Was The World Heavyweight Championship Holding Sheamus Back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I guess the fact that he beat Christian in every match they had and went around without feuds burying the midcard when Christian got injured until he won the Rumble, buried Bryan in 18 seconds at WM, had that feud with Del Rio that was decent for one week only and sucked for the rest with mediocre ring and mic skills throught it.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Leo C said:
I guess the fact that he beat Christian in every match they had and went around without feuds burying the midcard when Christian got injured until he won the Rumble, buried Bryan in 18 seconds at WM, had that feud with Del Rio that was decent for one week only and sucked for the rest with mediocre ring and mic skills throught it.

They finally give us a long, drawn out feud. In all their wisdom they used two of the most boring characters to do it with. So the next time someone in creative suggests a long feud, someone will say, "remember how shitty Sheamus/Del Rio was? It didn't draw at all :bury:". So we won't get anyone with an interesting feud last more than two months.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It's not the most realistic thing in the world for Sheamus to one week Brogue Kick Jerry Lawler for no reason, and then the next be smiling at the fans saving Jerry, it's childish booking.

Along the same lines, I remember him putting Triple H on the shelf for a year (and didn't he 'end' Jamie Noble's career as well?) and yet turned right around and criticized Mark Henry for putting people in his Hall Of Pain. I hate in general how heels tend to ignore a lot of the bad stuff they did during their heel run. That's one reason I didn't mind Orton's face turn in 2010 - he said he still hated Triple H and Cena even after turning face.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
Along the same lines, I remember him putting Triple H on the shelf for a year (and didn't he 'end' Jamie Noble's career as well?) and yet turned right around and criticized Mark Henry for putting people in his Hall Of Pain. I hate in general how heels tend to ignore a lot of the bad stuff they did during their heel run. That's one reason I didn't mind Orton's face turn in 2010 - he said he still hated Triple H and Cena even after turning face.

Yeah exactly. He even had his own segment on how much he respected HHH and such during that "Has HHH retired" angle, it's just insulting to the fans, it's outdated.