What do you think about WWE confiscating signs?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gangstuh

Jobber
Reaction score
During the April 9th edition of Raw, WWE confiscating "Albert" signs. "Albert" refers to Lord Tensai old ring name Prince Albert. They want the WWE Fans to refer to him by his current ring name. Should WWE do this?
vY0gy.png
TensaiSmiley

More

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I disagree with confiscating signs. John Cena put it perfectly (even though it was kayfabe), they pay for their seat, they can chant/say and show whatever the fuck thry want too.

Adding that Tensai smiley btw.

Code:
:tensai:

Type that and it gives you :tensai:.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I used 2 make them constantly and never had mine taken. Of course, some ppl go 2 far and simply lack compassion. There have been many signs that WWE should have ripped away, but never did. I would never make a sign I wouldn't want my mother 2 c I guess

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Why should they be taken away? It's like calling Kill Steen Kill 'Seabs' (referring to his old name), clearly there's nothing wrong with that. It was his previous name, we should be allowed to say it. Either way, people end up chanting it. WWE you can't get rid of the glorious chants.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Saylor said:
Why should they be taken away? It's like calling Kill Steen Kill 'Seabs' (referring to his old name), clearly there's nothing wrong with that. It was his previous name, we should be allowed to say it. Either way, people end up chanting it. WWE you can't get rid of the glorious chants.

Its a bit insulting 2 call a guy by his real name or previous names while he is performing. Wrestlers take their character very srsly and ask the fans 2 do the same. I can't understand the thrill in disrespecting ppl who r killing their bodies nightly 2 b a great performer. I'm sry if I have a bias here and have no ill will toward u, Saylor

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
KiaSport said:
Its a bit insulting 2 call a guy by his real name or previous names while he is performing. Wrestlers take their character very srsly and ask the fans 2 do the same. I can't understand the thrill in disrespecting ppl who r killing their bodies nightly 2 b a great performer. I'm sry if I have a bias here and have no ill will toward u, Saylor

That's just how smarks roll though. I think it shows a lack of interest in his new character, and it makes WWE a little butt hurt. Still though, censoring the fans is BS IMO

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
They shouldn't censor the signs imo it's a sign of respect by the fans relating to his past in the WWE. I wouldn't see it as disrespectful. I mean during Foley's various character incarnations people used to have Dude Love signs and Cactus Jack signs even during his tenure as Mankind these were in no way disrespectful just a tribute to his other characters and a compliment.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
If a sign has language considered inappropriate or the kind they don't want being seen on television or whatever, they should take the sign away. Taking them away just because they mention the name "Albert" (especially when Michael Cole has already mentioned that Lord Tensai is a former WWE superstar) is just lame.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Gangstuh said:
During the April 9th edition of Raw, WWE confiscating "Albert" signs. "Albert" refers to Lord Tensai old ring name Prince Albert. They want the WWE Fans to refer to him by his current ring name. Should WWE do this?
vY0gy.png
TensaiSmiley

More

Fans should do whatever they want during shows. Human right of freedom of speech, yo. (Too many "of"s)