What could have been

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
To you what is the biggest/interesting what could have been situation whether is was a push, a booking decision, etc? Whether it would have had a negative impact or positive impact.

I have a few but the biggest one is the old rumor that HBK was possibly going to leave WWF to go to WCW. This is interesting to me cause it would have changed a lot of things. Possibly could have had a NWO with the Kliq members minus Triple H. Trips would have been left on his own and no telling where he would have ended up cause he had heat from the curtain call thing and HBK being his buddy helped him a lot to land on his feet after that. Then Hogan where would this have left him? He was in situation where he badly needed that heel turn as the crowds were tired of red and yellow Hulk to the point where he had to only show up on a limited basis. Then of course the biggest part would WWF have survived without HBK? He wasn't a huge draw or anything like that but he and Bret did have to hold down the fort to survive through those tough times while they were in transition. Without Shawn it definitely would have been harder to do that. To me this is one of the top if not the top what if situation cause so many big things would have changed if this happened.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Batista vs. Brock at SummerSlam this year. The movie star that made all that fucking money and the guy who broke the streak, they've never had a match, but it was what needed to be booked over Bryan winning the belt ... Yet I'm go digress

Austin vs Rock vs HHH is probably the biggest match of the attitude era that was never did. It was teased to write Austin out, but it was never did. And that's a damn shame because you can make an argument they all had such great chemistry and got the best out one another. I always thought Rock got the best matches out of. Hunter, Hunter got the best matches out of Austin, and Austin got the best matches out of Rock. They all could talk, all were bad ass, and at the attitude eras hype when they were all huge in 01, god it could have been a dream 3 way heading into wm16 over that Foley and Show bs

Reactions: PHX

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Magnumania should have been running wild in the late '80s. Also, the Flair/Hogan match that should have happened at WrestleMania VIII. It would have been so much better than saving that for WCW and nothing could be worse than that Hogan/Sid match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wanted to see HBK and Eddie Guerrero, HBK against The Rock.

Wanted to see Bret Hart vs Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. Wanted nWo to die at Starcade 97, then maybe they wouldn't have to splinter the group because WCW had ZERO faces who weren't already eaten alive by the nWo.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh don't get me started on Starrcade '97. Could have been so huge and may have put the nails in the coffin for WWF, but instead they decided to milk the Montreal Screwjob and ruin a once in a lifetime moment that they'd been building for a year and a half.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Reducing the hottest wrestler in the business at the time to a special ref was beyond stupid as well.

Should've just plugged the fact that Bret Hart will make his first appearance at that PPV and he will tell it like it is, everyone will get the truth and all that, instead of assuming everyone who watches wrestling knew what the screwjob was, then he could run out and punch out Bischoff as Sting has Hogan tapping to the Scorpion Deathlock and the audience goes nuts, not that dumb shit where he loses clean, becomes a sore loser and attacks him and steals his title.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The best part has got to be Nick Patrick forgetting he was supposed to make a fast count :TI:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't see a problem with how WCW introduced Hart. Having only just signed him I think it was smart to have him involved in one of the bigger matches at Starrcade, but not have him wrestle until the following month on a PPV which needed boosting more. It was post-Sold Out they fucked it up. I don't think they should ever had him join the NWO at least not as quickly as they did.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Mr Kennedy as Vince's son.

Also, imagine if Bret Hart actually came back at Wrestlemania 22 instead of the HBK/Vince match being a dragged out dicktease of a squash match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't see a problem with how WCW introduced Hart. Having only just signed him I think it was smart to have him involved in one of the bigger matches at Starrcade, but not have him wrestle until the following month on a PPV which needed boosting more. It was post-Sold Out they fucked it up. I don't think they should ever had him join the NWO at least not as quickly as they did.
Should've left him out of that match, it wasn't his storyline, it was Sting's. Also, why the hell was Hogan booked to have so much offense? Didn't make no sense for the guy who was kicking the shit out the nWo on TV and ending PPVs and yet he can't do much against cowardly heel Hogan.

Now, if only the screwjob was a work and Bret showed up to face McMahon at Mania 2000 when his WCW deal expired. Those buyrates would've been huge.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Daniel Bryan not being in the Royal Rumble this last year is by far the most ridiculous thing I can think of. Even after the fact and as much time that went by, I still think about how badly Rey was booed being number 30. Regardless of what the plan was....imo it was a horrible decision not having him participate.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Daniel Bryan not being in the Royal Rumble this last year is by far the most ridiculous thing I can think of. Even after the fact and as much time that went by, I still think about how badly Rey was booed being number 30. Regardless of what the plan was....imo it was a horrible decision not having him participate.
Why? Was ultimately the thing that got him into a Mania mainevent.

Not like it was some masterplan, but Bryan should be thanking the creative team and Batista for giving him such sympathy that the audible had to be called and he was hotshotted a Mania moment.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I disagree with Bryan in the Rumble being a "could have been" moment because the outcome was the same either way.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Even though the outcome was the same, it still felt like a let down. It would be like Stone Cold never being entered into the 98' rumble when he was as on fire as he was. DB will likely 'never' have that momentum again, and it was simply a lost opportunity. Even with the main event at Wrestlemania being what it was, i would have love to see DB when the Rumble and have Batista 'placed' into the match. Batistas win is super forgettable, and the most memorable part of that Rumble was how loudly Rey was booed for being number 30.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I get what you're saying, I just don't think it qualifies as a "coulda been" because we know exactly what would have happened. I guess at most we could speculate what they would have done with Batista if Bryan won instead.