WCW - The New Millenium

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DANTE savage

Reaction score
D-1349.logo2.jpg

The year 2000 will be remembered as the worst in WCW history. Once the titan of the wrestling business, WCW had plunged into a maze of bad booking and bad business deals. Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff returned in April 2000, to create a "new" WCW, but it was not to be. From the first "dawn of a new era" Monday Nitro it was clear it was just another failed regime.This BTB is all about that new era, what if Russo and Bischoff had'nt failed, and they had turned WCW around? That is my exact intention in this BTB, taking place in WCW April 2000.

WCW Monday Nitro Preview - April 10th 2000 - The Dawn Of A New Era!
Forget everything you've heard as the new regime of Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo will arrive in WCW this monday night, and WCW will never be the same again!
Get ready for a new era in WCW, as these two monster personalities turn WCW upside down! What wll happen? noone knows, but the wrestling world for sure will never be the same again! What will the ramifications be for the WCW roster, only one thing is for sure, nothing's for sure!
Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff are coming...get ready for the dawn of a new era!

Feel free to comment on this. This era is very personal to me, as I lived through it. I was excited about the beggining of Russo and Bischoff's new era, but WCW, being WCW, fucked it up as usual. I hope to chnage the course of WCW history with this BTB, and feel free to come along for the ride!

The Leviathan

Reaction score
nice info... let's see how things will go.. can't wait to see on how you will work for it. I am checking it out!

DANTE savage

Reaction score
Thanks for the interest, I am in this for the long term and have some great ideas forming in my diabolical mind lol, hopefully I don't dissapoint.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
good to see you have an interest to make this one on a long term! I really hope you could make this one of the most consistent BTB's here, how 'bout you post the roster you're going to use.
Cheap Plug: Check out my own BTB, HEW.... lol...

DANTE savage

Reaction score
cool man, I checked it out and left some feedback cos I'm that sort of guy lol.

Okay, here's the World Championship Wrestling roster from April 2000...

WCW Roster: (April 2000)
Asya
Bam Bam Bigelow
Big Vito
Bill Goldberg
Booker T
Lash Le Roux
David Flair
Diamond Dallas Page
Disco Inferno
Doug Dillinger
Hulk Hogan
Jeff Jarrett
Jimmy Hart
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Major Gunns
Mona
Ric Flair
Scott Steiner
Sarge
The Wall
Sid Vicious
Stevie Ray
Sting
Torrie Wilson
Billy Kidman
Brian Adams
Bryan Clark
Bret Hart
Buff Bagwell
Chris Candido
Chris Kanyon
Daffney Unger
Crowbar
Don Harris
Evan Karagias
Hugh Morris
Johnny Stamboli
Kimberly
Lance Storm
La Parka
Lex Luger
Chavo Guerrero J.r
Madusa
Mike Awesome
Miss Elizabeth
Ms. Hancock
Norman Smiley
Rey Mysterio, Jr.
Ron Harris
Scott Hall (convalescing)
Shane Helms
Shannon Moore
Vampiro
Mike Awesome
Raven

Actually I will be posting who I am releasing soon, as there is some god damn dead weight on this roster. I am extremely serious about making this a sucess, I am a massive WCW fan, so this is indeed very personal to me. Everybody knew Russo and Bischoff for shitty swerves and shoddy WWE-esque booking and shitty shoots. I hope to make my WCW known for cutting edge storylines and great booking, I am determined to say the least.Thanks for the feedback so far Leviathan, hey, you like Batista, me too lol, pitty we're pretty much alone lol, bdw your HEW is friggin awesome, check out my comments.

The Ripper

Reaction score
Good roster, but there is a few that could be gone. Just as long as you dont bring in wrestlers that wont have been around then it should be good.

DANTE savage

Reaction score
Good roster, but there is a few that could be gone. Just as long as you dont bring in wrestlers that wont have been around then it should be good.

Naw, they would all be there, I got this roster from the WCW computer game at that time. Thanks for the comments, and I don't plan to bring in guys from other eras, that would be cheating lol I wanna make this era suceed:clap:

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Great start it looks like... The roster's rather large though, hope you trim it down from 55 to about 35/40...

By the way... Is it only Nitro your going to write out? Because Thunder only dragged WCW down & it would be pretty hard to write both of them!

Hopefully you can fullfill your promise of being a big time booker here & continue this for a while, afterall you at the moment could be the only active WCW BTB! Good luck & can't wait too see your first few shows.

Check out ECW Nitro!

DANTE savage

Reaction score
I am the only WCW BTB on here lol, I can't think of another one. Well dude (fatal 55) I guess I should answer your points.

The WCW Roster - I will be dropping some dead weight cough, Jim Duggan, cough, and it will be pretty trimmed down, but not unrealistically.

Nitro and Thunder - Yes I will be doing Thunder, as it was a WCW show at the time. It won't be too hard, just two two hour shows, it would be as someone writing Raw and Smackdown. I plan to make Thunder great too, this will be a new WCW for sure!

thanks for the comments man

_xcellence_

Reaction score
Looks good, with a good roster and backstory. I hope you are able to do what bischoff and russo should have.

DANTE savage

Reaction score
Official WCW Monday Nitro Preview

This week the wrestling world changes forever as Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff will take WCW by storm! What will be the ramifications of this takeover?

WCW starts over, with nothing sure besides the fact that nothing's for sure! We do know that all WCW's biggest stars will be in the building, but we don't know what they are in store for!

Russo and Bischoff have told sources to expect a WCW where anything can happen, a brand new company, with a new focus, new direction and the goial to become the most dominat force in proffesional wrestling!

You don't want to miss 2 unpredictable hours of new WCW action!

bischo.jpg

THE BISCH IS BACK!

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Nice preview, I am really checking out your first show, let's all see how will Russo and Bischoff works this out!

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
This is going to be very interesting. I cannot wait to see what kind of off the wall matches and feuds can start. Myabe see some old inovative WCW matches come back! I will definatly be keeping my eye out for this BTB!

cheap plug: Check out the SWA BTB!