What Do You Think The Wrestlemania 31 Main Event Will Be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think hoping Sami Zayn (or anybody that's full time in NXT right now) will main event Wrestlemania 31 is asking for heartache.

I also think that if one of them was put into a Mania main event over Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Big E Langston, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, or any of a dozen or two other guys would be a huge insult to those people. I think that the same that I think having Batista in this year's Mania main event is something of a slap in their faces...and Batista is a 6-time former World Champion. I think the main event needs to be guys who are proving themselves every week on Raw and Smackdown, not a guy who's been in the Bigs for a year or less.

wk

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I could honestly see Punk signing a deal with Vince to stay around for a year with no walk outs if he can main event 'Mania. Punk can give some speech the night after he loses the title at Payback or something saying that he's done. Get emotional about it and shit.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Reigns/Bryan has about zero chance of headlining Mania. When Reigns gets his big breakout push to the world championship gold, they're gonna obviously want him to go over someone more established and of similar size to him (or at least bigger than a guy 5'10) since that would look a hell of a lot more impressive. That means Cena, Batista, Lesnar or maybe even HHH.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Reigns/Bryan has about zero chance of headlining Mania. When Reigns gets his big breakout push to the world championship gold, they're gonna obviously want him to go over someone more established and of similar size to him (or at least bigger than a guy 5'10) since that would look a hell of a lot more impressive. That means Cena, Batista, Lesnar or maybe even HHH.

What if something like that happens to be the WWE World Title match, but not the main event? Taker/Cena.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
What if something like that happens to be the WWE World Title match, but not the main event? Taker/Cena.

It's not so much just an issue of whether it'll main event the show or not. It's just that when you have a babyface breakout and win the gold for the first time, it makes the most sense to have them go over as big a star as possible. Same went for Daniel Bryan (even if his title reign was seriously cut short) when he went over John Cena last year to win his first WWE Title. It makes the most sense to do the same for Reigns, especially since they're clearly building Reigns up to be the #2 babyface of the promotion. Plus, not to make too big of an issue over size, but for a true powerhouse like Reigns, he's better matched up against an individual who can equal him (or come close) in power, strength and size. I mean, what would look like the more impressive image - Reigns standing there raising his first WWE Championship in the air while Daniel Bryan lays on the mat behind him, or Reigns standing there raising his first WWE Championship in the air while Cena/Lesnar/HHH/Batista/etc. lay on the mat behind him instead?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bork vs Reigns or Bork vs HHH. Yes, I do still think HHH will have one more title run.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
One more title run for HHH seems probable, but I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of HHH/Lesnar. They pretty much got all that they could out of that one. Seeing a repeat of HHH/Batista (especially since Batista says he wants to work with HHH again) or maybe even HHH/Cena seems more likely.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hunter awarding himself the Unified Championship because neither Orton or Cena could prove they were the face of the company, while Bryan won the Rumble would have been the GOAT storyline.