Was giving Christian the IC title a bad move?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Yes, WWE tends to do silly things, so that could happen, but I don't think it's a good decision. And Ziggler probably won't have much time on Raw because, well, normally no one gets time on Raw except for HHH or Cena, and because the big summer storyline is coming relatively soon, so unless he's playing a part on that, he'd probably be lost. And I also agree on the fact that Del Rio is boring and his feud with Sheamus is just like that as well. Ziggler would make it a lot better, but if he's supposed to be buried, no thanks. If he's winning the title and saving SD I'm all for it.

I'd wanna see it with Ziggler getting DQ'd for a mistake like bumping into the referee so that Sheamus can keep his title but Ziggler doesn't lose credibillity and then have Ziggler take it from him at Summerslam or the ppv after.

I'm also hoping that Ziggler will win one of the Money In The Banks after No Way Out. I'm hoping for him and Wade Barrett to win them.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
William said:
I'd wanna see it with Ziggler getting DQ'd for a mistake like bumping into the referee so that Sheamus can keep his title but Ziggler doesn't lose credibillity and then have Ziggler take it from him at Summerslam or the ppv after.

I'm also hoping that Ziggler will win one of the Money In The Banks after No Way Out. I'm hoping for him and Wade Barrett to win them.

I do mean buried in the long run, so that decision would be cool and would actually make Ziggler look good. About the MITB winners, Ziggler and Barrett do seem like two good possibilities. Maybe Cody Rhodes wins one of them, I'm not sure. I don't even know if they'll have separate MITB matches, as the brand split doesn't exist anymore.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Leo C said:
I do mean buried in the long run, so that decision would be cool and would actually make Ziggler look good. About the MITB winners, Ziggler and Barrett do seem like two good possibilities. Maybe Cody Rhodes wins one of them, I'm not sure. I don't even know if they'll have separate MITB matches, as the brand split doesn't exist anymore.

I'm hoping for 2 matches that way atleast 2 of my favorite guys will be World Champions ^_^

I'm expecting Ziggler, Barrett or Rhodes to win them and if that happens I won't complain all though I do see a face winning one of them. Not sure who that will be though.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
William said:
I'm hoping for 2 matches that way atleast 2 of my favorite guys will be World Champions ^_^

I'm expecting Ziggler, Barrett or Rhodes to win them and if that happens I won't complain all though I do see a face winning one of them. Not sure who that will be though.

I'd like to see one of those win, not really sure which face could win it though. But one thing I'd also like to see would be a different cash in for one of them. Not the same thing with the guy being attacked and the MITB holder coming out... maybe a cash in like RVD or something.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Agreed Cesaro and other International stars deserve a chance for the IC title. I think Christian beating Rhodes was only for a temporary change. He will lose and *HOPEFULLY* there will be a group of people looking to move up in the title range, but who are clearly not world title holders (people like swag who have a championship but you wouldnt be suprised if he somehow lost to hornswaggle at a weekly show, or seeing them on superstars jobbing) Christian is going to be back in the World Title race soon, im a Christian mark but in no way do i want him beating jobbers every week any more than i want to see him be one weekly on SD.

I hope It's Kidd, Cesaro, Rhodes, Ziggler (i know hes world title material, but the matches would be so great and a better chance to see the show off over him squashing to Show/Cena/ anyone else) and like i said before i am all about the tag division, but i wouldnt be hurt to see hunico, Titus, and maybe even one of the Uso's get in for a shot at the title...maybe even set up a Rumble/battle royal full of up-and-comers who deserve recognition.

Santino having the US title is CLEARLY a bad move, he barely ever defends it and his walk to the ring alone helps the title lose even more momentum. I think the IC should be for smaller, faster, high flyer candidates like Sin Cara, Rhodes, and Kidd, while the US should be for people like Swag, maybe even Cesaro to rub it in the American's faces like in his last interview, Europeans do everything better than their American opponent.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I understand why Santino won the US title (to hype the Johnny vs Teddy feud), but why is he still holding it is beyond me. Anyone deserves that title more than Santino, comedy characters shouldn't be champions.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I guess because he's so over. They fail to realise midcard titles help get people over if you give them spotlight time with it. Santino is very good at what he does, but I do think his time has run its course. Step up Alex Riley.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'd personally love to see A-Ry win that United States Championship off Santino but unfortunately I don't think WWE will do that and they'll just send it back to Swagger or someone else who's already won it :/

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Someone from NXT could step up and win the title, but as Wiliam said, I don't think WWE would do that. I think they'll have him drop the title to (insert stale Raw heel midcarder here) and there will be another boring reign. Unless they do the Tensai storyline I suggested on my first day here. :downer:

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't really wanna see Tensai with the title either, He's just boring in my oppinion. I reckon he should have stayed as A-Train.

I'll just wait for WWE to do this and see how it plays out. Hopefully they'll do something good with it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He's indeed boring right now, but when I suggested it he had just debuted, and I think it would make him interesting. He'd win the title and call it the Japanese Championship or something like that, would say how American fans didn't care about him and that Japan is a lot better and such... and that would've also kept him away from the main event and going over Punk and Cena. :sad:

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Actually that's not a bad idea, Might bring a little more character out of him then what we're seeing now which is just as big guy squashing a little guy. WWE has way to many of these at the moment.