What could come of CM Punk's return to the dark side?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Anyone else think he'll come out with a new title design soon?

Edit: Posted this without reading the above posts, damn I was ninja'd.

I actually bugged my one wrestling-fan friend about this before. lol She had mentioned that Cena did the current design when he had the title at one point. Therefore, I thought that meant when someone new got the title, they could design it how they wanted to. Ever so often I would ask her when Punk might get to do a new design, but I finally quit asking. lol It's the little things like that I'm still trying to get the hang of. ;) Those things that don't really come up that often or don't seem to be explained, with the why, when, how, etc.

Mainstream87 said:
I still love the bit where Michael Cole thanks everyone for joining them at the end of the PPV, and Punk just screams "You're Welcome". Hah many classics.

He really does have a ton of hilarious classic moments. I've said it before, but I think I could pretty much sit and listen to him talk all day. Gotta' love how smart and witty he is.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
GrammarNazi82 said:
I actually bugged my one wrestling-fan friend about this before. lol She had mentioned that Cena did the current design when he had the title at one point. Therefore, I thought that meant when someone new got the title, they could design it how they wanted to. Ever so often I would ask her when Punk might get to do a new design, but I finally quit asking. lol It's the little things like that I'm still trying to get the hang of. ;) Those things that don't really come up that often or don't seem to be explained, with the why, when, how, etc.

Basically, WWE change it when they want money. The main reason it's not changing is because this title sells well IIRC on wweshop. Punk has mentioned many times in interviews (and so has Cena) that both him and John have tried to get it changed but WWE have been putting it off. According to reports a new one has been designed or is currently in design, so we might see one soon. But yeah, the champions don't get to request any title designs or anything. The only thing they get is their name written on the current belt, lol.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:

Certain wrestlers design their own belts. This is just for story purpose most of the time (read Crayo's post above me). The last few times this has been done it has more often than not been heels.

Edge redesigned the spinner to look more personalized for him and also to separate it from Cena who he had just finished feuding with.

Miz also redesigned the spinner, partially to appease his own ego and partially to piss of Cena. His was more simple with just turning the W upside down so it would spell M.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nice read, Punk as a heel will be very interesting and I'm sure we'll still get great matches with him as a heel. I'm looking forward to his run as such, and I'd love to see a new belt soon.