What Genres do you listen to?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

To people who listen to rap, does rap have lots of genres that come under the general branch of rap, or is rap just it in terms of a genre? Just curious.

To answer your question, realistically it's just regional sounds (South, Mid-West, West Coast etc.) but the majority of it's all the same. Some people try to classify rappers as "Political" "Underground" "Shock rappers" and a bunch of other shit also, but for the most part it's all generally the same thing. Which is one thing that sets it apart from rock.

Famou$ 187

To answer your question, realistically it's just regional sounds (South, Mid-West, West Coast etc.) but the majority of it's all the same. Some people try to classify rappers as "Political" "Underground" "Shock rappers" and a bunch of other shit also, but for the most part it's all generally the same thing. Which is one thing that sets it apart from rock.
Co-sign. That's a good way to put it,there's either hip-hop,mainstream or undergroundt,thats how I would put it. But I like how you said it aswell.

LadyHotrod

Also your last part is funny cause they started out doin covers of Ozzy and Metallica so they obviously haven't changed much.

lol, his reference went way over your head.

straight_edge76

Co-sign. That's a good way to put it,there's either hip-hop,mainstream or undergroundt,thats how I would put it. But I like how you said it aswell.

Yeah dude, mainstream,hip-hop and underground is the jist of "genres" within rap. But even in those 3 main categorys the regional sound is the only thing that imo sounds any different.

Hit N Run

Reaction score
I can't think of much I won't listen to, or don't have at least one or two albums from bands/artists in the genre.

Probably only ones I really don't go for at all would be Black Metal, some types of Garage/Techno and twenties music.

LKP

Reaction score
Rock/Nu Metal/Alternative and metal.

LKP

Reaction score
Sorry man lol, i love it. We can share the love of our genres.

shane

Reaction score
I used to listen every kind of music except rock and metal , mostly i like soft music , some time it depend upon your mood...

Reaction score
I pretty much listen to any form of rock...doesn't matter what it is. Every now and then a little hip-hop isn't all that bad though.