What happened to Goldust v. Stardust @ WM31?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So when we all saw Stardust introduce himself into the IC title hunt leading upto Wrestlemania 31 most of us pretty much figured that the plans for the Stardust & Goldust match between eachother at Wrestlemania have been cancelled.. and that definitely looks to be the case now that he's officially a participant in the ladder match..

This is a backstage update about why the idea to have the brothers face off again at WM31 was shut down.. as with all dirtsheets take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

According to sources, WWE officials did not think the feud was working very well and nixed plans for a match at the event. Instead, Goldust will likely make an appearance in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Meanwhile, Stardust will take part in the Intercontinental title ladder match.
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...the-goldust-vs-stardust-wrestlemania-31-match

Do you accept the reasoning that they are currently reporting or do you think something else happened? Would you still proceed with the match even if you thought the feud wasn't working or would you kill it just like the company?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
LOL, it got dropped again for Mania. Surprise, surprise.

Hopefully they rekindle the feud for Extreme Rules, though.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The only thing that makes the duo somewhat enjoyable doesn't happen. They should've ran with this last year, but now again they dropped. Summer Slam is my last hope.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Goldust said on Twitter last year that he felt the time to pull the trigger on this feud had already passed. Maybe he was right.

I still think they'll blow this feud off for good at Extreme Rules, though. The fact that they're possibly separating them and booking them in different matches isn't enough to convince me otherwise. It could be that their plan to create more tension between them is to instead have both guys interfere in each other's matches and cost the other the victory somehow. First Stardust interferes in the battle royal and costs Goldust the Andre trophy and then Goldust gets revenge later in the night by interfering in the ladder match and costing Cody the IC Title. They'd both be costing each another 'gold'... get it? :) And then you can book one final match between them at ER that settles things for good.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Goldust said on Twitter last year that he felt the time to pull the trigger on this feud had already passed. Maybe he was right.

I still think they'll blow this feud off for good at Extreme Rules, though. The fact that they're possibly separating them and booking them in different matches isn't enough to convince me otherwise. It could be that their plan to create more tension between them is to instead have both guys interfere in each other's matches and cost the other the victory somehow. First Stardust interferes in the battle royal and costs Goldust the Andre trophy and then Goldust gets revenge later in the night by interfering in the ladder match and costing Cody the IC Title. They'd both be costing each another 'gold'... get it? :) And then you can book one final match between them at ER that settles things for good.

That's basically how I see it playing out.

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I too think the feud will come back around fo the Extreme Rules PPV.. at least I hope so.. I want to see it end and not like it did at Fast Lane.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think they're pushing it back to ER because they probably think they have too many great matches for WM so they won't have time for it. I just wish they had some more continuity so we didn't have stuff like this, but who am I kidding. Plus, it's funny how Goldie actually pinned Stardust but he's in the jobber battle royal (if he gets into the card at all, I guess) and Cody is going for the jobber title.

Smark

Jobber
Reaction score
It's a damn shame that their match was scraped from the card, but like the majority here I do think that this feud will return for ER. Still I am not pleased at all with them removing it.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I really wanted this feud To happen and it had a lot of potential. But it was poorly carried out by WWE. It didn't feel very personal. It felt way too scripted and just lame. They're match at fast lane had abad ending and it was short... So much potential wasted by WWE on what could've been a very interesting good feud.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I really wanted this feud To happen and it had a lot of potential. But it was poorly carried out by WWE. It didn't feel very personal. It felt way too scripted and just lame. They're match at fast lane had abad ending and it was short... So much potential wasted by WWE on what could've been a very interesting good feud.

True. Here's to hoping it somehow ends up happening at Extreme Rules, though.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
to be perfectly honest I was disappointed when they announced Stardust (not Cody!) was going into the IC title match, not the fact that they were including him in the IC title match but how they just dropped a intriguing storyline that could easily fit on the 'Mania card.