WCW "The Sins of Vince McMahon"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAMCRO

Reaction score
WCW: "The Sins of Vince McMahon"

The wrestling world was shocked when on January 1st, 2009 it became official that Shane McMahon has left the WWE company. Rumors flew on why it happened as Shane has meetings with UFC about possibly becoming a part owner in the mixed martial art empire. Vince McMahon and the WWE let the resignation go without a real explanation on its reasoning but soon it would come to light in a very public way.

On February 12, 2010, tabloid news agency TMZ broke the sex scandal story of the McMahon family. Thye uncovered that Vince McMahon had an affair with his son’s wife, Marissa Mazzola. This was the reason that Shane resigned from the WWE as he tried desperately to keep it a secret and save his family.

The scandal had more effects as Linda McMahon’s US Senate campaign was ruined and she was forced to drop out amiss the chaos. She decided that she has had finally enough of Vince’s headaches and filed for divorce after 43 years of marriage. Shane followed suit after the public outing of the scandal was too much to take and filed for divorce himself. The two together decided there was only one person to blame for the heartbreak and that was Vincent Kennedy McMahon and the only way to get back at him was in the wallet.

Most divorce experts predicted that Linda and Shane would walk away with most of their respected marital assets due to the affair but the two decided that wasn’t the way they wanted to do it, they wanted to beat Vince at his own game. They wanted to run the WWE out of business, not win it in a court case.

Linda and Vince settled out of court and soon the pro wrestling aspect of the settlement came to light. Linda listened to Shane’s advice and walked out with what the son wanted. They were the following five things.

1. All WCW and ECW related items. Vince is able to keep everything with the WWE brand .

2. Any WWE employee have 30 days to decide on who to go with. They can choose to keep the contracts with the WWE or have the contract taken over by the new company.

3. The no compete clause for any wrestler that stays in the WWE, will be waived if the wrestler ends up going to the new company later. If they go elsewhere it would be still in effect. This clause will last for one year.

4. They will get half the pay per view contract with Direct TV and cable companies. Blocking an attempt of a “black ball†by the WWE. The planned pay per view schedule will be split in half.

5. They get the rights to “Smackdownâ€. While the WWE gets to keep the name, everything else involved in setting up the show goes to the new company. This means the HD equipment. international television contracts, the MyNetwork TV contract, the props, the moving trucks and all the equipment to put on the show.

Vince laughed at the offer, saying they weren’t going to destroy the company that he built but after a meeting with his army or attorneys, in which they told Mr. McMahon that if the case would go to a judge, he would lose a lot more, Vince signed the deal . He promised that he was going to run them out of business within in a year and that Linda would become a horror story to divorced women everywhere.

The jolted McMahons had everything they wanted to start a new professional wrestling company, more then any other company has ever started with. They went to put together a team of people that will make it number one in the world and by the list of enemies that Vince has made through out the years, they had a lot of candidates.

Although both McMahons came out out of their divorces with a good chuck of money neither was willing to invest 100 percent in their new enterprise. This is when the two made a trip to Montana to talk to ex-WCW owner, Ted Turner, Turner had always been a fan of pro wrestling and was still upset watching WCW fall apart after his selling of Turner Broadcasting. He agreed to invest money in the new company, becoming a part owner. They then flew half-way across the world to the home of Australian millionaire promoter, Andrew McManus. They promised him tours of Europe and Australia under his AMP promotional banner as icing on the cake for his investment. But McManus had one stipulation, he said after helping produce two tours of professional wrestlers, he saw what happens to many of them that is past their prime. He suggested in allowing the wrestlers to be full time employees with the company and given proper benefits. The McMahons agreed to the idea and felt that is something that should have been done for years. They set up a wrestler benefits department and McManus came aboard, giving the company more then enough money to be successful.

The company put the money to work as they put together a dream team of wrestling experts like Paul Heyman (head of creative). Gabe Sabots (creative writing), Jim Ross (talent) and Jessse Ventura (wrestlers rights) to run the new company. The experts decided instead of going with a new name that the company will bring back the WCW one since it was known to a majority of wrestling fans. Now it was time to assemble a roster.

Superstars that felt they have fell out of favor with Vince was the full to jump ship as Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Mickie James and Shelton Benjamin was some of the first to sign on with WCW. People began to speculate that they wouldn’t be able to land big stars even with the money and giving wrestlers benefits but that changed in one move.

John Cena made the announcement that he was leaving the WWE for the new WCW in a move that shocked everyone. It was rumored that people close to Cena thought staying with Vince and WWE would heart his image that he has worked so hard to obtain. This opened the floodgates as more main eventers followed his lead.

Heyman and Ross topped off the rosters with a raid into TNA and bringing in some top notch free agents. Everything was going to plan for their 2010 summer debut of the new WCW.

Roster

John Cena

Chris Jericho

Edge

Kurt Angle

Jef Hardy

CM Punk

Christian

Samoa Joe

James Storm

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Mr. Kennedy

John Morrison

Bryan Danielson

William Regal

Santino

Dolph Ziggler

Jack Swagger

Shelton Benjamin

Zach Ryder

Chris Sabin

Alex Shelley

Mickie James

Gail Kim

Angelina Love

Victoria

Candice Michelle

Ashley Massaro

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Nice backstory man. It was believable, made sence, and the show seems off to a good start. Will be following along this one here.

When you said Cena left to protect his image, what image is that exactly?

Kizza

I'm assuming his kid friendly squeaky clean image, not tainted by Vince being a manwhore. Nice story, and it's refreshing to see a BTB not filled out with indy darlings.

Axis

I liked the backstory except for all the people jumping ship. You gave good reasons for some, but others like Cena, Jericho, and Edge just seemed forced. Hopefully you keep up with this, good luck.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I have a question. Why don`t you write your BtBs under your actual account?

SAMCRO

Reaction score
This is the first account I have had on this forum. My girlfriend's ex had an account on here before we got together. I saw this site on the favorites still and signed up. Either him or his brother was automatically logged in on here when I first got on last night and I didn't think it would be alright if I used one of their profiles, so I made a new one.