What’s the point?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Brand pride. Who’s the better champion. Bragging rights. Who’s gay. Who’s straight. Who’s bisexual.

Crash

Reaction score
Disagree. It’s one PPV where it proves who’s the better champion on a show and one time where you get to see the “best” Fromm both shows collide.

Okay, fair enough but there is no story-line or build to the matches. I have had zero interest in this PPV since they made it RAW vs SmackDown.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
There are no stakes and the matches are meaningless. They shouldn't have done it.

But they are continuing to run all the current brand inclusive storylines instead of Raw vs Smackdown taking centre stage and ruining the product completely

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Okay, fair enough but there is no story-line or build to the matches. I have had zero interest in this PPV since they made it RAW vs SmackDown.
Well that part I agree with: as of now, there’s no story with the matches. However, the point of the show is to put champion against champion, the best against the best, who wins?

Hopefully they start to build more meaning behind the matches in the next few weeks.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Well that part I agree with: as of now, there’s no story with the matches. However, the point of the show is to put champion against champion, the best against the best, who wins?

Hopefully they start to build more meaning behind the matches in the next few weeks.
Champ v champ but really they are exhibition matches that don't matter

Reactions: Crash and Koko B.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Champ v champ but really they are exhibition matches that don't matter
“That don’t matter” is a little subjective. They matter to me on the basis of having the best fight the best. I like seeing King Kong vs Godzilla. I like seeing Freddy vs Jason. Who are you to say that doesn’t really matter?

Last edited:

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Warrior vs Hogan meant something- one man held two titles. It’s not unification. Isn’t Night of champions meant for this card?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Warrior vs Hogan meant something- one man held two titles. It’s not unification. Isn’t Night of champions meant for this card?
Night of champions is all champions defending their titles. Survivor series is brand vs brand, champ vs champ. Who’s the best?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
“That don’t matter” is a little subjective. They matter to me on the basis of having the best fight the best. I like seeing King Kong vs Godzilla. I like seeing Freddy vs Jason. Who are you to say that doesn’t really matter?
Because from previous years we can see that it means nothing lol. No stakes. No storyline development

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
One could argue that Survivor Series has a history of not having a point. I mean, it was created because Vince signed too many wrestlers and it was a way for him to get the most on TV that he could. The first four only had elimination matches. It wasn't until 1991 that they finally put a title match in it.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I have no problem with crossbrand for Survivor Series

But I think if Bragging Rights the PPV was still around we wouldn't have so many people and superstars upset and it would have made more sense