daniel sends him out of the ring with a roundhouse kick to the head!

MICHAEL COLE: Daniel Bryan's a house of fire right now. Despite how I felt about him during the first season of NXT, I've gained the utmost respect for him through his tenure here in the WWE.

JBL: You were a suck up during our time on SmackDown, and you're a suck up now. You ever gonna stand up and be your own man?

MICHAEL COLE: My WrestleMania 27 match proves I'm my own man, but back to the action at hand.

Daniel Bryan runs at Jinder with velocity and takes him down with a suicide dive! He gets Jinder up too his feet and quickly rolls him into the ring! But Damien Sandow blindsides Bryan with a clothesline! He rolls Bryan into the ring as Jinder goes for a cover!

...1!

...2!

...Kickout by Bryan!

Jinder calls for the end and picks Bryan up too his feet! He's got Bryan in a full nelson! He lifts Bryan up, but Bryan uses this to his advantage and arm drags Jinder forward, holding onto the arm and applying THE NO! LOCK! Jinder is in trouble! He's fading! Damien Sandow is back in the ring, but Daniel gets up too his feet and hits him with a strike to the head! He hits two more, before irish whipping him against the ropes! Flying forearm by Bryan! He's on fire now as Jinder swings wildly at him, but Daniel ducks under it and hits him with a rolling elbow! He knocks Jinder into the corner, and Seth tags himself in!

MICHAEL COLE: Here comes Rollins!

Sandow rolls towards the corner where Jinder is, and now Bryan and Rollins' tee off with forearms! Bryan goes for another rolling elbow strike, but Rollins' knocks him clean out with a superkick! Before he can capitalize however, Cesaro enters the ring and attempts a big boot, but the cat-like agility of Rollins' comes into play as he ducks it and knocks Cesaro out of the ring with a BLUE, BLACK, AND PURPLE SUPERKICK! Daniel Bryan gets up with wobbly legs and clutches Rollins' arms for a tiger suplex! Rollins' slaps away his arms and hits a back elbow, causing Bryan to go backwards into his corner... AND CM PUNK HAS TAGGED HIMSELF IN!

JBL: Ooooohhhhhh boy! It's about to get wild now Maggle! Punk's been wantin' to put a beatin' on Seth for weeks now!

CM Punk enters the ring with a sneaky, devil like grin as the ring is shared by only him and Rollins. Rollins shakes his head up and down violently as the fans are head over heels for this confrontation! ROLLINS TAKES A RUNNING START... BUT DAMIEN SANDOW CUTS HIM OFF WITH A CLOTHESLINE!?!

MICHAEL COLE: WHAT?! Sandow just blasted his tag team partner!

The referee is bewildered, as Damien Sandow mounts Seth and clobbers him with punches to the temple! Jinder Mahal pulls off Sandow and has a look of confusion on his face. Both men look at each other... only to look at Seth... NOW JINDER IS JOINING IN ON THE BEATDOWN! SANDOW AND MAHAL ARE KICKING SETH ROLLINS!

JBL: Good! The kid's insufferable!

CM Punk looks on with a smile. He shrugs, putting his hands up in the air as Mahal and Sandow continue their onslaught. Mahal lifts up Rollins, throwing him into Sandow to grab. Sandow puts Seth DOWN with You're Welcome!, before backing up and offering Punk the win. Punk chuckles, clapping his hands as he circles Punk. Seth scrapes too his knees, using Punk's kneepad to pull himself up, but it's a futile attempt as Punk picks up his rookie, puts him on his shoulders, and hits the Go To Sleep. The crowd hiss with hatred as Punk goes for the cover!

...1!

...2!

...3!!!

Winners: CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Antonio Cesaro

Punk's music hits as he collects his WWE Championship and looks at Seth, waving him goodbye!

MICHAEL COLE: I'm so confused, why would Mahal and Sandow throw away this match? Not only did they lose, but now Seth Rollins is without a pro to mentor him!

JBL: Ain't it obvious? They're picking apart the competition! It's smart!

Punk leaves the ring and walks up the ramp, passing Cody Rhodes and Aksana who each walk down with a confident smile. Daniel Bryan is finally too a knee, and he seems to be the only one not aware of what has happened, throwing up his hands in the air after securing a win. Antonio Cesaro enters the ring with the United States Championship, and he looks the most pleased. As Cody enters the ring, all five of these villainous individuals stand side by side in the ring, before throwing up a single raised hand in the air. Rollins stands before them as a sacrificial lamb of sorts, still knocked out cold. The fans are completely bewildered, and the harrowing image of a new alliance casts a shadow over NXT, as we end on a bitter, bitter note before fading to black.

Stojy

Reaction score
Cool little touch with the "What does it mean to be NXT" stuff before the formal show opening. I dug it.

I am intrigued to see how this Dusty Rhodes suspension angle plays out. Surely Striker has to get pulled up at some point because the reasoning is a little thin. I will say JBL stepping in is a big thumbs up, because that period of time where he was commentator with Cole on SD in 2007 was amazing. I thought you captured that chemistry between the two commentators right from the get go also. Rollins is being positioned as 'the guy' at this point, so it made sense for him to come and have a go at Striker. I've no issues with that or the disagreement with JBL, it all works. If I wanted to get real nit picky, I doubt JBL would call Rollins prick in the middle of an episode of NXT. From a booking standpoint though, the opening did exactly what it needed to.

One hundred percent think you made the right call in eliminating Woods. There's nothing necessarily wrong with Woods (he and Bo showing some respect was a nice change of pace), but he's arguable the rookie with the least interesting stuff going on right now. Bo has Kofi apologizing to him and I feel like there could be more there, and Kruger has the fun angle with Team Hell No. With that being said, Bryan bitching out Kruger to the level he did was a bit much, and now it feels like you need to make us believe Kruger is a serious threat again. The handling of Kane buying into the tough love initially, only to then save Kruger during the match is a nice way to demonstrate how torn he is. Good stuff.

And the main event was booked well also. Punk wanting to get off this show due to his differences with Rollins works, and the other rookies turning on Rollins is smart character motivation. Now that Rollins doesn't have a pro, he's at a disadvantage, which further sets him up to be 'the guy'. Punk as WWE Champion should never lose a match on NXT so glad you went down this path. The way this is building, I look forward to Punk vs. Rollins at next years WrestleMania lol.

Enjoyable stuff here, was awesome to see a new show from you.

• Love

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
NXT PRESENTS...

An epilouge.

I think this thread was in the back of very few minds over the past few months. For those of you who enjoyed what you read, thank you. You were the leading cause of my passion for this thread. Keefmoon, who I miss dearly, motivated me with his wisdom and excellent feedback to continue this thread on WC. When that lovely site met it's demise, I thought I'd hop on the train, wrap this thread up in a nice sack on a stick, and make my way back here to WrestlingSmarks with the intention to finally see through my vision for NXT. A-las, with no real prep, and very little time over the last few months too write, it's time to close this book with a grimey blotch of ink.

When starting this thread, I had no real ambition or goals for it other then too eventually have Damien Sandow win the whole thing. I protected him week in and week out with the purpose of giving him a platform, either to have him be my golden pony into a fully fledged WWE BTB (an excuse to give Sting a proper run, face Chris Jericho at Mania, then build up for Sting vs. The Undertaker at the following year's event), or to be the leading force for an exclusive NXT Thread.

To wrap up a few loose ends, Cesaro, Mahal, Cody, Sandow, and Aksana would've formed The United Dream. It would've played in a similar fashion too The Mexicools saying they aren't where they want to be because of the system that is WWE. With Cody and Sandow by Mahal and Cesaro's side, they would've made the US Title exclusive too NXT, before Bo Rotunda would dethrone Cesaro, taking out Cody in the build up too finally squash their feud.

As for the inclusion of JBL... because of the chaos on this show and a rating spike that eclisped each season so far, JBL would've become the GM of NXT, claiming he financially backed the plans too turn it into a fully fledged brand. The finale would've been it's own show called "Arrival", ending most of the major feuds with blow off matches, with the main event being the final two contestants, Seth Rollins and Damien Sandow, battling in an epic main event for the NXT Title. Sandow would've won, clean. I didn't work out all the details of the JBL bit, other then him and Matt Striker would've eventually teamed up too be a duo-heel authority figure, only for Dusty Rhodes to eventually return, beat both men, and lead NXT too green pastures. Again, this was mostly too tap into Sandow's unseen potential and make him the face of the brand. Rollins', while he's great, would've been too obvious. I liked the idea that he would eventually capture the gold, but for a different reason. Here's the match cards I made up for it. A shame I never used them.

jtj0AMQ.png

3rcpGsV.png

Pretty sure this would've been Rhodes' first match with Striker, didn't really think it through. Would've been a squash really.

pkCLLw7.png

NXT's first ever women's match... not proud of that one, but it made sense story wise as Kaitlyn was a face and was against The United Dream attacking Xavier Woods. Pretty sure Kaitlyn would've gotten the win.

ztWoiiF.png

Another loss for The United Dream. Though the team of Jinder and Cesaro was pretty enticing when I was writing this. Early New Day would've been a staple among the tag team division.

1PUyXvo.png

After weeks of abuse from Daniel Bryan, Kruger would've had a brawl with him, and Kane would be banned from ringside for this match. It would've been a classic, but the finish I had would've stunk, with Kane chokeslamming both men, admitting he wants this family too stay together.

uGrN0TR.png

Just a good ol' fashion wrestling match too settle which had the better lineage. Think I had Rotunda winning this one, but the plan was for both men too shake hands, turning Cody face, and having him leave The United Dream before it even began.

hAbcXbV.png

Loads of wrestling, loads of interferences from the entire roster, and both men would've taken damage from outside help, only for the match too go too the time limit. Matt Striker would've announced it as a draw, only for Dusty too come out, wollop him and JBL, and declare sudden death, only for Sandow too win clean and become NXT Champion. I just wanted an overbooked finish really.​

Seth Rollins' and CM Punk's feud was fun for what it was and was easily the best part of this whole experience. I'm not sure where I would've had Rollins' right after the season ended. I thought for him, I'd put aside his chase for the title, and eventually give him a singles feud against a debuting Dean Ambrose as a nice call back too their FCW feud. It would've reached it's climax in a Steel Cage Match at a pay-per-view. I wanted too rip-off the modern take of reusing old PPV names, because why not?

Oh, Jimmy Jacobs' would've debuted at some point in the following year as another feud for Rollins. I never really gave it a ton of thought other then it's Rollins' ways of shedding his indy past by defeating the man who pretty much made him what he was, before eventually wrapping around too chasing Sandow for the title. I know I would've wanted Ambrose too be another top heel for the promotion, he had a great, brash look, and I would've eventually went through with his cancelled feud with Mick Foley at some point. As for the NXT Title, Sandow would've had a leeeeengthy run, mowing over just about everyone, including Kingston, and his former faction partners after he turned on each one for various reasons. Jinder would've been kicked out of the group, become a jobber, and fade into obscurity. Aksana would've been the only one too be by Sandow's side, becoming his valet after Cesaro lost the U.S. Title to Bo Rotunda, causing Cesaro too take a whole transformation into a more serious wrestler. After losing too Sandow, he would've been off TV for a few months, only too come back in the first ever Tag Team Tournament too crown the first ever NXT Tag Team Champions. Of course, Kassius Ohno would join him, and The Kings of Wrestling would've teared through the whole division.

Tyson Kidd would've gotten a push, love that dude's work. That's all.

I had plans too introduce Corey Graves and Baron Corbin as a tag team for a vague tag division I had in mind, but really, Graves would have been fine on his own, starting a program with a returning Damien Sandow.

Leo Kruger would still be the comedic relief, with Team Hell No eventually letting him represent the team on NXT by wearing their t-shirt and using their moves.

Sandow would've eventually fought Rollins' for the title, but this time, Rollins' would've won. The title run would've been alright, running into 2014... where CM Punk would've joined NXT instead of leaving the company, and because of his main roster appeal, he would've swapped dispositions with Rollins. Punk would have never won the title, but it would've given Rollins' a win, a lot of credibility, and I probably would've wrapped the thread up there. It started with Punk and Rollins, and it was going too end with them, with the final post having a dominant young upstart, holding the title high over his head, showing the next generation was here too stay.

A-las, it never, and will never happen. I never prepared and wrote shows when I felt like it with a loose idea. Five episodes of quality work (if I say so myself) is something I'm proud of. This thread had toooons of potential, and someone else can do it justice. A lot of threads here go unanswered, or have one post, and nothing more. I know someone out there probably wondered "what happened too that thread", and here's your answer.

If you liked or gave my stuff feedback on WC or WS, I love you, thanks for the compliments and feedback. I do have plans for another BTB someday, but maybe I'll actually plan ahead next time :lol

Thanks again, it was a fun ride.

Stojy

Reaction score
Sad to see this finish, but glad to get some closure as that never really happens in BTB world. I was a big fan of this BTB from the start. Think some of those plans around Punk/Rollins and the stuff with Sandow, and also JBL and Striker are pretty awesome. Hoping to see something from you again one day because I can confirm like you mentioned, the shows in this BTB were of a high quality.

• Love