What do you think the WWE is missing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
One of the things we need is a variety of Storylines, and not just The "I'm Better Than You" and "Past vs Present" Storyline.

-Another thing we need is for them to past down The Mantle of Matches from the past Legends to the present superstars
Like Masters of The Ladder Match was Shawn Michaels, Edge & Christian, and The Hardyz. They could make guys like Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, etc. Masters of that match.

Masters of Hell in a Cell was Triple H and The Undertaker. You could make guys like Demon Balor, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns Masters.

Hardcore Masters were Mick Foley, Terry Funk, etc. You can guys like Dean Ambrose, Rusev, Braun Strowman, etc. Masters

Yeah we need new Masters of Special Matches

- We need different formats for the show. Don't always start RAW and SMACKDOWN with a segment. They can start it with a match.

- We need Legendary Wrestling Veterans with personality as Commentators again. Like Booker T, JBL, Taz, Lawler, Mick Foley, etc.
We can use Legendary Non Wrestling Vets as Commentators likr The Legend known as Jim Ross.

- WWE needs to build a Promo School. Because nowadays it takes years for guys to perfect a promo.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
not as many Damiens & Zacks then tho Way more Stars then lol

Go back and watch Raw in the 90s. They had PLENTY of crap wrestlers coming in and out. Different thing about back then was that wrestlers were more of entertainers with their names often times revolving around their gimmicks. Now wrestlers are more of just athletes, with little to no gimmick, and just some random generic first and last name.

ClancyFinn

Jobber
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what Ive read here so far. My thoughts on what's wrong is the roster is too large now for just two shows. Its so much larger than it was in the 90's that we don't see like 60% of the roster unless it's to put over a new talent. Add in NXT and yes you have an endless supply of talent but nowhere to put them when they "outgrow" that show. For me it's tough to think of new storyline stuff since Ive been watching wrestling since the late 70's so Ive seen pretty much every type of match there is. They drag out the rivalries for waaay too long now, theres no reason for them to drag on for 6+ months when there are so many other people who could be getting some ring time instead of watching another AJ vs Bryan match. Throw in the women who have now become actual wrestlers instead of just eye candy doing bikini pillow fights. Lita and Chyna were born at the wrong time, they would be killing it now days.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I personally would change the random Raw/SD Booking.

For example, Finn Balor is cutting a backstage promo - Jinder Mahal interrupts him - A Match was made in the Ad Break by the GM - Dodgy Finish - Rematch at PPV
Like why should I care for that?

Another problem is Running time. I know time is money for WWE but hardly money when no one is watching. For example 3hrs of Raw, It's tiring, boring and repetitive and now normal PPV's are going into overtime at over 3hrs a piece and WrestleMania being 5hrs plus a 2hr pre-show makes for an uncomfortable sitting that feels like a chore more than a treat. WWE attempting to fill these hrs is damaging them by plaguing our TVs with repetitive matches/promos and rivalries. Or I saw recently online that WWE should look at Raw as 3 1hr slots and not 3hrs.

Crash

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what Ive read here so far. My thoughts on what's wrong is the roster is too large now for just two shows. Its so much larger than it was in the 90's that we don't see like 60% of the roster unless it's to put over a new talent. Add in NXT and yes you have an endless supply of talent but nowhere to put them when they "outgrow" that show. For me it's tough to think of new storyline stuff since Ive been watching wrestling since the late 70's so Ive seen pretty much every type of match there is. They drag out the rivalries for waaay too long now, theres no reason for them to drag on for 6+ months when there are so many other people who could be getting some ring time instead of watching another AJ vs Bryan match. Throw in the women who have now become actual wrestlers instead of just eye candy doing bikini pillow fights. Lita and Chyna were born at the wrong time, they would be killing it now days.

I agree with the roster being too large for the 2 main shows... That is why I think a stables war could help that cause IMO.

ClancyFinn

Jobber
Reaction score
I personally would change the random Raw/SD Booking.

For example, Finn Balor is cutting a backstage promo - Jinder Mahal interrupts him - A Match was made in the Ad Break by the GM - Dodgy Finish - Rematch at PPV
Like why should I care for that?

Another problem is Running time. I know time is money for WWE but hardly money when no one is watching. For example 3hrs of Raw, It's tiring, boring and repetitive and now normal PPV's are going into overtime at over 3hrs a piece and WrestleMania being 5hrs plus a 2hr pre-show makes for an uncomfortable sitting that feels like a chore more than a treat. WWE attempting to fill these hrs is damaging them by plaguing our TVs with repetitive matches/promos and rivalries. Or I saw recently online that WWE should look at Raw as 3 1hr slots and not 3hrs.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I agree with the roster being too large for the 2 main shows... That is why I think a stables war could help that cause IMO.

Who do you think should go and who do you think should stay? WWE dissolved the contracts of 20 employees a little over a decade ago. Some of them were wrestlers, some corporate employees. WWE had to make a big cut and people like Goldberg and Scott Steiner had to be laid off as well, owing to the fact that the ones in power felt they could spend neither the time to think about what to do with them, nor the money to keep them. This harmed the company and it was years, until 2008, when the extra divas started coming in, when things began to change. What should be done about the numbers at the present time?

Crash

Reaction score
Who do you think should go and who do you think should stay? WWE dissolved the contracts of 20 employees a little over a decade ago. Some of them were wrestlers, some corporate employees. WWE had to make a big cut and people like Goldberg and Scott Steiner had to be laid off as well, owing to the fact that the ones in power felt they could spend neither the time to think about what to do with them, nor the money to keep them. This harmed the company and it was years, until 2008, when the extra divas started coming in, when things began to change. What should be done about the numbers at the present time?

Oh, I didn't mean to say they should cut people, my point was if they create a stable wars, then you can have those people joining stables as enforcers or as leaders or managers, they can have different roles... It would give more open slots for wrestlers to fill IMO.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

Have the bigger names cut back on the work, give some of the younger stars more time and have the bigger ones onscreen but in short promos. Put themin the ring less like they did with Hogan when he only turned up on free TV 6 times a year. GIves them more star power aura as you see them less and usually on PPV. They have over exposed the more popular wrestlers and wonder why they don't get over doing weekly 15+ min promos.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Another thing WWE is missing are characters. Think about it, not one single wrestler in WWE has character when compared to Ruthless Aggression, ThE AtTiTuDe ErA, The New Generation, and so forth.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Good writing and logic

Less is more everybody says so even less is way too much - Smoke in Mirrors Cody Rhodes

Ok so how about Raw is 1 hour of 205 and 2 hours of Raw on USA? NXT is one week Full Sail next week UK alternating. Cancel Main Event. Then less freaking belts

Reaction score
WWE has been stale for over 10 years now, with some brief moments of glory every now and then, but I think we can all agree that the product has been on a downhill curve. This thread is for ideas that the WWE should or could do to improve the show. Please no "Vince should die" try to have creative and positive ideas.

In my opinion, it might sound cliche but I think there should be stables wars, I'm not talking about trios like the shield or new day. I mean like a huge stable of heels causing mayhem, then a stable of face could form itself to combat them, etc. I think it worked in the past and could work today and make the show more interesting. Another idea I have is, remove gimmicked PPVs, I am talking about the Hell in a Cell, Money in the bank, Elimination chamber, TLC, etc. I think those matches should be kept for very rare occasions and on important PPVs, bring back the good old PPV names like Armageddon, Judgement Day, No Way Out, etc. or even Great Balls Of Fire that was different at least, even bring back WCW PPV like Bash At The Beach or Halloween Haven. Finally bring back King of the Ring and actually have the winner get a push like back in the days.

What are your ideas? What do you think the WWE is missing to be great?

I totally agree on removing the themes PPV events. Matches like Mankind vs Undertaker at KOTR felt so special because the HIAC was used to end rivalries. Another thing I think is that they just tend to copy and paste matches. Watching NXT shows you that WWE can have 5 star technical masterpieces while the main roster seems content with having the same slow worked style of matches over and over again, save for the few wrestlers who have good matches on a regular basis( like AJ and Seth). I just think we are going to see WWE's best with the starting up of AEW, especially since they landed Jericho and will probably land Kenny Omega. We may be in for some exciting times in wrestling