What happen to Cody Rhodes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
A lot people had high hopes for Cody Rhodes, and many pictured him being the next good heel. He had a lot of online hype during his ugly/deformed face gimmick. After losing the IC title Cody has been irrelevant. Things have gotten worse. Now he is mostly appearing on Superstars.

What happen Cody Rhodes? Will he get his big chance?

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
This is WWE, what do you expect. the same thing happened with drew. hopefully he will get his chance.

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Franklin said:
A lot people had high hopes for Cody Rhodes, and many pictured him being the next good heel. He had a lot of online hype during his ugly/deformed face gimmick. After losing the IC title Cody has been irrelevant. Things have gotten worse. Now he is mostly appearing on Superstars.

What happen Cody Rhodes? Will he get his big chance?

The main event simply is too full at the moment. There is no place for him at the moment. His time will come.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Too bad Big Show buried him. He's still young and already very talented, I'm sure he'll be a fix main eventer in the future.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I think it's simply down to creative not having anything for him at the moment apart from the little Sin Cara feud they look to be building up a little.

msluvall

Jobber
Reaction score
Why does cody insist on removing sin cara mask? What's the deal with that?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
They put him aside right now, and as a Rhodes fan I'm okay with that. If they put him in the World Heavyweight championship picture right now, most likely his reign will be short because of Ziggler. And of course Creative is stupid and put Cena in the WWE Championship picture again :facepalm1: I think after a couple of months of Ziggler being the world champion, or something like Elimination Chamber comes up, he'll be back in the Main Event picture.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
What Rhodes needs is a personal feud above the midcard titles but below the main event. That needs good booking, something WWE constantly fail at, so it's just a random feud with Sin Cara and a random obsession with his mask and no promos explaining it. Just nothing, just completely random.

#WWELogic

Reactions: Snowman1

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
The Great White Crayo said:
What Rhodes needs is a personal feud above the midcard titles but below the main event. That needs good booking, something WWE constantly fail at, so it's just a random feud with Sin Cara and a random obsession with his mask and no promos explaining it. Just nothing, just completely random.

#WWELogic

It seem's that way, although he does have the little videos in the corner saying his obsession on removing the mask is because he wants the world to see how ugly they are.

amjustthat

Jobber
Reaction score
I think Rhodes needs to get a gimmick again, right now he's just a kinda mischievous guy

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
amjustthat said:
I think Rhodes needs to get a gimmick again, right now he's just a kinda mischievous guy

That's the best part! He's cocky and I love it!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
amjustthat said:

I think the opposite. He's back to being a semi one-dimensional vain character obsessed with appearances and uglyness, and he's at his best when he's a simple mischievous little prick.

Will Rhodes be able to rebound from this feud? Possibly. Like Crayo said it's hard to be optimistic with this creative team, but Cody's a good enough talent to pull it off. But what is the point of Rhodes putting over Sin Cara?

And get rid of that drawing too, him selling that as seriously as he is is embarassing.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
He's 27, just give it a little bit of time. He will go on to the WHC picture in no time. He jobs atm to Cara, who is one of the kids their biggest stars. Cody will go on soon.