WCPW Is Born

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
WCPW is a generic UK independent, at this point. They have the same "Support UK Wrestling" gimmick as the other 143 promotions in the country. They use the same talent, product and everything in-between.

They pride themselves on using a lot of UK talent. But they use the same 20 UK workers used by every promotion.

Reactions: Indy

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
I'm just waiting for the eventual title run of that one WC employee that's training to be a wrestler.
I have a strong feeling they'll do a "Save WCPW" storyline and that guy will be the hero of it all.

He absolutely sucks on commentary btw.

And I'm not 100% down on this promotion, Blampied I believe is really good, more fitting in a wrestling promotion than a lot of those What Culture guys they stuffed into their show. They had/maybe still have potential, but all they are right now is a "televised"(Don't know what to call it when it's on the internet rather than TV) local independent show. Some people like that, but I just can't get invested into a show where each one is just including guys they signed to have matches just to have matches.

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score
Anyone watching?

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
To be honest, I really enjoy WCPW. The first episodes weren't too great, pretty bad at points, but I saw potential in it. I still see a lot of potential whenever I get around to watching an episode.

I may not agree with everything they're doing, like I think they should have more local UK guys wrestling instead of the big names. Sure the names draw money, but they also take a good chunk of it. Plus, I like seeing local wrestlers getting a chance to show what they have. So WCPW should lean more towards local talent.

I like them because it's cool that regular Youtube guys made a start up promotion that's doing okay. Plus them having shows on YouTube is cool and convenient lol

All in all, I think with time and the right investments it could turn into a thing that a lot of people could enjoy. Ya know, instead of just me and a few others lol

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
I love reading the comments from the first month this was going. Happy to see that it's still going and it's a lot better than it was when it started. I go to the majority of their shows since they're in Newcastle and they're great. I think this'll just keep getting bigger and bigger

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
To be honest, I really enjoy WCPW. The first episodes weren't too great, pretty bad at points, but I saw potential in it. I still see a lot of potential whenever I get around to watching an episode.

I may not agree with everything they're doing, like I think they should have more local UK guys wrestling instead of the big names. Sure the names draw money, but they also take a good chunk of it. Plus, I like seeing local wrestlers getting a chance to show what they have. So WCPW should lean more towards local talent.

I like them because it's cool that regular Youtube guys made a start up promotion that's doing okay. Plus them having shows on YouTube is cool and convenient lol

All in all, I think with time and the right investments it could turn into a thing that a lot of people could enjoy. Ya know, instead of just me and a few others lol

After years of hiatus on the wrestling scene, Wrestling and WhatCulture brought me back to the crazy, wacky world of professional wrestling. Been with WCPW since Day 1, and enjoyed most of the storylines there that I just have it as my primary promotion now.

About the local talent thing, I think that they're slowly learning to invest on the local talent, even putting unknown names out there like Gabriel Kidd, Alex Gracie, and the like.

Also, WCPW is hella convenient with their availability on YT. As someone who lives outside the UK, it's a pretty darn good way to get introduced to the UK scene/indy wrestling as a whole. :)

Reactions: Patriot Pants

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I love reading the comments from the first month this was going. Happy to see that it's still going and it's a lot better than it was when it started. I go to the majority of their shows since they're in Newcastle and they're great. I think this'll just keep getting bigger and bigger

LUCKY YOU MATE AHHH Did you go to Built to Destroy 2017? If you did, DID YOU CRY AT THE PROSPECT BREAKUP??

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
LUCKY YOU MATE AHHH Did you go to Built to Destroy 2017? If you did, DID YOU CRY AT THE PROSPECT BREAKUP??
Yes and yes. I liked the tease breakup at the top of the ramp when Gracie tried throwing him into the screen before he hugged him, then I honestly thought that would've been it. Wasn't ready for the actual attack

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yes and yes. I liked the tease breakup at the top of the ramp when Gracie tried throwing him into the screen before he hugged him, then I honestly thought that would've been it. Wasn't ready for the actual attack

Best moment of Built to Destroy 2017 for me. (I /may/ have a bias because I'm a big Gracie mark)
[br/]
Oh hell I forgot to introduce myself! Hannah here.

(Edit: totally forgot my BBCode, haven't visited this site for years HAHA)

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
Best moment of Built to Destroy 2017 for me. (I /may/ have a bias because I'm a big Gracie mark)
[br/]
Oh hell I forgot to introduce myself! Hannah here.

(Edit: totally forgot my BBCode, haven't visited this site for years HAHA)
I'm Yellow, nice to meet you.

I'm hoping to see the world cup finals since they're in Newcastle too. I'm thinking the winner has to be a "home grown" talent, rather than a big star.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I honestly don't care about WCPW. WCPW does nothing better than other promotions. There are so many better promotions. Storylines aren't very good, booking is bad and the wrestling isn't anything special.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Personally, I am not going to say they are perfect, but they are a respectable promotion overall and for being run by people who had no wrestling booking experience beyond some YouTube videos, they are doing well. They are using the UK based talent well, when they bring outside guys in they either use it for an extra draw or to put over their own guys, have built some solid long-term storylines such as Hendry's push for the title and Gabriel Kidd (who I see big things from him when he gets older and gets a bit more confidence in himself on the microphone, and finds his character) and, while the Prestige perhaps are starting to become NWO with all these damn heel turns, they are stable which formed with purpose. Are they the best promotion on the planet, no, but they are doing respectable and are ambitious. The only real rough thing they had recently was the YouTube monetization change.

Reactions: Patriot Pants

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm Yellow, nice to meet you.

I'm hoping to see the world cup finals since they're in Newcastle too. I'm thinking the winner has to be a "home grown" talent, rather than a big star.

Yeah, hoping that Joe Coffey takes it personally, maybe Travis too but I'm doubtful since he won Progress' SSS '16 just a month ago. Have fun in the World Cup!

Personally, I am not going to say they are perfect, but they are a respectable promotion overall and for being run by people who had no wrestling booking experience beyond some YouTube videos, they are doing well. They are using the UK based talent well, when they bring outside guys in they either use it for an extra draw or to put over their own guys, have built some solid long-term storylines such as Hendry's push for the title and Gabriel Kidd (who I see big things from him when he gets older and gets a bit more confidence in himself on the microphone, and finds his character) and, while the Prestige perhaps are starting to become NWO with all these damn heel turns, they are stable which formed with purpose. Are they the best promotion on the planet, no, but they are doing respectable and are ambitious. The only real rough thing they had recently was the YouTube monetization change.

Well said. I still have qualms on their booking on the women too but yeah, we could say that they've got us with Gabe's streak and Prospect's run and almost all the storylines that the "WCPW Originals" are included.