WCW: World Coalition of Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score

GardsWCoW.png

Backstory:
The WWE wanted him to retire at Judgment Day, a second rate Pay Per View, he wanted to retire at Wrestlemania 24, he go what he wanted but it did not come without a fight. Ric Flair, one of the biggest names in the business and 16 time world champion, ended his WWE tenure art Wrestlemania 24, but that was not the end of his wrestling tenure. One year later, another veteran who had wrestled for the WWE for years had a retirement match coming. At first the plans were for him to retire at Wrestlemania 25, in his home town. Shawn Michaels was then neglected for a boring match between Vladimir Koslov and The Undertaker in which Koslov was put over beating the streak of the Undertaker, this decision came from Vince McMahon just minutes before Wrestlemania was scheduled to go on air.

Many feel after these decisions that Vince had lost it, many superstars were not happy with what went down as they were kept in the dark the entire show until the match. Michaels was kept off the card despite his request to retire. This angered many including the veterans in the backstage area and most importantly, the man whom he retired on screen, Ric Flair. This means that Michaels would not retire on screen until Judgment Day, although required otherwise breaking a contract he would not attend the event in which he was meant to be retired by Vladimir Koslov. Once again alot of people were not happy with the way this happened but not many people spoke up except for one man. That man was Ric Flair, he spoke up on his old boss and revealed secrets from backstage in a shoot interview.

This did not go down well with the WWE and despite what he had done for the company, he was wiped from most of the online records. This sickened a lot of people who were angered with this display of disrespect. After Judgment Day, it was announced that Shawn Michaels had left the company on bad terms with the McMahon Family but only a few of the backstage wrestlers. He then had to wait 90 days before contacting any other company but, that was not what he wanted to do. He wanted to try his hand at running his own company but this was just a pointless idea he had in his head. He knew that there would be no-one rich enough to back a new company with big names in the company. This all changed however as he got one fate filled phone call.

It turned out over the next month, one man had the same idea and he was one of the Wrestling Legends in Ric Flair, he made the call to Michaels or now by his real name in Michael Hickenbottom. As he had copyrighted his name, he was still able to use his wrestling name. Flair proposed the idea and he knew that he could secure some larger sponsors for a new company. He knew that they both had the name power and the knowledge of the business and that they could secure some bigger contracts. Flair and Michaels both met on many occasions including contacting those stars of the larger companies to try and persuade them over to the company. Perhaps the best news for them would be this thought.

Randy Orton and David Batista today have been released from World Wrestling Entertainment as of the 7/6/09. We wish both men the best in their future endeavors.

Now rumors started exploding over the internet but the truth came out when both men made a press release at least 1 month after their release. The claimed that the reason they were released was that they were to spend the night in prison and WWE did not like that sort of publicity, especially with the new kids aim. Also adding that they had been contacted by both Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels and they were now happy to announce thqat they will be taking part in the WCW. Some people questioned that acronym as it was owned by the WWE but that was quickly resolved as it was said to be World Coalition of Wrestling. This prevented any name rights to be had.

Many other superstars started to leave the WWE as they could to join The WCW but many were not able. Some did not sign new deals while others handed in their resignations but many were denied while others accepted. Unhappy with being treated badly backstage or misuse of their characters WWE superstars flocked to the company while AJ Styles and Kurt Angle made their way over from TNA. Although money was not the issue, Flair and Michaels had decided to stay in the one arena throughout their television tapings. This was to save money to keep paying the superstars but one thing stood in their way, the no compete clauses on the contracts of the former WWE Superstars.

They put this time to good use trying to secure a Television Deal and an arena to put on the tapings in. Finally they managed to secure a deal on the NBC network on a 9:30PM to 11:30PM for a Saturday Night time slot as they also managed to hire the American Airlines Arena in Miami to host their television tapings despite the very large arena. They were ready to go, the date of their first show would be March 27th. The first showing of Voltage.

Roster:
The Psycho
Randy Orton

All Star Athlete
Kurt Angle

One of a Kind
Rob Van Dam

Loud Mouth
Mr.Kennedy

Guru of Greatness
John Morrison

The Enforcer
Batista

Simply Phenomenal
AJ Styles

Hooligan
Brian Kendrick
Paul London

Silverback
Mark Henry

High Flyer
Matt Sydal

Boxing Legend
Elijah Burke

Celtic Warrior
Fit Finlay

Samoan Monster
Umaga

Underdog
Rey Mysterio

Cool
Carlito

Worlds Greatest Tag Team
Charlie Haas
Shelton Benjamin

Rednecks
Trevor Murdoch
Lance Cade

Mexicool
Supercrazy
Psicosis

PPV's
Savage Intentions(January)
Lethal Injention(March) (Home of the Lethal Injection match)
Wrestle Craze(May) (Largest PPV of the Year)
Whiplash(June)
Breakaway(August)
Ring King(September)
Pride(November)
Carnage(December)

Championships
WCW World Championship: Vacant
WCW Minor Championship: Vacant
WCW Tag Team Champions: Vacant

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Gards with another BTB. That's unheard of :shifty:.

Anyways Tards- I mean Gards, this looks alright, and you may be able to make something of this (surprisingly :p). It was an interesting backstory to say the least, but you have shown that you have a brain in that thick head of yours (very deep down in that thick head I might add), but anyways, good luck, and for once, stick with something.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Mcmahon really did it, he's out of his mind! lol....

A bit interesting backstory there Gards and lol WWE still can sue you by using the WCW acronym just like what the World Wildlife Fund did to them to change their name to WWE.

Anyways... good luck with this...

seX-Power

Fuck you, sticking with me for our partnered BTB would have been much more ftw.

The backstory is too long for me to bother to read, and the roster looks alright I guess.

I guess it only took you a few days to get back into BTB after ditching me, wow I never thought someone like you could go through BTBs so quickly. :rolleyes:

There's no use saying I hope this fails, it will anyway. :gun_rifle:

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
WCW:
VOLTAGE PREVIEW

Saturday Night will be a big one as the newest wrestling show to hit the business will make it's debut. With many stars on the roster it is sure to be a big one beginning with the announcement of Voltage's own General Manager. Nobody is said to have much of an idea so you will just have to tune in to find out.

Also on the show, we will be seeing two teams go at it from the tag team division. These two teams have never competed against each other before but on Saturday Night it will be a first. Tune in to see the Redneck Wrecking Crew take on the Team of Supercrazy and Psicosis, the Mexicools.

Confirmed Matches

Supercrazy and Psicosis vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch

-------------------------------------------------

(Not much of a preview because I do not want to give that much away.)​

CT Styles

I think this will take a similar route to your others..

A four line preview? More effort needed; surprises or not.

Lets hope the show's got more effort in it than the preview.

seX-Power

Gards, tbh, I don't think that preview motivated anyone to read the show. If anything, it could have deterred people. I mean what would they think? If you're too lazy to even build hype for your own show and construct an adequate preview, than what will the show be like? It doesn't seem like it would be very good right now at all. Bad start to the BTB tbh, makes me feel it will just end up like all the other ones.

Evil Austin

That preview right there was just like the previews of all of your recent BTB's one or two liners and they don't preview anything besides the fact that you are having a show. It doesn't make people want to read the show it doesn't draw people in, in fact it doesn't do anything. All we know is that you are going to have a bunch of suprises.

You could have done it a whole lot better and you know that, hopefuly though your show will live up to the hype that you didn't make.

The Rated R CMStar

Well, I don't think there's much to comment on it besides that I have no idea what will be happening on the show, and since that is what you were aiming with the show, you nailed it. I do think you should have maybe teased the surprises in telling us in which context we might see them, but nonetheless, it isn't as bad.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
GardsWCoW.png

Voltage
As we open, we go straight into a video package with highlights from both Shawn Michaels and Ric Flairs career. We start with the 16 time world champion starting off with each of his title celebrations in shown in rapid succession as we then go into his more classic moments. We are shown clips of his time with the four horseman before we go into the faithful moment of Wrestlemania 24, we see Shawn Michaels hitting Sweet Chin Music on Flair as we close the video package of Ric Flair and go onto Shawn Michaels. Many of the classic moments of Shawns career are shown from the splash from the top of the ladder onto Razor Ramon to the Ironman match with Bret Hart. We then see a boyhood dream package with Michaels coming down on the zipwire at Wrestlemania.. We then go into a second video package.

Narrator: Two men had a dream to revolutionize wrestling.

Shawn Michaels is standing there in a suit.

Narrator: Two legends in the business.

Ric Flair is now shown as he spins around in a classic Ric Flair sequined Robe

Narrator: The best of the best were chosen and it is time for them to show their full potential!

Both Randy Orton and Batista are shown standing side by side in their wrestling gear.

Narrator: The superstars that will be the future

Matt Sydal, John Morrison and Mr.Kennedy are all standing side by side.

Narrator: Former Tag Team Champions

The Mexicool, Worlds Greatest Tag Team, London and Kendrick and Cade and Murdoch are all shown.

Narrator: The Underdogs

Rey Mysterio is now shown on his own as he smiles.

Narrator: The International Superstars

Umaga and Finlay are both shown as they both have their signature poses

Narrator: The Phenomonal One

AJ Styles is shown as he taunts in his hooded jacket.

Narrator: An Olympic gold medalist

Kurt Angle is now shown as he has his gold medal around his neck.

Narrator: One of a Kind

Rob Van Dam is shown now.

Narrator: A Boxing Star

Elijah Burke is now shown

Narrator:
A Silverback

The Worlds Strongest Man, Mark Henry is now shown.

Narrator:
And a cool one...

Carlito is now shown as he takes a bit out of his apple

All: This is Wrestling.

All of the pictures now show up one by one flashing quickly before finishing on the World Coalition of Wrestling Logo.

As we enter the American Airlines Arena, at the top of the ramp, a set is set up with a lighting bolt above the ramp and Titantron, we then see pyro shoot up out of the ground as we are welcomed to the first showing of Saturday Night Voltage.

Todd Grisham: Welcome to the first showing of Saturday Night Voltage presented to you by the World Coalition of Wrestling. This crowd is going crazy tonight as they seem to be very excited for tonights showing, so please welcome my partner, Matt Striker.

Matt Striker: Thanks Todd and as you said, this crowd is going crazy, I can hardly hear myself think. But the reason we are all here, is because of Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair, two icons of the wrestling business bring to you this broadcast.

Todd Grisham: That is right, both want to put on a great show for all you wrestling fans and tonight is sure to be a big one. We have many big matches lined up for you with the talent we have signed.

Matt Striker:
That's right Todd and this is going to be a great night of wrestling from start to finish so why not get it un...

I'm Back begins to play throughout the arena as the crowd instantly start to boo as the commentators looked perplexed as the video of Eric Bischoff plays on the titantron. The man himself walks out onto the stage as the crowd instantly start to boo as he struts to the ring with a smile and a microphone in one hand. He climbs into the ring as Todd Grisham and Matt Striker are still perplexed.

Eric Bischoff: You know, this spot, could of gone to anyone backstage but instead, I am back. And I am better then ever.

The crowd start to boo Bischoff who just smirks.

Eric Bischoff: Well this is how it goes, I am going to make some matches for tonight and the winners will face each other at Whiplash for the World Championship, so tonight, it will be Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio.

The crowd start to chant Mysterio as Bischoff brings the microphone back up to his mouth.

Eric Bischoff: OH and who else may I say. Lets go with 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles taking on, lets say, The Samoan Monster, Umaga.

The crowd give a pop for AJ Styles but starts booing Umaga who is competing against him.

Eric Bischoff: Now, those matches should do well for tonight but there has to be something else that I am out here to say. Oh yeah, I will be the General Manager of this brand for years to come but all of the decisions I make will be for y...

The crowd start to cheer Bischoff and what he is about to say.

Eric Bischoff: Actually, no that is not right. All of the matches and decisions I make will be for one person, Eric Bischoff. I don't care what any of you think, I will make myself happy when making these matches and the rest of the talent backstage, they will just have to put up with it.

The crowd boos as Bischoff has a large smirk on his face.

Eric Bischoff:
Tonight will be the biggest show that has ever been produced in the American Airlines Arena and it will be big I can assure you. We have already had something that has made history, my return to professional wrestling.

The crowd give heat to Bischoffs arrogance.

Eric Bischoff: Now, I am going to leave you with that.

I'm Back hits again as the boos flow in from the crowd as Bischoff climbs out of the ring and walks up the ramp as we go to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

Mexicool hits the arena as both members of the Mexicools come out riding there Juan Deer mowers. The commentators both welcomes us back as we see the Mexicools entering the ring with the help of the Steel Ring Steps.

Showtime hits the arena now as both members of the Redneck Wrecking Crew make their way to the ring as the crowd give them a large amount of boos. The commentators put these guys over as they may be the future tag team champions.

Match 1
Redneck Wrecking Crew(Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch) vs The Mexicools(Supercrazy and Psicosis)

The match starts out at a fast pace with the two smaller men take advantage using there speed to take control over the two big men. The tables turn however at the 4 minute mark in the match as a missed suicide dive takes the wind right out of Supercrazy. Cade and Murdoch give him no time to recover though as they use quick tagas and power moves to work over their smaller opponent. They both use illegal tactics as a few times Supercrazy looks close to making the tag to his partner but everytime to no avail. At one point in the match, Supercrazy reverses a scoop slam attempt to try and get to his partner scampering to his side of the ring until, Lance Cade grabs his leg and pulls him back. The end came as Supercrazy reversed Powerbomb attempt into a hurracarana before making the hot tag to his partner. This allows the Mexicools to take advantage as Psicosis uses his Lucha Libre style with large dropkicks and springboard moves to take advantage. Psicosis went to the top rope to attempt his signature moonsault but as he was climbing up, he was caught from behind with a hard forearm from Murdoch, who grabbed a waist lock before throwing him back with a german suplex from the top rope. Murdoch got the pin as Cade kept Supercrazy from the ring.

WINNERS: THE REDNECK WRECKING CREW

Todd Grisham: That was a great back and forth match, an early match of the year candidate and a great way to kick off the WCW. I would like to see a replay of that German Suplex from the top rope.

Matt Striker: I am surprised he did not get severely hurt.

A Replay is shown of Trevor Murdoch hitting a huge german suplex from the top rope as the crowd boo.

Todd Grisham: That was a huge maneuver, well I am being told we have The Worlds Greatest Tag Team standing backstage with Josh Matthews.

---------------------------------------------

Josh Matthews: Thank you Todd and as you just heard, I have the Worlds Greatest Tag Team in Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas standing to my right.

The camera pans in as the crowd start to boo.

Josh Matthews: Now as we just saw, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch seem to be a big problem for any of the teams in the Tag Team division, what are your thoughts on that?

Shelton Benjamin:
Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are nothing but two men, who get by on brutality and not just wrestling skill like the two of us. We do not use all these power moves, we use our wrestling talent to win. That is why we are the Worlds Greatest Tag Team and former tag team champions.

Charlie Haas: We are both former Amateur wrestlers. The Two best athletes in the entire WCW. Nobody can stop us, we have the talent and the skill to beat any team in the tag division.

Josh Matthews: Speaking of the Tag Team Division, tonight Charlie, you go one on one with Brian Kendrick of the Hooliganz and I have been told by Eric Bischoff that Shelton and Paul London will both be banned from ringside for the match.

Charlie Haas: I don't need Shelton to be ringside to beat this.. this kid. He just flies around the ring so all I have to do is keep him grounded and I will easily win this match. My Talent as one of the Worlds Greatest Tag Team Wrestlers will prevail as will my experience.

Josh Matthews: Well...

As Josh starts to speak, both Charlie and Shelton walks away from the scene.

-----------------------------------

We then go elsewhere backstage where we see Batista and Randy Orton talking backstage but we can't seem to pick up what they are saying.

Commercial

Todd Grisham: Welcome back to the first edition of WCW Voltage, before the break we saw a mysterious confrontation between Batista and Randy Orton in which we could not hear what they were saying.

Matt Striker: Well I can guarantee it was some kind of business deal.

Don't Waste My Time
Hits the arena as Elijah Burke makes his way down to the ring to a large amounts of boos, he carries his towel in one hand. The commentators put him over as a boxing superstar as he steps into the ring.

Learn to Fly
hits as Elijah waits in the ring and Matt Sydal makes his way to the ring as the crowd cheer the young high flying superstar. The commentators put over the style of this young superstar as he and Burke both are in the ring.

Match 2
Elijah Burke vs Matt Sydal

The two men look to lock up as they circle the ring, the match begins at a slower pace as Burke has control for the first 2 or 3 minutes until Sydal hits a high flying dropkick to take advantage. His advantage continued for just over 4 minutes until Burkee hits a hard dropkick followed by a few closed fist punches pounding him onto the mat. The two men have been evenly matched so far until the ending came when the two men seemed to have used their all. They both slowly get up after a Sydal dropkick which knocks them both to the ground. They trade punches but Burke, with his Amateur Boxing background takes advantage and whips Sydal into the corner before going for the Express but to no avail. Sydal goes for a quick roll up which also gets a near fall. This brings Sydal to keep working over Burke with various springboard and high flying moves. As Sydal climbs up to the top rope, Burke proves he was playing possum towards the end of the match as he quickly got up and run up behind Sydal and started hitting hard shots. Matt was able to use his kicks however to force Burke to the mat before delivering the Shooting Sydal Press.

WINNER: MATT SYDAL

As Matt Sydal celebrates in the ring, from behind Elijah Burke taunts for him to turn around after recovering from that Shooting Sydal Press. Sydal turns right into Burke who hits a kick to the midsection before grabbing a front face lock and lifting him up. He then falls to the mat and falls over Sydal hitting a huge brain buster and crumpling Sydal up into a small little package as the crowd boo.

Todd Grisham: That was a sick move made by Burke right there, blindsiding Sydal with that devastating move.

Matt Striker: What was that move anyway.

Todd Grisham:
I have no idea Matt...

--------------------------------

Josh Matthews: Please welcome, my guest at this time, he is the man competing against Rey Mysterio tonight, Randy Orton.

The crowd start to boo as the camera moves over to where Orton is standing.

Josh Matthews: Randy, tonight you face Rey Mysterio in a match where if you win, you will get to compete for the WCW Championship at Whiplash.

Randy Orton:
I am not worried about facing Rey Mysterio, I am the Legend Killer. I am the man that has taken both Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair out of the game for at least 4 months at a time. As far as I am concerned, Mysterio is just a bump in the road as far as I am concerned.

Josh Matthews: Well, earlier in the show we say you talking to your former partner in Batista, what was it about?

Randy Orton: It was a business deal that you have no business sticking your nose in.

Josh Matthews: Well I am sure a lot of people want to know.

Randy Orton:
Well you will find out later tonight.

Josh Matthews:
Why don't you just tell us now.

Randy Orton: Shut up...

Josh Matthews: Oka...

Randy Orton: I said Shut up.

Orton now walks away from the scene leaving Matthews speechless.

------------------------------

We then go into a locker room as we see AJ Styles tying up his boots as he prepares for his match with Umaga and that match is coming up after the break.

Commercial

Tribal Trouble hits the arena as 'The Samoan Monster' Umaga makes his way to the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd. The commentators put over the size of the man as well as the fact he is from Samoa as he climbs into the ring.

I am hits the arena as 'Simply Phenomenal' AJ Styles makes his way to the ring playing to the crowd with his usual hooded jacket on. The commentators start playing on the fact that he has a great style that the fans like to see as he climbs into the ring.

Match 3
Umaga vs AJ Styles

AJ goes right after the bigger man as he starts pounding away trying to keep the match at a quick pace as he tries to use the ropes to his advantage. He manages to get Umaga wobbling but this does not last long but when going for a running crossbody, he is caught by Umaga and slammed to the ground. This begins the big mans reign of dominance as he uses his strength to keep Styles down. The 'Samoan Bulldozer' locks in a nerve hold at one point in the match making the arm of his opponent numb. AJ starts to fight back now as he users kicks and a springboard dropkick to send Umaga down to the mats on the outside of the ring. With his speed he manages to slowly recuperate before running the ropes and leaping over the top rope and hitting a huge somersault senton onto his Samoan opponent. This keeps both men on the outside as the two are down and the referee starts to count both men out as AJ climbs into the ring but Umaga does not seem to be moving on the outside. As Styles climbs into the ring, the referee calls for the bell as he climbs out of the ring and throws up the X as Umaga looks seriously hurt.

WINNER: AJ STYLES

Todd Grisham:
Umaga looks seriously hurt.

Matt Striker: That he does.

Todd Grisham: Well lets have another look at what could of possibly knocked Umaga out cold...

A replay is shown of the Somersault Senton as the commentators are still worrying over Umaga, then we see a slower replay seeing the leg of Styles hitting Umaga square on the head and driving it into the mat.

Commercial

Todd Grisham: Welcome back to WCW Voltage and before the break we saw Umaga take a sickening fall and during the break he was stretchered out of the arena.

Matt Striker: Which means, AJ Styles is the first man to go into the Whiplash Main Event.

Todd Grisham:
That he is. Who else will be in that match, well tonight we will find out at least one person in Randy Orton or Rey Mysterio.

Worlds Greatest
hits the arena as Charlie Haas makes his way from out of the curtain and to the ring. The crowd boos as the former amateur wrestler makes his way to the ring much to the disdain of the crowd who boo the man.

Rocker hits to the arena as Brian Kendrick comes sprinting down from behind the curtain as the crowd cheer for the young man from Orlando. The commentators put him over as a high flyer as well as the mismatch in styles for this match.

Match 4
Brian Kendrick vs Charlie Haas

Charlie Haas immediately goes after Brian Kendrick to start off the match but the smaller man uses his speed to his advantage. He works over the arm of Haas with arms bars and arm wringers before going to the air which causes his downfall in the match. As he goes for a springboard, Haas manages to hit the ropes causing Kendrick to crash and burn on the outside of the ring. Haas takes the advantage throwing Kendrick in the ring as he works over his opponent with various submissive maneuvers before using his speed to drop both knees and elbows to the chest of Kendrick. Winded Kendrick tries to fight back as he hits a hard dropkick to the chest of his adversary. Haas fights to his feet first as the crowd boo but Kendrick is quickly back up as the crowd try to rally him as they cheer him on. Kendrick attacks Haas first and lays into him as both men seem exhausted. As Kendrick lays into Haas with forearms he cops a knee to the midsection and then the back of his head gets planted as he slams him to the mat using his hair. Charlie then lifts Kendrick to his feet and then gets him in a scoop position only to be hit with a shot to the head from the forearm, he drops Kendrick who quickly grabs him around the neck and attempts sliced bread #2 but he gets pushed off by Haas and hit with the Total Haastilty before making the pin and getting the win.

WINNER: CHARLIE HAAS

As World's Greatest hits the arena, Shelton Benjamin makes his way to the ring with a smile as Haas tries to get to his feet with the ropes.Benjamin climbs into the ring as Haas looks at him, Shelton walks over to Kendrick and slaps him across the back of the head as he is getting up. Shelton then pulls him up then grabs him around the the neck and falls back and slams him to the ground and hits the paydirt slamming him to the ground as Paul London runs to the ring. Both Haas and Benjamin clear the ring as London slides into the ring.

---------------------------

We go to a backstage segment with John Morrison walking angrily down the hallway and then knocks on a door as a voice calls come in as Morrison walks in. We see Eric Bischoff sitting there as Morrison walks in.

Eric Bischoff:
Welcome to WCW Mr. Morrison.

John Morrison: Cut the small talk Bischoff, look, how could you leave this off tonights card. You will just see when the rating comes in that it was a missed opportunity.

Eric Bischoff: Well John, as much as I want to believe you, you just won't bring in the ratings by yourself. As far as I am concerned, you are just a performer like anyone else. But since you have such a good argument, I will give you a match next week.

John Morrison: Against who?

Eric Bischoff: And if you win, then you will be in a match at Whiplash for the WCW Minor Championship.

John Morrison: And who will be stepping into the Palace of Wisdom to face the Guru of Greatness.

Eric Bischoff: Well, that will just have to wait till next week.

John Morrison does not look happy as he walks out of the room as Eric smiles to himself.

Commercial

Todd Grisham:
Welcome back to the first edition of Voltage, if you just tuned in then you have missed one hell of a show.

Matt Striker: That they have Todd, we have had everything in this show from injuries to sick moves.

Todd Grisham: That is very true Matt and we still have one match to come.

Voices hits the arena as the crowd erupt into a loud amount of boos as Randy Orton makes his way out onto the ramp and does his signature taunt before going to the ring. The commentators put him over as Sadistic and a Career Killer.

Booyaka hits the arena as the crowd go off as Rey Mysterio makes his way to the ring as the crowd go into a frenzy. Mysterio plays to the kids in the crowd clapping hands and getting close as the commentators put him over as a fan favorite.

Main Event
Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton

The two men get off to a slow start as they lock up and Orton tries to uses his weight and height advantage pushing Rey to the mat. Orton uses various headlocks to keep Rey grounded in the first minute of the match but it backfires as Rey hits a big kick to the legs of Orton and hits a tornado DDT with the aid of the ropes to slam him to the mat. With his speed, Mysterio keeps advantage of the match as he hits a few moves using the ropes while others with pure athleticism. Orton then takes the advantage as he takes Mysterio down with a picture perfect dropkick to the face of Mysterio as he bounces off of the ropes. Rey slowly gains his feet but Orton seems to pounce on him as he tries to wear him down with tightened rest holds as Rey gasps for air. Orton uses his knees to his advantage as he drives them into the side of Rey. Mysterio tries to fight back at one part in the match but it is to no avail. He tries to fight to his feet as Orton holds on tight to the headlock as Mystyerio feeds off of the cheering crowd and manages to hit a hard elbow show to the midsection before running the ropes and hitting a flying forearm. Rey starts to build momentum and then drop toe holds Orton onto the ropes before looking to hit the 619 when I walk alone hits the arena as Mysterio stops. Batista comes running to the ring as he slides in and tries to hit a right hand on Mysterio but the referee gets in the road as he gets knocked down. Rey then starts attacking Batista with kicks to the leg but Batista just pushes him to the mat as the crowd boo. Batista then grabs the neck of Rey and hits him with a chokeslam backbreaker as the referee recovers and Orton makes the pin for the win.

WINNER: RANDY ORTON

Randy Celebrates in the ring as Batista points at Rey with a stern look on his face as we go off air.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Mah Review:

Video Package: This is well done, opposite to what you did to your preview tehe... the start is good but then it gone random at the end... lol... why Carlito was introduced last...

Eric Bischoff: I believe this is the very first show of Voltage but his promo is a bit rushed. He never did the good old Bischoff cocky introduction then he quickly announced some matches... lol... but then you managed to show his arrogance at the last part of his promo. Theres the feeling that this show is not your premiere show if you know what I mean.

Tag Team Match: When you try to announce this match in your preview, I really thought you're going to push the Mexicools by beating the Rednecks but then I was wrong as from the looks of it, they are jobbers. I also believe, Super Crazy is the one who do the moonsault while Psicosis does the leg drop as his signature move but then correct me if I am wrong lol...

WGTT Promo: Nothing special to it... but it gives something and it shows that this team could be our next tag champs!

Burke/Sydal: By the looks of it, I think you're starting to make a feud here... Once again, I was wrong with my predictions and Sydal pulls out the win. Damn! You made me pull out of "the Boxer" on Elijah Burke, I thought he will be having a push but this is just the first show... lol..

Orton: Hmmm... Is this an Evolution Reunion???

Umaga vs. Styles: Once again.. nothing to say much in this match... You just made Umaga hurt lol... Well... This is your first show... there could be some storylines to pop in with this match.

Kendrick/Haas: Well... know I can see WGTT to be a potential contender for the Tag titles tehe...

Orton/Mysterio: Good match... yeah I mean it... lol... the ending is a bit predictable with what you did to you promo.

Additional Feedbacks: Tbh, this is not one of the best shows that I've read from you. Well, atleast I get anticipated with one of the storylines that you are trying to build. Nothing to comment more but I am looking forward on the progress of it. Good Luck with this!

seX-Power

So, you dirty little koont. Here's your review.

The video package is a nice little way to start (lol Gards has a little package) but I feel it's unnecessary, and adds nothing. Carlito as the last guy is lolz, you usually end with the franchise man. Interesting commentary combination, but I don't like Grisham. Striker and Cole would pwn, with Cole making mistakes and Striker correcting them. Anyway, the show opens with Bischoff, a good idea. Opening virtually straight into snnouncing some matches is very meh, you could have just put these into the preview to make it more exciting. Bischoff seemed off, and the part that was meant to be cocky seemed blocky and out of charachter. Your first match follows and I like the new name for Cade + Murdoch. The match itself is a good length but I'm going to give you the same advice I got for my first show and that is to focus less on just going over action, instead recap the action and put more emotion into the matches, how short they may be. The match itself? Ehh. Alright but just use the advice I gave you. Nice match size btw.

WGTT promo follows and it was meh, and that's going by their very very very milited promo skills. Shelton spoke like a smark and the lines were generic. I don't know if they were face or heel or anything, the lines could have been said by anybody. Match should be okay, and tghe tag division in your BTB seems solid. Evolution reunion? It's been done. Next match is Sydal v Burke and I must say, don't plan out the time thier offense takes, writing 'Burke dominated for 3 or so minutes' seems kind of cheap and a way to pass time. Just write the endings of the matches if you want to do this. Again, more emotion is needed. I didn't like Burke being jobbed to Sydal, you could have used someone else to be fed to him. Ooh, Burke gest his retribution after the match. Feud plz, even if it is a cop-out way to start one.

Proof read your promos, reading the Orton one there was some phrase repetiton and grammar mistakes. He started off a little shaky but at the end strayed away from his charachter, getting snappy which I don't generally see from him. Umaga getting injured in the next match seems pointless, unless you are pushing Styles as some sort of ruthless injuerer, then I see no point in using Umaga just to write him off with an injury. The Haas/Kendrick match is next and the result was predictable due to the previous promo. I see a feud between these two teams after SHelton came out post-match and took out the former THE. Morrison promo starts off randomly, almost so much that it is funny. WCW Minor Championship is a shitty name btw, makes it sound like a plastic belt for toddlers. The promo was alright, either man could ahev been more heelish though. The Main Event follows, which was an alright match with the expected Evolution reunion to close. Batista attacking his former good friend is good booking tbh, feud between them plz.

Overall, this show was meh, not the best of yours. The matches were alrigth recaps but they need more emotion and storytelling, and less play-by-play. The promos were pretty bad on a whole, and need overall working on. I'm looking for improvement.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
As I said in seX's thread, I have been pushed for time lately, so I will merely comment on your matches and promos in general, as well as the things I did not like and the stuff that I did like.

Matches: First off, it was a very weak way to start off a new company wrestling wise with a jobber match between the RWC and the Mexicools. Two upper midcarers head to head would have been a better choice IMO, but anyway, I hope you break Cade away from Murdoch and give him a push as a singles star. Onto the second match between two of my favourites in Sydal and Burke, and I am glad that you gave Sydal the win. Push plz. Third match between two of my favourites as well; Umaga and Styles. The two differing styles would have made this a great match IMO as AJ can sell greatly and Umaga is one of the most agile big men in wrestling today, and even though you had AJ go over, I hope that you push both men, as they deserve it TBH. Continue this feud over the hopefully renamed 'Minor' Championship. Kendrick and Haas would have been great to see also, as it looks as though you are really putting some thought into the Tag Division with WGGT blasting the RWC earlier, and now seemingly including Londrick into the mix, with the deserving man getting the win. Wouldn't London enter the ring earlier though instead of letting Benjamin hitting Kendrick with the Paydirt instead of waiting until after he hit it? And lastly, the main event, and it was a good match on your part, as it enhanced the obvious reunion of Evolution (which James also did -_-) after the promo, and Orton and Batista are a force to be reckoned with in WCW. The aftermath of this match was way to short IMO, and I think you just wanted to hurry up and finish the show so you put a one liner.

Promos: Bischoff starting off the show was somewhat of a surprise but the right decision for a General Manager IMO, and you have had him book some good matches here. Oyeh, you said years to come, will this last even one month? -_- Anyway, onto the post first match promo with the WGGT, who look to be the first WCW Tag Team Champions, and if you do make them the champions, I will love you forever. One year reign plz (even though this won't last :p). This was rather short though, but Shelton is not that good on the mic anyway. Once again, a short promo here, but you have no excuses since Orton is an amazing promo worker, but him and Batista should have an amazing partnership in the Evolution Reunion. Flair as manager TBH. There should have been a promo in between the Umaga/Styles and Kendrick/Haas match, as the show seems to be lacking in promos, which have not been too great to be brutally honest. The final promo between Bischoff and Morrison hypes next week, but once again, it was WAY too short, and the Minor Championship needs to be renamed NOW.

Final Comments: Overall Gardsy Wardsy, it was a sub standard show IMO, and even though the matches were somewhat good, the promos weren't and were very short. The Batista and Orton tag team is good and I look forward to see where you go with this, but the two major things that come to mind whilst reading this show are the promos and the Minor Championship, which sounds like it will be treated like dog shit in the future with a name like that. I will be reading and reviewing the next show, even though it will probably be a week or two late :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.