What are your most favorite WWE video games of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
My obvious favorite has to be a tie between WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain and Smackdown Shut Your Mouth(both on the PS2), along with the very first Smackdown game(on PS1) and Smackdown 2: Know Your Roles being behind HCTP and SYM. All of these great WWE games had no limitations at all in their gameplay. You can even put WWE divas in Elimination Chamber matches mixed with male wrestlers. That's how much fun the older WWE games were and I just missed those days.

It's too bad all of the previous WWE games have sucked so bad. 2K15 has got to be the worst WWE game I've ever played. 2K15 had too many damn limitations on what you can do. You can't create female wrestlers and you can't even create Chris Benoit as your CAW because you'll get banned from the 2K Sports online game service for it. That's how bad the most recent WWE games have sucked.

Anyways, what's your favorite WWE game?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
SmackDown 2. Kitchen fights were the best.

Nick

Reaction score
Either Smackdown 2 or Smackdown Here Comes the Pain

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
WWF Warzone, GOAT mechanics of all time

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
ones from my childhood because everything was awesome then and everything sucks now

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I haven't played any new wrestling games in a long, long time. Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth is literally the most recent one I've played, and that one was over ten years ago that I played.

I still say No Mercy on the N64 is the king. I used to be obsessed with that game, especially with the Royal Rumble match they made you play through at the beginning of WWF Championship mode and how I'd always try to break my record of eliminations each time I played it.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I haven't played any new wrestling games in a long, long time. Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth is literally the most recent one I've played, and that one was over ten years ago that I played.

I still say No Mercy on the N64 is the king. I used to be obsessed with that game, especially with the Royal Rumble match they made you play through at the beginning of WWF Championship mode and how I'd always try to break my record of eliminations each time I played it.
I remember WWF No Mercy on N64. You can even do a Royal Rumble match backstage in that game by adding the falls count anwhere pin option to eliminate them. lol

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
SvR 2008 and SD: HCTP were ace. Indeed I have fond memories of them because I played them when I was younger, maybe if I picked them up today they wouldn't seem as good to me, but still. I haven't played 2k15 yet, don't really have the time anymore, so I won't bury the new games or anything.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Besides SYM I'd say WM21 on the original Xbox was pretty fun from what I remember.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
A smackdown game on an old playstation 1. My brother and I would be Kane & Undertaker, and we'd fight one of the divas in a 2-1 handicap, falls count anywhere, no DQ match. Great times.

37837-WWF_Smackdown!_[NTSC-U]-6.jpg

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Here I go showing my age yet again. I would have to say my favorite ever is the Royal Rumble on the Super Nintendo. Now, there are much better games than this now and I likely will play the new ones more than this, but I'll always remember this game. The previous game Super Wrestlemania was pretty terrible. I was working at Six Flags at the time and I was a few days before turning 18. I knew it was coming for months since I had always bought every issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated back then. I picked it up in the morning, worked an 8 hour shift at work and just sat there looking at it as I waited for my bus. It was such a thrill for me to have a game where Ric Flair was a playable character. I actually forbade anyone else from playing him :)

My best friend at the time and me played this game every day for months. Since they didn't have champions, we bought a dry erase board and did that ourselves. If there has ever been a video game I definitely got my money worth from, it was Royal Rumble. I still play it a few times a year 22 years later.

Reactions: Leo C

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's not WWE related, but pro-wrestling on the NES would have to be my #1 fav wrestling game.
4b8.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's not WWE related, but pro-wrestling on the NES would have to be my #1 fav wrestling game.
4b8.gif

I still play this one. My favorite is The Amazon. I love making him chew on his opponent's head.