What happened Drew McIntyre?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Drew_McIntyre_Wallpaper_by_DarkDeviousQueen.jpg

I'm very disappointed with the way they are using Drew McIntyre. Many people have forgotten that he was once the InterContinental Champion. He was once called the Chosen one. I lost count of how many matches he has lost the last few weeks...plus the embarrassing two losses to Santino. This was my theory, he would win the Royal Rumble. He would redeem himself with a Rumble victory and go on to fulfill his destiny. But what do we get? An unannounced match-up with the Funk of Funk. And he got squashed...no punt intended. So what do ya'll think? Is this a storyline still in the making? Or has WWE just given up on McIntyre?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Now it seems maybe they're giving him a small little storyline but for the most part they gave up on the guy when he couldn't get over after they deemed him the chosen one and kept pushing him hard to get over. Not over the top make him world champion hard but hard enough to show that they wanted him to be the next big thing one day. The whole Tiffany situation just made it worse imo and put him in the doghouse. I still think if he stays at it he can still make it in the WWE but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Note: Some things I am about to say may ruffle a few feathers.

Drew doesn't seem to have a mean streak. And in a locker room full of grown men and legends, you have got to that mean streak in you to "cut throat" your way up. Drew needs to be aware of the fact that making a mistake in a locker room full of guys breathing down your neck to get your 10 minutes of TV time, is a pathway to FE.

Rather it was a DUI and "in house" screwing around, it shows immaturaty and an unseriousness about being a reliable star to invest in. If you do those things after you have made some solid strides, built some influential relationships, and have already managed to get over, then that is one thing. But it's a disrespect and slap in the face to lot of guys who didn't walk in the door with a "Chosen by Vince" rub, and instead had to fight and claw for every minute of TV time. And here you come right in the door screwing it off.

That is what is going on and if Drew has learned, he will fix this with time. I have faith in him

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No offence, but I think you're an idiot if you thought Drew was going to win the Rumble.

Creative had nothing for him for the longest time but they're now making a storyline out of that which can only be a good thing. When he gets up to MVP's weekly losing streak then we can start having concerns. His time will come again.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
@Chad
That's actually one of the better post you have made as it pretty much sums up what has been going on with Drew. It's pretty much the same thing that happened with Jomo and why he could never sustain his push because he allowed himself to be too much of a pushover esp in regards to Melina.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Drew had a very aggressive side on his initial Run on SD! when it led him to the IC title. The way he used the ring to gain advantage and pick up victories was vicious. There was also a lot more he'd put into promos and the original stuff with Teddy Long is about the only thing that makes this current storyline not totally bomb. Of course he got sent to Raw after that and now back on SD! he is playing someone on the verge of turning face. It's a complete circle and WWE didn't capitalize well enough on his hot start to make this work.

My favorite part of the Rumble was seeing him come out for a singles match last night until I saw his opponent and knew the shit was gonna hit the fan.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is not just Drew, WWE has been squishing many potential young stars. For example, when Alex Riley seperated from the Miz, he instantly became a great face. The feud with the Miz was great, now once that was all said and done, WWE threw in the towel with him. Riley could stand toe to toe with Miz, and yet they throw him to Brodus and pretty much said, "Just let Brodus C. do all the work."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's because A-Ri is total blowbag and doesn't deserve to be in FCW, let alone the WWE.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
A-Ry hurt himself with his DUI but they had to let the Miz/Riley stuff play it's way out then they could bury him. No idea why they let him even beat Miz in the feud though looking back at it now. Kofi Kingston is a different story of a guy who has worked his way through crappy booking most of his career just to stay relevant.

Reaction score
I am just hoping that Daniel Bryan doesn't lose his steam once he loses his title some point in the future. Once Jack Swagger lost the World Championshipship he became irrevalent. Although they have pushed him a little bit recently.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Neither does Kofi....no offense
Opinions I guess. But one guy has stuck around for years winning belts and is still always over with the crowd while the other played a lacky and got canned after his first feud...

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I really hope WWE hasn't given up on Drew. He got a lot of crap from the fans when he first showed up, some of it definitely warranted. But I saw potential in the guy and I think he could be a legit heel in the future.

He's no doubt going to take a back seat to a lot of people now though. WWE is most likely backing away from him for a little while so they can repackage him a little, which is honestly all he needs. He still needs work on his mic skills, but a lot of legends were bad on the mic for a long time in their early years and Drew is still young.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think he just needs to look at Dolph and Ryder as examples of don't think you're career is dead when you can always give yourself a chance. Dolph's career looked doomed from day one with the SS stuff being a cheerleader and then the Hi my name is Dolph Ziggler he looked like he was gonna be canned then. Then when he even got passed all that he still had the stigma that if it wasn't for Vickie he'd be screwed and now he's at the point where he doesn't need her anymore.