• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im not referring to his schedule, he's there pretty much every week. Im referring to the fact that rarely is the big belt dropped or swapped on a whim. AND CONSIDERING THEY JUST FUCKING DID THAT, they arent going to do it again. Add to that, HBK said he doesnt want or need the title anymore in interviews so yeah, Jericho is going over.

phantomgerald

It should not have been for the title. It just seems to me like they just forgotten that Batista, JBL and most importantly, former champion Punk. What has HBK done to warrant it? It makes sense from a storyline standpoint, but they should have Y2J drop the belt quickly before they continue this feud.

Christian

Reaction score
It should not have been for the title. It just seems to me like they just forgotten that Batista, JBL and most importantly, former champion Punk. What has HBK done to warrant it? It makes sense from a storyline standpoint, but they should have Y2J drop the belt quickly before they continue this feud.

i think this will be the one to end the feud with jericho going over. if they were going to do something like that, theyd have like jericho vs. punk with michaels coming out and costing jericho the title or some shit.

Airfixx

Im not referring to his schedule, he's there pretty much every week. Im referring to the fact that rarely is the big belt dropped or swapped on a whim. AND CONSIDERING THEY JUST FUCKING DID THAT, they arent going to do it again. Add to that, HBK said he doesnt want or need the title anymore in interviews so yeah, Jericho is going over.

I guess we'll FUCKING(*) see, but considering this is the second 'cheap' title change in a row (which according to your logic CAN'T happen) I don't see how you can be so confident that "they won't do it again".

(*Jeeez, chill out, man! :roll: )

Regardless of whether HBK says he wants or needs the belt, I think it's fair to assume if he was asked to carry it for a mont or two he'd be willing to oblige (I think the the key to the HBK/no title biz is that whilst it allows HBK a more flexible schedule, it mainly offers piece of mind for Vince that he doesn't have to pander to at least ONE of his mega-stars by guaranteeing them title reigns every so often.)

Wild Rover

Reaction score
I think HBK will beat the living tosh out of Jericho, leave him lying in a heap like at Unforgiven, then look up at the belt and walk out. Leaving Jericho to come around and realise the belt is still there for grabs.

HBK gets to serve his "justice" again whilst Jericho gets to keep the belt for a bit of a run. Hopefully going on to beat Batista next.

Airfixx

I think HBK will beat the living tosh out of Jericho, leave him lying in a heap like at Unforgiven, then look up at the belt and walk out. Leaving Jericho to come around and realise the belt is still there for grabs.

Well if that IS what transpires, that could be a a really cool finish! (Just a shame they wouldn't have JR in the booth to sell such a moment via his commentary.)

Kaedon

Reaction score
I guess we'll FUCKING(*) see, but considering this is the second 'cheap' title change in a row (which according to your logic CAN'T happen) I don't see how you can be so confident that "they won't do it again".

(*Jeeez, chill out, man! :roll: )

Regardless of whether HBK says he wants or needs the belt, I think it's fair to assume if he was asked to carry it for a mont or two he'd be willing to oblige (I think the the key to the HBK/no title biz is that whilst it allows HBK a more flexible schedule, it mainly offers piece of mind for Vince that he doesn't have to pander to at least ONE of his mega-stars by guaranteeing them title reigns every so often.)

Lol chill? I am chill, Im a naturally intense guy, especially when it comes to something I feel passionately about. We can debate whether or not I should be so passionate about this some other time.

Im not saying it CANT happen, anything can happen, but I'm saying not only shouldnt they, because it would shit all over the credibility of the title, the WWE really dont have too much of a track record of just shuffling the big title back and forth. Its not without precedent, but its not a common thing and usually when it happens, it happens with a purpose.

Airfixx

Lol chill? I am chill, Im a naturally intense guy, especially when it comes to something I feel passionately about. We can debate whether or not I should be so passionate about this some other time.

Im not saying it CANT happen, anything can happen, but I'm saying not only shouldnt they, because it would shit all over the credibility of the title, the WWE really dont have too much of a track record of just shuffling the big title back and forth. Its not without precedent, but its not a common thing and usually when it happens, it happens with a purpose.

Admittedly, the safe money is on Y2J winning the ladder match at No Mercy and I completely understand and share your concern over the credibility of the title although I'd argue seeing as Jericho did fuck all to win it it's perfectly plausible to see him drop it or even see it exchanged a few times between him & an evenly matched opponent i.e. HBK. IMO it (the title) is kinda reeling from the last few months already and I'm not entirely sure the usual drill of 'creating' a few contenders over the coming months, having Y2J retain X amount of times before dropping the belt to X face when the time (hopefully) is right will be enough to re-solidify the prestige to the level that it, up until recently, had... IMO theres an opportunity here to do something a bit more radical and maybe do a little more for the prestige/value to the belt.

Great One

Don't forget JBL wanted a feud with HBK before he retired, hence his move to Raw in the first place. Also, we haven't said a decently drawn out feud of HBK vs. Batista yet.

Travis40

For a second during that promo, I thought that it would be Y2J/HBK in HIAC at No Mercy. I hope this is the main event...I'm buyin the PPV for sure now.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I was wishing for a Jericho/HBK match for the title... but this soon. This is honestly the best feud of this year but every great feud needs a lil break inbetween and I thought it would happen this month. I don't see HBK winning this, surprisingly, I actually see him getting hurt... again. And Jericho will drop the title, leading up to *crossing my fingers* an Ironman match.

chessarmy

I hope it isn't a disappointment. I felt that their match at Unforgiven was overrated by many, it really wasn't that great. Hopefully they pull out something special for this ladder match. It should be awesome though, I might actually order No Mercy to see it

Robert

Reaction score
Maaan. I cant wait. What a big match for both men. This match is definately going to elevate both their legacys.

I already know I'm going to feel my adrenaline like in every live HBK match.

No Mercy!!!!!!!!!! Main Event. ITZ ON BABBBBBBBBY.

Austin_316

Reaction score
I can't wait. I have been waiting for a proper bloody match between these two for ages despite the amount of blood lost from HBK's eye during their first match. This ladder match will be (hopefully) the match of the PPV and because HBK is a legend i want him to win.