What Genres do you listen to?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J

I was just rofling at their names. Folk and Metal are polar opposites really.

BFMV fucking suck.

I almost had to red rep you there.

And as for genre's, I listen to everything so may as well just put my fav out there.

Metalcore - The Devil Wears Prada, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, Parkway Drive, Atreyu, Norma Jean, Gwen Stacy, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Underoath, Haste the Day, the list goes on.

Reaction score
I like alot of shit and am very eclectic.
Real rap and hip hop- Give me some Wu Tang, UGK and Rakim anyday over the shit that is coming out nowadays like Wayne and Drake

many genres of rock and metal- why the fuck all the stupid genre names?
I can go from Clapton to ZZ Top and everything in between, from Mastadon to Billy Idol
Classic
Blues
80's
Motown
Oldies
Hillbilly shit

LadyHotrod

I was just rofling at their names. Folk and Metal are polar opposites really.

BFMV fucking suck.

Sounded like you were laughing at the genres in general.....though you seem to have never heard of the genre names before so I am sure you had no idea what kind of music it was ;)

Thank fuck for your second part. BFMV are so fucking gay and a huge amount of IWFers listen to that shit, it's sad.

J

People are only starting to hate them because there gettin more popular, hating bands for that reason is pretty dumb if you ask me and if not the reason give me one good reason.

Reaction score
People are only starting to hate them because there gettin more popular, hating bands for that reason is pretty dumb if you ask me and if not the reason give me one good reason.

They went from playing thrashy-riffed songs like Hand of Blood to playing songs like Hearts Burst Into Fire.

Next will be the "Rock" album that will be completely void of solos, screaming and dare I say...'metal'.

They're gonna do a full on "Metallica" any day now.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Post-Hardcore
Metal
Metalcore
Grunge
Punk Rock

Toddy

Reaction score
Really listen to most stuff other than Mainstream Radio crap but know it all because of the rdio at work

But ATM I'm listening to alot of Indie and The Extreme end of Metal.

But the Pop Punk like Paramore is good some of the time.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Rap, Hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock, alternative.

I can't get into the heavy metal stuff where it's just screaming, banging drums, and loud guitars. As heavy as I go is Disturb and Linkin Park.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

To people who listen to rap, does rap have lots of genres that come under the general branch of rap, or is rap just it in terms of a genre? Just curious.

straight_edge76

To people who listen to rap, does rap have lots of genres that come under the general branch of rap, or is rap just it in terms of a genre? Just curious.

To answer your question, realistically it's just regional sounds (South, Mid-West, West Coast etc.) but the majority of it's all the same. Some people try to classify rappers as "Political" "Underground" "Shock rappers" and a bunch of other shit also, but for the most part it's all generally the same thing. Which is one thing that sets it apart from rock.

J

They went from playing thrashy-riffed songs like Hand of Blood to playing songs like Hearts Burst Into Fire.

Next will be the "Rock" album that will be completely void of solos, screaming and dare I say...'metal'.

They're gonna do a full on "Metallica" any day now.

Wrong~!

Before they came out with the posion they had a bunch of songs like hand of blood and a bunch like hearts, its just what they like to do, and besides there shit still sounds good and there's still hard shit on it.

Also your last part is funny cause they started out doin covers of Ozzy and Metallica so they obviously haven't changed much.