Week 1: 6Timehitta vs NoMoreSorrow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

New PPV Concepts

The PPV would be titled Gold Rush, and the concept behind it, is that all the championships would be on the line. Here is the kicker. None of matches will be announced before hand. It would be interpromotional and drawn at random. (but not really) I think this would add value to the championships, and also give it that unpredictable feeling, with a chance for upset, what the wwe has been missing imo. It would also have the Champ vs Underdog feel to it. A card would look like:

World

Taker vs Edge

This is the big time main event. Basically giving people their moneys worth

WWE

Cena vs Carlito

A start to push carlito past mid card. A matchup i've been waiting for. The Superman cena would likely win, but only fuel carlito harder in his quest for the championshp

US

Beniot vs Nitro

A clash of styles, that would produce a great match.

IC

Umaga vs King Booker

Partly for comic relief. Booker would be kissing longs ass for a title match but backfires against Umaga. Bookers face push would continue with this match.

ECW

Lashley vs MVP

Lashley's winning, and theres nothign we can do about it.

WWE tag

Hardys vs WGTT

Just a solid tag matchup

World Tag

London Kindrick vs Cryme Tyme

I dont know why i picked this match. Theres no other tag teams.

Womens Melina vs Maria

Heel vs face

Chavo vs Supercrazy

even matchup

Let the wrestlers in teh ring tell the story, do you think a PPV like this would work? I do, although i doubt the wwe would actually do it. Some of these matches have recieved some critisms, although i think they would work. Their non big 4 ppv are generally pretty bad. I think this would be a turn in the right direction

Did you want to see 3 months of rematches?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
It's a good idea but I think WWE would have a hard time selling a PPV that doesn't have any matches announced before hand

Montana

Yea, but how much money would they really "lose" if the ppv didnt sell. I mean if they wanted to really sell it, announce one Hellin a Cell, One Tag TLC, and one submission match or something.

Even if it did have bad ratings the first year, if the ppv delivered there is DVD sales, and next years show would have higher ratings.

OK, i tried actually picking names at random, and it didnt work too well. Heres what i came up with:

Cena vs Edge
Taker vs Jeff Hardy
Lashley vs Shelton
Beniot vs Dreamer
Umaga vs Carlito
Chavo vs RVD

not bad, but nothing classic. We've seen cena edge more than a few times. Taker hardy has been done. I could see a carlito umaga fued in the future.

xtremebadass

I think you should rename this as Make Your Own WWE PPV, because that's what I am doing...

WWE Road to Glory

WWE Championship
John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Edge

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

ECW World Title
Lashley vs Benoit

WWE Tag Team Championship
Ladder Match
Brian Kendrick and Paul London vs RVD and Sabu vs Hardys

World Tag Team Championship
Cade and Murdoch vs Cryme Tyme

United States Championship
MVP vs Finlay

Women's Championship
Melina vs Mickie James

Intercontinental Championship
Marcus Cor Von vs Umaga

Shelton Benjamin vs Carlito

The Icon

Reaction score
WWE Apocalipsis
WWE Championship
No-DQ
Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Shawn Michaels
World Heavyweight Championship
Hell in a Cell
The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit vs. Batista
ECW World Championship
Extreme Rules
Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam
World Tag Team Championships
TLC Match
The Hardy Boys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team
WWE Tag Team Championships
London and Kendrick vs. Deuce and Domino
Intercontinental Championship
Umaga vs. Carlito
U.S. Championship
MVP vs. Finlay
Women's Championship
Wet and Wild Match
Melina vs. Mickie James

Montana

Great cards fellas. Wet n wild. Nice.

In my opinion each PPV should have its own concept. Much like Royal Rumble, WM, King of the Ring, Survivor Series and Cyber Sunday (Yes Cyber Sunday, its actually a great idea, but the wwe does it completely wrong) If not a concept, its own speciality match like New Years revolution should be the Elimination chamber. With that being said, Road to glory, there could be some Gunlet match the weeks before the ppv, to set up the #1 contender or something. Apocalypses could feature like a death match, stretcher match, or last man standing type match to end a major fued.

xtremebadass

yea actually have every ppv have a meaning unlike a mindless ppv with an average card...lockdown, now that has a concept

Kaedon

Reaction score
Holy random PPV's Batman. However the only REALLY GOOD match on there is Edge/Taker.