WCW DVD News

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
-- WWE's upcoming DVD set for World Championship Wrestling will be titled, "The Rise and Fall of WCW." It will be a 3-disc set and will be available on August 25th. As reported last week, several big names from WCW's heyday have turned down invitations to be part of the project, including Eric Bischoff and Ted Turner.

I loved hearing Eric talk about WCW, thats sad :(

Reaction score
So it will basically be interviews with current WWE superstars who felt like they were kept down in WCW, talking about how bad it was. i.e Rey Mysterio, Y2j.

I hope the DVD is partial and celebrates the great success of WCW, if it does this will be great. I have been waiting for a release like this for some time.

Airfixx

Yeah, likewise been looking forward to something like this, but as stated, no Bischoff is gonna make it so completely one sided.... (Can you imagine what the ECW DVD would be like without Heyman in it?)

I'm assuming they won't feature Nash apart from in library footage either due to his current TNA-izms.... Which will suck considering him & Hall's arrival lit the fuse of the MNWars as it were.

Beer Money Army

i hope the dvd has the very 1st ever encounter of Hogan Vs Kevin Nash and the No conest of the 1st ever bret Hart vs Hogan. :shifty:

the dvd should have Y2J beating Goldberg at fall brawl 98 as well :)

Kizza

Yeah, likewise been looking forward to something like this, but as stated, no Bischoff is gonna make it so completely one sided.... (Can you imagine what the ECW DVD would be like without Heyman in it?)

I'm assuming they won't feature Nash apart from in library footage either due to his current TNA-izms.... Which will suck considering him & Hall's arrival lit the fuse of the MNWars as it were.

Well, The Starrcade DVD did feature Sting & Nash, so I wouldn't rule it out.

At least I think it had Nash =\.

benny

Reaction score
I heard Bischoff was in, some other owner guy similar to Ted Turner was out.

xtremebadass

Let's see, this DVD will not have insight from the following guys...

-Mike Tenay
-Jeff Jarrett
-Sting
-Kevin Nash
-Scott Steiner
-Booker T.
-Eric Bischoff
-Ted Turner

Yes, this DVD is destined to fail, but it's a DVD I will be buying. It's a 3 disc set, how bad can it be?

Moonlight Drive

I'm sure Jeff Jarrett would've jumped at the opportunity if one of his guys got the chance to work on a WWE DVD. I'm surprised TNA haven't announced it yet as their next big step towards world domination.

benny

Reaction score
Let's see, this DVD will not have insight from the following guys...

-Mike Tenay
-Jeff Jarrett
-Sting
-Kevin Nash
-Scott Steiner
-Booker T.
-Eric Bischoff
-Ted Turner

Yes, this DVD is destined to fail, but it's a DVD I will be buying. It's a 3 disc set, how bad can it be?

That's fine, all the angry ex wcw guys will trash wcw. Plus the wwe owns footage of probably all those guys talking about WCW, so really it might not be a big deal. I'm sure if they had a different name for it, some of those guys would jump on board too.