Week 1: Boondocks vs Baller

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
Open Challenge

Haven't had a good battle in a while so I'm laying out an Open Challenge.

1 HOST(PM ENTRY TO HOST-DO NOT POST IT HERE OR ANYWHERE ON THE SITE UNTIL THE BATTLE IS OVER)

1 Challenger
5 Judges

Theme: Up to Challenger
Size: 400 x 150
No Gifs or Animation of any kind.
No Artist name placement - must have text IWF GFX LEAGUE

StaticX

Reaction score
I accept!The rules are freestyle...I'll PM you my entry!

SnackZ

Reaction score
I got your PM man but like I told you the size is supposed to be 400x150. IT clearly states the rules in my challenge, all you have to state is the theme, ie: diva, tna, wwe, HOF, music, sports, etc... Whatever theme you choose has to follow the guidelines I stated in my original post.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Do ya really? Well then...What the hell is the theme? Freestyle is not a theme. Be specific.

StaticX

Reaction score
Sorry dude I cant battle...dont have time anymore...if you wanna battle with a size of my choice then I can do!

NooDLE

Reaction score
If ~TK~ isn't going to battle, I'll take his place. And to make it fair... someone else set stips for this.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Just set the theme Nazi - follow the rest I put and just set the theme. Please?

NooDLE

Reaction score
Theme : Favorite Wrestler

Ill have mine done tomorrow.

Baller

Reaction score
Boondocks is the home debater and may choose which side he wants first. He has 24 hours to choose, or it becomes a free for all.

Debaters you have till Sunday at Midnight to debate the following topic, good luck:

Who is the bigger asset to professional wrestling right now, The Rock or John Cena?

The Boondocks

Reaction score
Apologies on not picking, I've been without internet for a few days. I'd like for you to go first, and you can choose since I missd the 24 hour period.

Baller

Reaction score
I will be selecting the Rock, and I will post my opening argument tomorrow after work. If you want to post you can at any time. Good Luck!

The Boondocks

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I am actually glad I get John Cena, considering the only time I've ever seen Rock in the WWE was this comeback. So here I go.

Although both men are a great asset to the WWE, John Cena poses as a larger and more iconic figure in Sports Entertainment today. The two main points I'd like to touch on for now are his fan interactivity and his devotion to the company.

First, John Cena loves his fans. Sure, the IWC, for the most part, may hate him. But that is only a small fraction of the fans of the WWE. Say the ENTIRE IWC went to one show. My guess is that would be around 200,000 people. Think about how many other people show up to see them. There are millions and millions of fans worldwide who watch, and most of them love John Cena. This man knows this, so he panders to them. He gets the cheap "I love 'enter city name here'" pops, yeah. What face trying to stay over doesn't (E.g. R-Truth of his rapping days)? He wears bright, family friendly t-shirts, hats, arm bands. Many, many kids around the world shell out $20 on WWEShop.com to get that same merchandise. He makes the company money by being a fan guy. His jokes are corny, which thoroughly entertain children, and even some [slow witted] adults. Yes, Rock may pander to his fans, but he does so at a lower lever, and not nearly as efficiently as Cena. (And via Satellite...ha)

Secondly, his love for the WWE is a whole is much stronger than Rock's. A perfect example is last week on RAW, when he stated that he may hate Vince McMahon's guts, but he comes to work each day because it's what's best for the company. He knows he's the staple superstar on the RAW roster, and he tries his best to do them proud. He takes plenty of house shows and puts his heart and soul in the ring in every one of them. Although rumors swirl about him taking time off, think about the last time he did have a break. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was when he got neck surgery in 2007? He returned at RR 08. Meaning he's been going for over 3 years straight without an extended break. The Rock left the WWE, leaving it on John's shoulders, might I add, in 2003, only to make minor appearances and a "return" here in 2011.

That's all I will touch on now, waiting for Baller's response, and saving my other points for possible retaliations.