What do you watch out for, on the road?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
This struck me today, when I was driving home for a town about an hours drive away. I was sorta dawdling off in my head, not paying attention to the road when I realised a roo could jump out at any time, and I'd hit it.

This lead me to ask myself, does everyone in Australia have to worry about hittnig a roo, on the road? I always thought they were predominant in just QLD, because I've only been down south, on the roads once, and we never had a problem with them.

THEN I asked; they don't have roo's in the US and what not, so what do they get from the parents, the "Be careful you don't hit a ... when you're driving" lecture.

So my question is, where ever you live, when you're on the roads - what do you watch out for?

And I mean open roads, not in the city.

CT Styles

Just to clarify something with all non-aussies; Kangaroos aren't hopping around everywhere. So don't start the jokes.

Thanks. :)

J

Fucking Deer. Just got are van back from smashing one about a week or two ago. There so fucking annoying.

seX-Power

I was bushwalking once and there were like four bloody splotches in the middle of a highway. I assume it may have been a koala and maybe three babies. Call me inhumane, but I laughed my fucking ass off. But in NSW, I haven't really seen Kangaroo warnings, only Koala and Wombat.

But as my dad used to say...

"Be careful you don't not hit an abo when you're driving."

Reaction score
Yeh I rarely see the Kangaroo signs, but at the same time they're common(ish) where I live. I've only ever seen three, and one of those I clipped on the tail, when I've been driving, and that's bout 3 years now.

Some of the better ones are Koala signs and duck signs, lol, there's one of those where I live. Funnily enough, I was stopped in traffic for a bit when there was a family of ducks/ducklings crossing the road...

Haight

Reaction score
In the past month I have avoided hitting the following... Sand Crabs, Turtles, Raccoons, Possum ( No Gators yet)

Kizza

Only Jim Richards is allowed to take out a kangaroo and get away with it.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Deers mostly. Also other cars lol.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Well, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, and opossums are always in the road, but I don't really avoid them. But deer are everywhere (I've even seen them in the city a few times), and they'll fuck your car up if you hit one, so I definitely try to avoid them.

Reaction score
Yeh I don't really see the need to 'avoid' anything that's just going to go under your car, or at most get lodged into the engine somewhere. sounds harsh, but why try and avoid something like that and put your own life, and possibly others at risk?

Cars and semis are the easiest to dodge. I've found recently I can dawdle off, ust sort of use my peripherals/unfocused vision to drive. None of this silly, "pay close attention to everything" crap... I'm so screwed, one of these days. :p

Wordlife

little children, animals, and especially little old ladies with fucking carts...

Speaking of that, yesterday I was driving home and since I live in Chicago and the ice got very bad yesterday, it made for a hard-to-drive kinda day for everyone (currently right now its nasty snow here.... YIPPIEEEE! Fucking hate snow)

Anyways, ok, so I go to stop at the STOP sign.... and this little old hag is walking along the sidewalk and goes to cross the street. Now I see this woman like 30 feet away cause she was wearing the ugliest purple old lady coat I've EVER seen, so I knew she was gonna cross. So I go to stop at the stop sign and she's about a 1/4 of the way into the street. Now mind I mention the ice situation again... I'm swerving my Charger like almost in a rotated circle, nearly hitting the old cunt and her dumbass little cart filled with bananas. So I get like super scared ya know... so I swerve around the old bitch, nearly almost hitting her... what does she do? I see in my mirror that she "tripped over her cart" and is lying in the street... I'm thinking to myself YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING SHITTING ME YOU OLD WHORE!!! I DIDN'T EVEN HIT YOU, I WAS CLOSE, BUT DIDNT HIT YOU!!! AND YOU FALL ON THE FUCKING GROUND??? YOU DIDNT EVEN DODGE ME OR ATTEMPT TO DODGE ME (no dodge pun intended - I have a "Dodge Charger")? WOW, AND YOU DIDNT MOVE SO HOW COULD YOU TRIP ON THE ICE?

So yeah, avoid hitting old ladies with those annoying ass little carts... please

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Deers, I'm in Alberta so don't even try and say you have a problem. That and people's dogs and drunk driversx