WCW Rules Presents: The Last Word in World Wrestling Entertainment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
Now that's what I call a preview lol

WCW Rules

Reaction score
^ Yes, yes indeed... BTW, a heads up for the folks of BTB; my matches' lengths are dictated by a 200 words = 1 minute guideline for Pay Per Views, so if the Royal Rumble itself is about an hour long, prepare yourself for a long ass read...

WCW Rules

Reaction score
PWI.jpg

Pro Wrestling Insider

~ Pro Wrestling Insider is reporting the possibility of an enormous swerve, perhaps the most significant of this era, to occur in the coming months. There are inside rumors that the Royal Rumble, the entirety of the Pay Per View itself, will crank up the gears for such a huge storyline and in time, the machination will come into being once the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour takes place. The entire angle is being kept under lock and key, however, and any leaks are to be presumed either fake or unreliable in the grand scheme of things. Also, Vince has stated that if he finds any leaks or something of the nature, he'll fire whomever is responsible, regardless of their position within the company. Some strong words from Vince, though it seems he'll be keeping much of the angle to himself for the time being, revealing practically nothing to the writers nor the bookers for fear of a leak. This means nothing will be known till the day it occurs.

~ Rumors indicate of a number of returns in the future. Of course, the big one is The Animal, Batista, of whom has been unseen since Summerslam. In kayfabe, Batista was buried alive and in a manner of speaking, his character was killed off for the time being. The true reasoning for his disappearance was he began filming Man Slaughter, for WWE Films. The curtailed sypnosis for the film is as follows;

As a convicted murderer on the loose, Juan Rosa (Batista) must find the man who framed him in the murder of his wife (Eva Mendes) and his son (Lius Armand Garcia) in the hopes of clearing his name, all the while coping with haunting visions of his family being tortured, mutilated, and killed. The Mafia, headed by Gregorio Mucellini (Joseph Siravo) seems to be connected to the murders and to Juan Rosa himself. Crime/Thriller Film and directed by Antoine Fuqua of Training Day fame

The film is scheduled for a June 13th release and is rated R for some language, depiction of rape, torture and killing, strong violence, disturbing images, and drug use. The film had entered post production in December and is on track for release. Once filming had wrapped up, Batista was allowed time off for some injuries sustained during filming, but it appears he'll be coming back sooner rather than later. It's unknown if he'll become something of a vengeful monster upon return, something akin to his Leviathan gimmick in OVW, or if he'll be normal. Another return in the works has Paul Wight (The Big Show) returning in time for Wrestlemania. The plan is for him to be embroiled in a program with Bobby Lashley, the man who defeated him for the ECW Championship just a year or so ago. One other is posed to return soon; Rene Dupree, released for drug problems, is coming back. Vince McMahon is giving him a second chance, and has proposed he team up with Teddy Hart and Maryse to form a tandem known as "The Black Hearts." More info on this soon.

~ The WWE will introduce new superstars and divas in the coming months; reports indicate former OVW Women's Champion, Katarina Waters, aka Katie Lea, will join the RAW roster after the Royal Rumble, in a "Queen of Chaos" sort of gimmick, meaning she'll be prone to causing... well, chaos for the Women's Division. Another female will make her way to Smackdown! this summer; injured superstar Gregory Helms' girlfriend, Jamie Szantyr, known in independent circles as Talia Madison, will debut sometime in June. Her gimmick is unknown as of this time, but sources tell us she'll be Gregory Helms' valet upon his return and will aid in propelling him on the way to superstardom. This is just the tip of the iceberg; reknown Lucha wrestler Octavio Lopez, known in AAA as Cibernetico, will make his official debut sometime after Wrestlemania 24. Taking the reigns from the released Great Khali, Lopez' gimmick will be of a powerful foreigner, and a reliable bird has told us he'll be thrusted into a program with a well established superstar upon his debut. The brand in which he'll debut remains to be seen. Vince sees him as a potent keeper for the Hispanic audience, along with RAW's Carlito and Smackdown's Rey Mysterio. One more is being groomed for the big time; Ted DiBiase's son, Ted Jr., will likely be called up from FCW during the summer to participate in the huge angle, as aforementioned prior. The landscape of WWE will surely change within the coming months, though, judging from this scrap of news.

~ Sources tell us the fledgling Cruiserweight Division, which has seen some negligience in the past few months, will be overhauled, and the title along with it. Remember TNA's World X Cup Tournament back in 2006? Well, the WWE is considering doing something of a similiar manner during the summer, perhaps as a way to freshen up the stale Cruiserweight Division and establish some foundation or weight to the newly created Cruiserweight Championship. This is also part of the WWE's approach of branding an international influence in its product. The WWE will offer seasonal contracts to select wrestlers from all around the world and from independent promotions, and the WWE Cruiserweight Championship will be up for grabs, culminating in a final match at Summerslam. The winner and subsequent Cruiserweight Champion will receive a two year WWE contract. There is no word yet on whether or not the current Cruiserweight Championship will be vacated in order for this occur.

~ Before WWE announces so, we're bringing you, the readers, some news on an all new primetime program produced by the WWE, Smackdown! Vs RAW 2008. The event will air on NBC, replacing Saturday Night's Main Event much like the Wrestling Classic did last year before No Mercy. The scheduled air date for the event is March 15th, 2008, and will take place in the nation's capitol, Washington D.C. The Verizon Center has released a poster for the show, revealing the tagline, "One brand to rule them all." The sole superstar featured on the poster is Randy Orton. Of course, nothing else is known of the event save for the fact it'll be treated as a Pay Per View calibre event, three hours and promoted as such, but will be on NBC. According to inside sources, the WWE is quite high on the card as of this juncture, which has already been finalized. We can only guarantee one match on the card, though, as the rest are classified and have not been released. An eight man tag team match featuring the four Money in the Bank competitors from RAW and the four competitors from Smackdown, confirming a Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania 24, as if there were any doubt. The poster is shown below;

SvR2008.jpg

PWInsider © Copyright 2008

Michael1

Reaction score
Love the news and notes. I'm intrigued about the swerves that will be coming. Can't wait for the Royal Rumble.

Check out World Wrestling Entertainment 2009.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Dude I must say.. Who make's you'r graphic's?? They are amazing.. Also, I can't wait for the Royal Rumble I will be reviewing..

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I do, actually. Oh, and I just received a PM from someone stating I'm ripping a BTB from elsewhere. Um... no, chap; this is me, from there, from here, from otherwhere, and from some other nonsense I can pull from the top of my head. Do not make accusations so hastily, as I've tried to refrain from. (my apologies to you, Diesel)

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Yes, to whom ever pm'ed him.. I believe this is him... Amazing GFX's.. My father really likes you'r Smackdown poster.. PM me if your intrested.. Money can be made here... Really..

Anyway's well can't wait for Royal Rumble.. Will be reviewing..

Michael1

Reaction score
Gonna post my RR predictions since I didn't before!

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JBL, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, and ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and ???
Batista will return and win the Royal Rumble

Triple H Vs Winner of the Number One Contender Match Vs Randy Orton ©
Randy Orton

Bobby Lashley Vs John Cena ©
John Cena

Mr. Kennedy Vs Chris Jericho
Mr. Kennedy

Carlito Vs HBK
Carlito

Victoria Vs Candice Michelle ©
Candice Michelle

Question One:

Which superstar will exceed expectations in the Rumble, but fail to become victorious?
The Undertaker

Question Two:
Other than the Rumble, what will the Match of the Night?
Bobby Lashley vs John Cena

Question Three:
Will there be any surprises in the Rumble? If so, name them.
Batista will return. That's all I got. :p

Question Four:
What forthcoming feuds do you see originating from the Rumble?
The Undertaker vs Batista
Triple H vs Number One Contender that gets added to WWE Title Match

Question Five:
How long will the Rumble be, in your estimation?
1:01:41

Last Question:
In your opinion, what the hell does the poster mean?
Tattoo of a dragon, Batista's tattoo he has on his back, which signifies his return.

I seriously can't wait for the Royal Rumble.

Travis40

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JBL, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, and ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and ???
Chris Jericho plz...even though he loses earlier in the show

Stupid move to have your biggest champ lose his title so close to Mania

If Lashley wins...I will kill you in your sleep

This is going to end the fued. Kennedy needs to build up with another win before cashing in MITB

Carlito Vs HBK
No doubt there

I know you too good...you're not going to have Candice drop the belt

Question One:
Which superstar will exceed expectations in the Rumble, but fail to become victorious?
CM Punk and Rey Mysterio

Question Two:
Triple H vs. #1 Contender vs. Orton

Question Three:
Batista returns....Jericho wins the Rumble

Question Four:
The Undertaker vs Batista
Randy Orton vs. Ken Kennedy

Question Five:
1:03:58

Last Question:
Big Dave's tatoo, signifying his return...not gonna win the Rumble though.

Moonlight Drive

Royal Rumble
Whoever the mystery man is

Agreed with Travis, it would be stupid for Orton to lose the title

The champ is here!

You've been pushing him a lot and he is Mr. MITB (When will he cash in! 0_o)

Carlito VS HBK
I hope for a Triple H/HBK feud leading into 'Mania

Candice Michelle VS Victoria

Miscellaneous Predictions

Question One:
Mr. Kennedy

Question Two:
Jericho/Kennedy

Question Three:
The mystery superstar, that's about it

Question Four:
??? and whoever he eliminates last

Question Five:
1:01

Last Question:
Absolutely nothing. I'ts purposely misleading

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, it is him.

Great updates and it goes to show that you have big, big things planned for the future, and let me tell you I am interested in all of them. Your news are made in such a way that you really believe it is real, as it has a great amount of realism. Great work in that, in fact, what the hell, rep added.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

WWE Women's Championship Match

Number One Contender Match
Carlito Vs HBK
The Loser goes on to the Royal Rumble; The Winner goes on to the WWE Championship Match

Interpromotional Grudge Match

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H Vs ??? Vs Randy Orton ©

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Edge, Harry Smith, Jeff Hardy, JB, John Morrison, JTG, Ric Flair, Ron Killings, Santino Marella, Shad Gaspard, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, and ???, Booker T, Elijah Burke, Finlay, Kane, Ken Kennedy, Kevin Thorn, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, MVP, Paul Burchill, Rey Mysterio Jr, Teddy Hart, Tommy Dreamer, The Undertaker, and ???

Miscellaneous Predictions

Question One:

Jeff Hardy

Question Two:

WWE Championship, Triple Threat Match

Question Three:

Batista as a surprise entrant.

Question Four:

CM Punk vs Edge (Punk eliminates Edge), Batista vs Undertaker

Question Five:

Last Question:

Big Dave's tat.

Travis40

Shit, I forgot Kennedy was MITB...had to go back and edit my predictions :(...but I now see Jericho winning the Rumble....maybe Kennedy cashes in MITB at the Rumble...or possibly cashes it at Mania