What do you think of the Hardyz WWE run?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Boring. But what can you really expect from 40 year old wrestlers that are on the mid card tag division
No. Not even close. The broken gimmick is what brought them to prominence. WWE is just trying to take their sweet time with the hardys. There's the legal mess with Anthem, but they're still doing the broken references despite it all.

In the WWE, they're trying to bring back the Hardy Boyz in their previous form, so that they can ease fans into the transition to another gimmick, possibly the Broken gimmick.

The gimmick is interesting, my problem is, I can't stand watching TNA in the current form. Impact Wrestling as a show is good, but I can't get past the fact that Anthem isn't letting the guys "run amok" so to speak. It feels stifled in TNA/Anthem. And not enough "big boys" to pull me in. WWE isn't different, but I know Roman Reigns, I know Seth Rollins, I know Brock Lesnar. What does Anthem have? Bobby Lashley? They're pushing him to be the Sting of today, but he was way ahead of everyone else in TNA when he arrived. It's the same thing going on with El Patron. The fucked up part is, El Patron would benefit from staying in WWE, than going into TNA or any independent circuit. He doesn't have anything to go on with, but be this Mexican bully. Yep, that's his gimmick.

Both companies are suffering from wrestling fatigue, that it will be an interesting rivalry in the next few years. I'm curious what WWE will do in the next 5, 10 years from now to maintain the market it has now...
Is this a thread or just an advertisement for "shitty wrestling podcast #5,024,460"?
Yes, but it also benefits WWEForums, too... Sooo, just keep the replies going.

Reactions: It'sDamnTrue

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
No. Not even close. The broken gimmick is what brought them to prominence. WWE is just trying to take their sweet time with the hardys. There's the legal mess with Anthem, but they're still doing the broken references despite it all.

In the WWE, they're trying to bring back the Hardy Boyz in their previous form, so that they can ease fans into the transition to another gimmick, possibly the Broken gimmick.

The gimmick is interesting, my problem is, I can't stand watching TNA in the current form. Impact Wrestling as a show is good, but I can't get past the fact that Anthem isn't letting the guys "run amok" so to speak. It feels stifled in TNA/Anthem. And not enough "big boys" to pull me in. WWE isn't different, but I know Roman Reigns, I know Seth Rollins, I know Brock Lesnar. What does Anthem have? Bobby Lashley? They're pushing him to be the Sting of today, but he was way ahead of everyone else in TNA when he arrived. It's the same thing going on with El Patron. The fucked up part is, El Patron would benefit from staying in WWE, than going into TNA or any independent circuit. He doesn't have anything to go on with, but be this Mexican bully. Yep, that's his gimmick.

Both companies are suffering from wrestling fatigue, that it will be an interesting rivalry in the next few years. I'm curious what WWE will do in the next 5, 10 years from now to maintain the market it has now...

Yes, but it also benefits WWEForums, too... Sooo, just keep the replies going.

The Broken gimmick only got over in TNA because it was in TNA. When u have a production as awful as TNA u can get away with some wild things getting over there. It's not going to have nearly the same effect in WWE. The Hardys aren't going have creative control. It'll be a huge flop. They shouldn't even do it.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
It feels like they're just stuck in limbo right now. It feels like we're all just waiting for the Broken Hardys to re-emerge. Nostalgia Hardys is nice enough for a bit but we know they're so much more than that. On top of that Jeff still has the potential to become the biggest star on the roster again. And the Sheamus/Cesaro feud is treading water because the entire feud has just been the Hardys winning every single match every week except one Title match.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
It feels like they're just stuck in limbo right now. It feels like we're all just waiting for the Broken Hardys to re-emerge. Nostalgia Hardys is nice enough for a bit but we know they're so much more than that. On top of that Jeff still has the potential to become the biggest star on the roster again. And the Sheamus/Cesaro feud is treading water because the entire feud has just been the Hardys winning every single match every week except one Title match.

That's not treading water, that's storytelling. 50/50 booking helps no one. I beat you, you beat me, I beat you. That's horse shit and not how people get over. The Hardys have been booked strong and their work backs it up, with or without BROKEN DELETION or any of that crap.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
That's not treading water, that's storytelling. 50/50 booking helps no one. I beat you, you beat me, I beat you. That's horse shit and not how people get over. The Hardys have been booked strong and their work backs it up, with or without BROKEN DELETION or any of that crap.

People are so against 50/50 booking. But booking where one person/team wins every match is worse. It's so repetitive and Sheamus/Cesar look absolutely useless.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have no real feelings about it one way or the other. Personally, I never liked the Broken gimmick so I am happy I don't have to see it. But honestly, it probably wouldn't bother me one way or the other if they were allowed to do it. There is enough going on in the wrestling world currently for me to ignore the things I don't care for.

It'sDamnTrue

Jobber
Reaction score
It has been kind of lackluster for me. I was expecting them to be broken by now. I know there is all that legal mess they have to sort out or whatever but still. I want them to be crazier than they have been. We need more strange gimmicks running, specially now as WWE in general has felt so stale.
Agreed.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
lol "I was expecting them to be broken by now"

Translated: "I had already booked the territory, and they're not using my weak ass ideas"