What do you think the WWE is missing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crash

Reaction score
WWE has been stale for over 10 years now, with some brief moments of glory every now and then, but I think we can all agree that the product has been on a downhill curve. This thread is for ideas that the WWE should or could do to improve the show. Please no "Vince should die" try to have creative and positive ideas.

In my opinion, it might sound cliche but I think there should be stables wars, I'm not talking about trios like the shield or new day. I mean like a huge stable of heels causing mayhem, then a stable of face could form itself to combat them, etc. I think it worked in the past and could work today and make the show more interesting. Another idea I have is, remove gimmicked PPVs, I am talking about the Hell in a Cell, Money in the bank, Elimination chamber, TLC, etc. I think those matches should be kept for very rare occasions and on important PPVs, bring back the good old PPV names like Armageddon, Judgement Day, No Way Out, etc. or even Great Balls Of Fire that was different at least, even bring back WCW PPV like Bash At The Beach or Halloween Haven. Finally bring back King of the Ring and actually have the winner get a push like back in the days.

What are your ideas? What do you think the WWE is missing to be great?

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
WWE has been stale for over 10 years now, with some brief moments of glory every now and then, but I think we can all agree that the product has been on a downhill curve. This thread is for ideas that the WWE should or could do to improve the show. Please no "Vince should die" try to have creative and positive ideas.

In my opinion, it might sound cliche but I think there should be stables wars, I'm not talking about trios like the shield or new day. I mean like a huge stable of heels causing mayhem, then a stable of face could form itself to combat them, etc. I think it worked in the past and could work today and make the show more interesting. Another idea I have is, remove gimmicked PPVs, I am talking about the Hell in a Cell, Money in the bank, Elimination chamber, TLC, etc. I think those matches should be kept for very rare occasions and on important PPVs, bring back the good old PPV names like Armageddon, Judgement Day, No Way Out, etc. or even Great Balls Of Fire that was different at least, even bring back WCW PPV like Bash At The Beach or Halloween Haven. Finally bring back King of the Ring and actually have the winner get a push like back in the days.

What are your ideas? What do you think the WWE is missing to be great?

WWE is missing the elements of trust, faith and the great river, so to speak. I'll go in order...

Trust: Fan favorites are no longer what they appear to be. For a time, they'll be genuine and then all of a sudden, they'll betray someone, (i.e., Charlotte Flair, Daniel Bryan, The Bella Twins), making them unbelievable and their credibility will be irreversibly damaged.

Faith: The Mcmahon's resurfacing on TV goes to show how much faith they have in the WWE developing without their involvement. The programming often does better without them, as their presence oftentimes seems excessive and it doesn't spice things up.

The Great River: Flow is important for anything that circulates and WWE is failing to circulate new talent that really stands for anything. Tried and test vets like AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Rey Mysterio are over the hilland the new guys don't really have that much personality, aside from the likes of Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns. A few aren't enough to keep the channel flowing and sooner or later, a damn will have to be built in order to redirect the flow and who is going to build it, with what?

Crash

Reaction score
WWE is missing the elements of trust, faith and the great river, so to speak. I'll go in order...

Trust: Fan favorites are no longer what they appear to be. For a time, they'll be genuine and then all of a sudden, they'll betray someone, (i.e., Charlotte Flair, Daniel Bryan, The Bella Twins), making them unbelievable and their credibility will be irreversibly damaged.

Faith: The Mcmahon's resurfacing on TV goes to show how much faith they have in the WWE developing without their involvement. The programming often does better without them, as their presence oftentimes seems excessive and it doesn't spice things up.

The Great River: Flow is important for anything that circulates and WWE is failing to circulate new talent that really stands for anything. Tried and test vets like AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Rey Mysterio are over the hilland the new guys don't really have that much personality, aside from the likes of Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns. A few aren't enough to keep the channel flowing and sooner or later, a damn will have to be built in order to redirect the flow and who is going to build it, with what?

Wow, now that is a very great way to put things into perspective.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The main criticisms fans have with raw has recently been removed and the show was still average. Get rid of repetitive matches, supposedly giving wrestlers leeway with promos, pushing faces...

The short answer to this is competition.

Crash

Reaction score
The main criticisms fans have with raw has recently been removed and the show was still average.

The short answer to this is competition.

You bring a very good point, the lack of competition has been a problem ever since WCW died. I think just now they are starting to get more competition with the AEW and NJPW.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
You bring a very good point, the lack of competition has been a problem ever since WCW died. I think just now they are starting to get more competition with the AEW and NJPW.
I don't don't know how successful and big AEW will be but, for the sake of wrestling let's hope its a massive success

Crash

Reaction score
I don't don't know how successful and big AEW will be but, for the sake of wrestling let's hope its a massive success

I think the WWE has competition now more than ever or in a long time. I mean with the internet and streaming, the indies are getting bigger and are more attractive to the wrestling fans, a few years ago the indies were mostly low budget gymnasium with 30 to 40 people watching. Now you see more and more indie promotion coming out and they have money and good shows.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The problem with the stables idea is that most fans will see it as a rehashing of the old nWo angle. And WWE already did the Nexus thing so bringing in a stable of NXT guys wouldnt seem new. If they could somehow bring in The Elite (formally Bullet Club) then i think that could work but its never gonna happen with AEW starting.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Also i think something that WWE should implement is a more open "trade policy" between superstars on Raw and Smackdown. Instead of having an annual superstar shakeup every year, i think it would be better if Shane and Stephanie could trade superstars with each other on any given moment. That way there could be more diverse feuds and matches and more unexpected moments on shows and PPVs. If at any given moment, AJ Styles could pop up on Raw, or Ronda Rousey could show up on Smackdown, and so on, i think it would give both shows more of an edge.

Crash

Reaction score
The problem with the stables idea is that most fans will see it as a rehashing of the old nWo angle. And WWE already did the Nexus thing so bringing in a stable of NXT guys wouldnt seem new. If they could somehow bring in The Elite (formally Bullet Club) then i think that could work but its never gonna happen with AEW starting.
You are right about the stables being done over and over in the past, but I still think it can work if you come up with something new and different.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
They need another Hulk Hogan Stone Cold or The Rock like Superstar they haven't one since those guys That's why we still get excited to see them when they get wheeled out again. That's it simple they have to find a Superstar Quickly it's been too many years since those guys ruled. But Who???

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Oh yeah the idea of a storyline where its gang warfare between loads of stables always gets suggested by fans. Good on paper. But not for me.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I know they are currently missing Chris Jericho, and Neville PAC. I think they're in Jacksonville or something.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
4068493_700b.jpg