Were you a fan of the Call Me Maybe craze back in 2012 ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I was, I liked the song when I heard it on the radio for the first time in the spring of 2012, I didn't know who Carly Rae Jepsen was at that time. My only exposure to it was on the radio when I kept hearing it repeatedly, then I saw Justin Bieber on an episode of Ellen DeGeneres and he was the one who introduced Carly Rae Jepsen for the first time on TV in America and that was the first time I saw her perform it, then I said "So that's the girl that I keep hearing on the radio every day" I not only liked the song but I liked the bangs hanging from her forehead and the long straight hair down to her shoulders and was really pretty and the first time I ever heard or seen of her was through some silly bubble gum pop song that had a stupid name and stupid lyrics but it was the beat that I fell in love with, that made me wanna keep singing along to it and dancing around to that bassline every time it came on. Then not long after that EVERYBODY else was doing the same thing, numerous parodies, sing alongs, karaoke versions, remixes, dubs, memes and covers of of Call Me Maybe by millions of people were popping up everywhere on YouTube, television shows referenced it, the radio was playing it nonstop, all of the live performances of it with Carly returning specifically to do it live etc. It was out of control, it's no wonder she hasn't been able to top that song. The popularity of it was ubiquitous !!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't find the song disturbing but I find the YouTube commends disturbing...
"I miss the good old times"... This song was from 2012, that is SIX years ago... "good old times".... SIX YEARS AGO.

I never liked it though. Not my kind of music. It sounds like something written for 12 to 16 year olds. Maybe if I was younger I would have liked it? Maybe? MAYBE....I'll stop.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't find the song disturbing but I find the YouTube commends disturbing...
"I miss the good old times"... This song was from 2012, that is SIX years ago... "good old times".... SIX YEARS AGO.

I never liked it though. Not my kind of music. It sounds like something written for 12 to 16 year olds. Maybe if I was younger I would have liked it? Maybe? MAYBE....I'll stop.
Yeah I agree with you there, 6 years was nothing to me, I'm a lot older than that song, I'm 26 years old right now and Carly Rae Jepsen was the same age I am right now when it came out. She was actually older than how she looked or what she sounded like.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you there, 6 years was nothing to me, I'm a lot older than that song, I'm 26 years old right now and Carly Rae Jepsen was the same age I am right now when it came out. She was actually older than how she looked or what she sounded like.
That could explain things. The song they had her sing seems like something a 16 to 20 year old "pop singer" would sing. So she is 32 now?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Never liked it, not my kind of music whatsoever but then again most pop isn't. The memes did get a little old after a while because they just got overexposed. It kinda ran the song into the ground in a way I think. It became a meme song.

I feel like the exact same thing is going to happen with This Is America. Which kinda sucks since that is a better song IMO.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
No I was in the Gangnam Style craze in 2012.
200.gif

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of the song, but I was a fan of the video The Maimi Dolphins Cheerleaders did.

Reactions: Red Rain

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
So then you only care about songs in other languages whenever they're already popular?
Only the mainstream stuff that was popular in its heyday are the ones that I like, so yes. I'm more into hip hop and r & b and pop music and occasionally rock and roll with a little bit of gospel music. And songs from television and movies.