WCPW Is Born

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
I don't like WCPW for many reasons, but the biggest problem I have is them making themselves the face of this wrestling on YouTube "movement".
You may be thinking "Why the hell does that matter to their product?"
Because that's what their product is now.
Let me give you an example.
Even though I don't like WCPW, I do want to like it and frequently watch and give them chances to make me a fan. So, I watched their Fight Back show. Blampied came out after a promo package focused on YouTube demoneitzing wrestling content to talk about what effect YouTube's had on the promotion. For about the first 10 minutes of this wrestling show, I watched heard and read about YouTube and how it's killing WCPW (I'll get to why it isn't in a moment).

Then, towards the end, Blampied says that they are going to cut this out of the on demand version of the show and my only thought was......"WHY THE FUCK DID I JUST SPEND MY TIME WATCHING IT THEN?" If it's not important enough to keep, why do it in the first place? Not only that, but why start the show like that? Adam could've done that promo in the dark segment, but he didn't, because then the internet wouldn't hear it. Sure, they could say they're cutting that promo out of the edited version of the show, but I'm pretty sure they damn well knew they said they were doing that because they were going to put that promo out as a standalone video to have people share. And that's what they did.

I'm not saying this YouTube thing isn't effecting wrestling content creators. I make videos myself. A little under 300 subs. Not big by any means, but even I am getting effected by it, so I have no doubt WCPW is suffering from it.

But kids, this all ties into another reason I dislike WCPW. I don't like how they are presenting the situation as if this new YouTube thing is what is hurting them financially. It plays a part, but it isn't the leading factor.
Months before all of this YT stuff blew up, WhatCulture launched their Extra program. I have no problem with crowdfunding. If fans want to help support a creator they like, by all means do it. The problem is that when you look on the features for the service, 100% of it is about their wrestling content. They have like 4-5 other departments/subsidiary, but their Extra program is only about their wrestling division.

Why? In my opinion of course, the reason is because they were losing a lot of money before the YT stuff broke out.
They made their list and booking videos, got confident, created a promotion, started marking out, then booked people for the show that shouldn't be booked for the show. There is no reason to spend money on having Jim Ross and Jim Cornette do commentary. There's no reason to book Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio. And there's no reason to book Eric Bischoff.

They are a small UK indy fed that overestimated and overreached immediately after starting up. Then when they started seeing the effects of it, they launched Extra. My big problem is after all of that, now they're blaming YouTube for it. YouTube deserves a ton of shit, especially what they've done in 2016 and now 2017, but to blame them because you spent your money irresponsibly is outrageous.

And then they want to take shots at TNA not paying wrestlers DURING THE PROMO WHEN THEY'RE TRYING TO BLAME YOUTUBE FOR THEM NOT USING THEIR MONEY PROPERLY.
Fuck WCPW.

(I know it's long. Thanks for reading. I'm just passionate about it. They have potential but they've fucked it up the entire time they've been around)

Last edited:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't like WCPW for many reasons, but the biggest problem I have is them making themselves the face of this wrestling on YouTube "movement".
Even though I don't like WCPW, I do want to like it and frequently watch and give them chances to make me a fan. So, I watched their Fight Back show. Blampied came out after a promo package focused on YouTube demoneitzing wrestling content to talk about what effect YouTube's had on the promotion. For about the first 10 minutes of this wrestling show, I watched heard and read about YouTube and how it's killing WCPW (I'll get to why it isn't in a moment).

Then, towards the end, Blampied says that they are going to cut this out of the on demand version of the show and my only thought was......"WHY THE FUCK DID I JUST SPEND MY TIME WATCHING IT THEN?" If it's not important enough to keep, why do it in the first place? Not only that, but why start the show like that? Adam could've done that promo in the dark segment, but he didn't, because then the internet wouldn't hear it. Sure, they could say they're cutting that promo out of the edited version of the show, but I'm pretty sure they damn well knew they said they were doing that because they were going to put that promo out as a standalone video to have people share. And that's what they did.

I'm not saying this YouTube thing isn't effecting wrestling content creators. I make videos myself. A little under 300 subs. Not big by any means, but even I am getting effected by it, so I have no doubt WCPW is suffering from it.

But kids, this all ties into another reason I dislike WCPW. I don't like how they are presenting the situation as if this new YouTube thing is what is hurting them financially. It plays a part, but it isn't the leading factor.
Months before all of this YT stuff blew up, WhatCulture launched their Extra program. I have no problem with crowdfunding. If fans want to help support a creator they like, by all means do it. The problem is that when you look on the features for the service, 100% of it is about their wrestling content. They have like 4-5 other departments/subsidiary, but their Extra program is only about their wrestling division.

Why? In my opinion of course, the reason is because they were losing a lot of money before the YT stuff broke out.
They made their list and booking videos, got confident, created a promotion, started marking out, then booked people for the show that shouldn't be booked for the show. There is no reason to spend money on having Jim Ross and Jim Cornette do commentary. There's no reason to book Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio. And there's no reason to book Eric Bischoff.

They are a small UK indy fed that overestimated and overreached immediately after starting up. Then when they started seeing the effects of it, they launched Extra. My big problem is after all of that, now they're blaming YouTube for it. YouTube deserves a ton of shit, especially what they've done in 2016 and now 2017, but to blame them because you spent your money irresponsibly is outrageous.

And then they want to take shots at TNA not paying wrestlers DURING THE PROMO WHEN THEY'RE TRYING TO BLAME YOUTUBE FOR THEM NOT USING THEIR MONEY PROPERLY.
Fuck WCPW.

(I know it's long. Thanks for reading. I'm just passionate about it. They have potential but they've fucked it up the entire time they've been around)

Blampied is a tool. The only wrestling YouTube channel worth watching is The Whole F'n Show

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Blampied is a tool. The only wrestling YouTube channel worth watching is The Whole F'n Show

Oh don't get me started on how problematic and offensive Kevin Shit-poli is. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

-------

@Ryan Davis to each of their own, I guess! I can see your qualms about WCPW, and some of them kinda irritates me too, but we gonna remember that they're still company owned, most of these shits isn't Blamps et al's fault anyways. :emoji_grin:

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score

Fuck WCPW.

I mean, you're wrong with a lot of points in this. Not bashing, just want to set it straight.

Blampied said he was cutting the segment out separately to put on youtube, which he did to make awareness of the fact that all wrestling content is being de-monetised and they linked to a petition so that people can sign to make it ok again. In a previous video they uploaded they showed their monetisation of a Mysterio vs Del Rio match. They said they would usually get a couple of thousand for the video since it had a tremendous amount of views, but instead they were getting less than £1. That is a GIANT drop.

Yes, they set up the Extra stuff to try and make more money for the shows. That money went into getting bigger talents and helping out the shows generally, which you can see it has. Youtube IS the issue. They cant make any money at all from it and that kills their shows. The entire Fight Back event made no money on Youtube and they werent making profit on the show which again was said.

And the shots about paying wrestlers wasn't about TNA at all. At the time there was drama with 5 Star Wrestling (The guys who were recently in the news for trying to sign CM Punk for a match for 1 million). They had made a giant tour all around the UK and booked a load of talent, then cancelled every single show without even telling the members and obviously didn't pay any of them. So WCPW took shots at them, again, not TNA.

Last edited:

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
and they linked to a petition so that people can sign to make it ok again

More than likely, the petition wouldn't change a thing. YouTube isn't wrestling's enemy. They didn't have a problem with wrestling until this advertiser stuff started happening. Many advertisers left and YouTube had to make the ones that are still there happy. You and I (I mean, I hope you would) would do the same thing. The problem is the advertisers. If they wanted their stuff to be on wrestling content, they would tell YouTube. Like I said, YT deserves a lot of shit, but shitting on them for something that has a great chance of not being their fault is not a good thing to do. Honestly, YouTube trying to convince advertisers that wrestling is okay to advertise on is and should be the least of their worries right now.

In a previous video they uploaded they showed their monetisation of a Mysterio vs Del Rio match. They said they would usually get a couple of thousand for the video since it had a tremendous amount of views, but instead they were getting less than £1. That is a GIANT drop.

This is my problem with it. They are blaming YouTube for this. First off, smart businesses, especially online ones, know that you shouldn't put all of your ducks into one basket. Do other indy feds have a problem with this YouTube money stuff? Yes. Is it on the verge of shutting them down? No. But it is to WCPW because they trusted one source of income too much, booked all these huge names, and then their world is falling apart when that source is no longer stable. Why are we blaming YouTube for WCPW's shitty business decision?

That money went into getting bigger talents

lol exactly. That's the problem. Why is a UK indy promotion booking these guys and only relying on YouTube money?

They cant make any money at all from it and that kills their shows

That's their fault my man. It's like me having a job. I don't have a car yet. I'm not sitting here relying on one person for a ride. I have multiple choices because if one isn't an option anymore I'm not fucked.

And the shots about paying wrestlers wasn't about TNA at all. At the time there was drama with 5 Star Wrestling (The guys who were recently in the news for trying to sign CM Punk for a match for 1 million). They had made a giant tour all around the UK and booked a load of talent, then cancelled every single show without even telling the members and obviously didn't pay any of them. So WCPW took shots at them, again, not TNA.

That doesn't make any difference really. Whether it's TNA, 5 Star, any promotion, they are doing no better. They had to cancel their weekly show. They're going downhill fast because of the reasons I already mentioned. They're in no place to talk down to others.

Stop blaming YouTube for WCPW's shitty business decisions.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I've been keeping up with WCPW since the World Cup qualifiers and started watching the loaded shows weekly ( had to fill the NJworld void). It's not as bad as I thought it would be, I'm kinda getting into it. I don't know how good this represents UK wrestling as a whole but I'm interested in the scene now at the very least.