What can TNA achieve in 2008?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
I just wanted to see what you guys thought TNA will be able to do next year. Reaching WWE's level is a long shot in definately isn't going to happen anytime soon although I'd like to see it happen and with 2 hours that's something crossed off my TNA wishlist and with a quite successful 2007, 2008 could be TNA's biggest year yet.

With stars like Robert Roode, AJ Styles and Kaz all in line for a world title push it should push some new blood into the ME rather than the same old faces and Christian's face turn also brings the possiblilty of several fresh feuds as well as the signing of Booker so thee is no telling what is around the corner for TNA.

As for the Tag Division it looks like MCMG will come out on top of their feud with Team 3D who should soon be leaving if they really are going to WWE (praise the lord) and off that feud it should push MCMG into title contention. With other teams like LAX, The Steiners and AJ and Tomko the tag division is full tothe brim with avalible feuds and with the Rock and Rave Infction too lurking around the tag division it is set to be a good year for this part of TNA.

Now moving onto the X-Division this has to be the most unpredictable of all the aspects of TNA moving into 2008. With the Team 3D feud still going on it is almost inevitable the Jay Lethal will get his title back unless Johnny Devine wins it from him and once that feud is over there is a whole range of possiblilies for TNA to go with the X-Division. With Senshi soon to go and Daniels getting fired and most of the others X-Divisioners joining the tag division or getting pu8shed it doesn't leave many stars but it opens a whole new door for stars who deserve a push towards the X title. With Johnny Devine on the end of a push it looks like he will be the first to go for Jay Lethal's title but there is also Petey Williams who could be fresh with a heel turn who may also be a contender for the title. Another name to throw into the mix is Sonjay Dutt, I personally wouldn't like to see him hold the title but I think it'd be cool if he got a shot or two at the title anyway. There truly are several different ways to go with it in 2008.

Last but not least is the Knockouts Division. With a whole range of knockouts already in TNA as well as Shelley Martinez also entering the fray soon with LAX it gives a lot of choice for possible feuds. With no-one knowing what way the Gail/Kong feud will go and who will come out with the title it gives TNA quite a bit of planning time for the future. With talented knockouts such as Jackie Moore and ODB also there, they could also be possiblilties for future contenders but I can see the Kim/Kong feud going a long time and another thing is what are TNA going to do with Kong because all of her matches what aren't against Gail Kim are pretty much all squashes. Weakenining her will make her look bad but how it currently is makes everyone elselook bad so TNA will have to think quickly about that one but I still give them credit for showcasing the knockouts and putting WWE's Women division to shame and hopefully they keep that up in 2008.

What do you guys think then?

dstebbins

Reaction score
I can't see the post. Can someone tell me what it says?

JHar888

Reaction score
Well...I can't read the post, but I can read the title. I think that TNA will bring in more top guys, and maybe even gain a bigger fan base and higher ratings this year. Maybe they'll do something to shock the world.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Get the ratings up to at least a 2. And deliver an all around better product.

Reaction score
How about lowering the ticket prices for there ppv. I mean front row seats are like $150.00 dollars a pop?:Lighten:

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
TNA is a solid product. All that remains to be done is get more people watching. The game coming out next summer will definately get the name out, but aside from that, they need to start hitting the road for their PPVs.

They need to sign Sandman now that he's floating around the Independent circuit. He's still got a few years in him and people love him.

vickymania

Reaction score
rather than signing new people,TNA should promote what is there in their roster..recent pushes to KAZ and Roode r good..they can try Main eventing Booker against Cage and Angle..Nash and Joe r right now doing a ok job..as far as Judas is concerned,IDK..

Reaction score
I want TNA to take a big gamble with Bound for Glory in 2008. I mean really try to fill a larger venue. Something modest like the RBC Center here in Raleigh or a comparable arena. Anywhere from 8-16,000 seating would be ideal. I'm not trying to suggest they'll do it without breaking a sweat. I think it would be a great litmus test to see how big the product is. If 2,000 show up, ok, try again.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
They can try and sign a few ex-wwe superstars that were good on wwe

Sieben

Reaction score
I think the next BIG step for TNA is to take Impact live and on the road. They outgrew Orlanduh well over a year ago.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I think the next BIG step for TNA is to take Impact live and on the road. They outgrew Orlanduh well over a year ago.
Yes and no. There still isn't big enough of a fanbase to fill up an arena. They need to continue hitting the road for house shows. Their pretaping two or three weeks of iMPACT!s gives them enough time to do this without overworking the superstars. Fanbases in their usual arena cities will grow, and maybe in a year they'll typically fill enough to warrant live shows there.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Giving Styles the title again? I loved it when Styles won the title awhile back. Also, I would love to see them pull off a Hardcore title of some sorts.

gashface

Reaction score
Gaining fans around America and the world, through house shows.

Possibly taking impact live.