Warriors of Wrestling (not so) Full Throttle Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RBoyle2345

Reaction score
Let me start off this review by saying I will not be reviewing the wrestling displayed on this show. For the most part I respect wrestlers enough to have the courage and confidence in themselves to go out in front of an audience to perform half naked in front of strangers. As I most certainly can not pull off the many of these acrobatic moves I am not one to judge those who can or in many instances at least attempt.
Im a man who enjoys showmanship, the bells and whistles, the appearance of everything. In my book Warriors of Wrestling FAILS in all aspects of entertainment and thats why its nothing more then a backyard fed renting out a building.

Against my better judgement I attended their show this past Saturday and assumed it was one of their “bigger” shows as it featured 3 names: Dutt, Credible (yes hes alive), and Jannetty (hes still alive too).

Doors opened at 7pm and the three of us arrived at 7:30. I took this half hour as an opportunity to check out the feds website. Why hadn’t I done this before? Because it’s the indies! The website was decently put together with some nice graphics and images but then I saw a link to hype up tonight’s shows. Perfect! A chance to see ALL the stars Im going to see in action tonight! All you readers are in luck because this is now a double review.

Warrior Wire Review (like the name!)

• Show opens with a manager??? For a wrestling show? With no wrestlers surrounding him? He claims to control these men but here he is without their protection. Inaudible audio, appears this was filmed in the middle of a carnival
• Inaudible audio throughout show..this video is suppose to make me want to attend?
• No continuity throughout the show..this video is suppose to make me want to attend?
• WAY TOO LONG. 14 minutes of NOTHINGNESS. No wrestler should talk for the length of times some of these speeches went on for.
• Not one person in this video looked like a wrestler, that’s what Im watching right? A wrestling video correct? Well one looked like a wrestler but he was stuck in front of an unedited green screen, laughable.
• It seems like everybody in this company is a heel! Anger management!
• Wrestlers names not featured on the bottom of the screen but there twitter names did appear. Someone teach these guys how to promote, say your name!!!
• Next up two uncharismatic “pretty boys” put the audience to sleep as they stumble and stutter through 3 minutes of nonsense. Good green screen work!
• Then came what appear to be 3 street bullies. Good content, quick and to the point but don’t look the part. Looks like 3 wrestling fans getting ready to go to a show, ones in a hoodie, the other two are 100 pounds soaking wet. THANK YOU FOR SAYING YOUR NAMES!
• Next up a angry young kid getting ready to take on Marty Janetty looks like he will be a heel as he is out to show how he is better then a WWF legend
• Guy in hoodie is back with a different hoodie! Good gimmick. Didn’t pay attention as he gave me no reason to based on his appearance. Fast forward 3 minutes!
• Next guy cuts a promo fresh out of the shower, hes your heavyweight contender? Looks like the promo is cut in his 3rd floor walk up studio apartment.
• Another great look as we are presented a hostage style shooting video up the nose by a guy who sounds like he just had major dental work done prior to filming this.
• Next another angry guy cuts a promo in the same hallway where his opponent shot his, they must have decided to alternate turns in the shower.

After watching that video I should’ve quit while I was ahead and hit up Tottenville. Unfortunately, I decided to stay for the actual “wrestling” show. I mean the smell of boiled hotdogs had me hooked in, plus the strip club next door was closed.

The Building
The building is a Hot, mildew smelling former batting cage transformed into a wrestling venue. I know its hard to allow a building to put on a wrestling show but this was a debacle. It appears either the promoter or the building hung up blue tarps around the enclosement to avoid sightlines of the reality of the building we were in. If you are going to do that why not use black cloth so it looks professional? Blue tarps from the home depot
This place stunk like boiled hot dogs, feet, and sweat for 3 grueling hours.

The Show
• The show had no flow whatsoever, matches where randomly put into place with no rhyme or reason
• Why is a featured name wrestling the 4th match after a spot fest tag 4 way?
• Why is there a crowd killing promo after match two only to have the person talking come back 15 minutes later in the crowd under a disguise?
• Why is there a pointless tag match after intermission to extend the card even further
• As a whole no show should have more then 7 matches, each match has its place in the story of the card. When match 3 hits every big bump in the book that is why your heavyweight tile change gets no reaction (plus the disguise was a predictable interference since he appeared for THAT MATCH ONLY) and that is why no one cared about your main event

The Wrestlers
• I wore a black t-shirt to the building that night displaying my favorite band. I sat in the 3rd row. What I don’t want to see is a wrestler wearing something that I wore to the building. If he is in the ring then why am I in the crowd? This is my biggest pet peeve with independent wrestling. If you don’t want to put in the time to eat right, go to the gym and hone your craft, then join me in the crowd. Don’t put a t-shirt on and call yourself a wrestler.
• Irish Brusier and Scotty Priest: These two wanna bees call themselves the Church of something. Needless to say this is the prime example of why Warriors of Wrestling is a joke. With a masked British Wrestler and his partner being a close second. Irish and Scotty are a joke, Irish is about 85 years old, can’t move worth a lick and should never EVER be inside a wrestling ring. It seems like Irish likes to tell all his friends (who apparently is the booker) that hes a wrestler and seemingly he thinks that’s impressive. Take a close look at Irish Scotty because that’s your future. You both are fat and out of shape and bring no sustainable entertainment value to this show.
• British Masked Guy/Partner: Two 100 pound kids who are trying to act tough. If you are going to act tough look tough, your strikes and offense looked like two valley girls bitch slapping.
• Chris Cartagana: Another friend of the promoter booked on the show. Thanks for wearing your finest black tank top tonight Chris! Thanks for putting on the smile, oh you are edgy but we are suppose to like you? No you suck and you make me want my money back. How about you stand in your corner and let your pudgy partner do the work, at least he had some energy and fire and the appearance of wanting to be there.
• The rest: The rest are passable talent for an independent show. There were some standouts (TV names excluded) that looked like they knew where the gym was during the week and there were some unique characters that the fans bought.

Overall, yes I bought a ticket for this show. Will I come back? Eh. The only way I will come back is if this promoter takes a long look in the mirror and fixes his show. Seemingly he will see no wrong in his show but as you can read above there is plenty not to like. So Warriors lets lose the “friends of the promoter” on the show such as Irish, Scotty, Chris and anyone else who is fat and wrestles in a t-shirt. Showcase your talent like Roman, Corino, Nero, Stealer.

TLDR: Warriors of Wrestling is a glorified backyard fed who books friends of the owner which buries the decent talent they actually do have.

Last edited: