Was anyone else impressed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sage said:
I fear for Ted's future really, perhaps his surname might keep him in the company though.

I really can't see them firing Ted due as you say his last name. I wouldn't be surprised if he left to work Japan again at some point though.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure, he has to stop this whole storyline with Jinder Mahal and go for Rhodes Intercontinental Title. Than Rhodes can upgrade to World Heavyweight Champion Caliber.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To be honest, no offense to Ted, but the IC title has just become interesting again. Cody needs to stay there for a bit before moving on. When he does move on, give it to someone more entertaining than Ted :S.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Dunno, he's a movie star isn't he? Well, he's involved in movies. Going to Japan isn't going to help him.

He's only been in the sequel to the Marine I think. Plus he worked there before the WWE and I think turned down an initial development deal to do a tour with Noah in 2007. So I think he has some passion for the Puro scene probably from SR who was a pretty well known performer in the mid 80's particularity in the tag team division. So I can see him going back eventually similar deal to MVP.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
To be honest, no offense to Ted, but the IC title has just become interesting again. Cody needs to stay there for a bit before moving on. When he does move on, give it to someone more entertaining than Ted :S.
But really who is their? Sin Cara maybe if he returns on time. I don't want no Big Zeke in the Championship picture again. He's like another Scott Steiner but worse.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You said it, Sin Cara. Or perhaps drop Alberto Del Rio to the mid card to get it. Sin Cara was SO over before there incredibly fail Sin Cara vs Sin cara feud.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
You said it, Sin Cara. Or perhaps drop Alberto Del Rio to the mid card to get it. Sin Cara was SO over before there incredibly fail Sin Cara vs Sin cara feud.
SPOILER ALERT!

Del Rio is set for another championship run in 2012.

So that would not be possible.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Probably means WWE Title though. Bore. :(

Probably this Vince seems adamant to put as many world titles on him as possible to get him over. It's a shame if they let him perform he would be a really over babyface now imo.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Probably means WWE Title though. Bore. :(

Yeah, he told him to become more aggressive so he can look like a threat in the WWE Championship picture.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
But they keep his horrible gimmick. He's so good in the ring, he's great on the mic, he has the presence but they're keeping his gimmick which isn't over...

I don't think putting gold on someone gets them over at all. Miz wasn't over when he won the championship off Orton, his exceptional Mic work got him over.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
But they keep his horrible gimmick. He's so good in the ring, he's great on the mic, he has the presence but they're keeping his gimmick which isn't over...

I don't think putting gold on someone gets them over at all. Miz wasn't over when he won the championship off Orton, his exceptional Mic work got him over.

The reason they brought in Del Rio is because WWE knows that Rey Mysterio won't be in WWE for that much longer. So they are building him up as a main event draw so he can be the Next Big (Mexican) Babyface.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
The reason they brought in Del Rio is because WWE knows that Rey Mysterio won't be in WWE for that much longer. So they are building him up as a main event draw so he can be the Next Big (Mexican) Babyface.

“I already decided. I want to retire in five years and will make a farewell tour but not as many who do 250 fights. Seek a dignified farewell to a fight in San Luis Potosi, my native land and in the Arena Mexico, my home.”

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/alberto-del-rio-wants-to-retire-in-5-years/

This doesn't seem very keyfabe to me. I can't see why they'd build someone that much to have retire a few years after though. The mexican draw wasn't that the purpose of Sin Cara signing? He was after all one of the biggest Draws in Mexico, out drawing Cena twice I believe under his Mistico persona.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
“I already decided. I want to retire in five years and will make a farewell tour but not as many who do 250 fights. Seek a dignified farewell to a fight in San Luis Potosi, my native land and in the Arena Mexico, my home.”

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/alberto-del-rio-wants-to-retire-in-5-years/

This doesn't seem very keyfabe to me. I can't see why they'd build someone that much to have retire a few years after though. The mexican draw wasn't that the purpose of Sin Cara signing? He was after all one of the biggest Draws in Mexico, out drawing Cena twice I believe under his Mistico persona.
Yeah I read that before. I really doubt he is going to retire in 5 years. Maybe when he is 40-45 and if Sin Cara doesn't look like as of now a Main Eventer.