Wade Barrett Out of Action with Injury, Why MITB Was Nixed from WrestleMania 28

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wade Barrett will be out of action for 3-4 months and will miss WrestleMania 28. Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week and the injury is said to be far worse than originally expected.

Barrett's injury has caused major changes to WrestleMania 28 as the plan was to have Barrett win the Money in the Bank ladder match and carry the briefcase. WWE decided this week to pull the Money in the Bank match from WrestleMania 28 due to Barrett's injury.

Barrett wrote earlier this week that he would be off Twitter for a few months and the injury is why.
Anybody buying this, because i'm certainly not. They could have easily had a plucky, underdog face like Kofi or some other face in the match win the belt and drop it to Wade upon his return.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
What do you mean in the match and win the belt? Their fighting for a BRIEFCASE.

I am buying this as a lot of it sounds true since Barrett has been getting a pretty big push as of late and had a strong showing in the Elimination Chamber match, and then all of a sudden when he gets injured, they decide to scrap the MITB match not long after. I expected Barrett to become WHC this year but because of that fat cunt Big Show he can't just yet.

And why would they want a schmuck like Kofi to win?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I am buying this as a lot of it sounds true since Barrett has been getting a pretty big push as of late and had a strong showing in the Elimination Chamber match, and then all of a sudden when he gets injured, they decide to scrap the MITB match not long after. I expected Barrett to become WHC this year but because of that fat cunt Big Show he can't just yet.

Why would a guy who could not wrestle a 5-7 min non-gimmick or tag match the past 4-5 months win? Ffs they had more faith in Kennedy wrestling a match

Mitb got pulled because they added the ppv back to the calendar and will be doing two of them with a case for each brand again. When the ppv was gone, it would make the card, with it back on tap it won't. Besides why would you give MITB away at mania when you have HIAC?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

I obviously meant briefcase... The whole point in a 'schmuck' like Kofi winning is that it will get over the face who is holding the briefcase even more and will also do the same for the evil villain when he returns and takes that guys briefcase and shot at a title. It'a simple concept.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well the internet and I certainly will hate Big Show even more. This really annoys me anymore but I have faith that Wade wins the briefcase in July when he returns. That would make up for this incident.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This has no bearing on why MITB was cancelled and anyone that believes that is a true mark. You don't cancel a match that can have anyone in it and anyone win it just because of one guy especially when we've seen storylines where people lose these cases before.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This has no bearing on why MITB was cancelled and anyone that believes that is a true mark. You don't cancel a match that can have anyone in it and anyone win it just because of one guy especially when we've seen storylines where people lose these cases before.

Yeah for real.

Wasn't Jeff Hardy slated to win one of these before he got busted for failing teh Wellness?

PY.

Reaction score
Sucks for Barrett, but I strongly don't believe there was going to be a MITB match year at Wrestlemania. There's a pay a PPV for it, and three holders in a year is a bit much.

Aniking

Reaction score
Pffft, load of shit. Like somebody mentioned above, the MITB PPV is scheduled for July, so that'd be why there's no MITB match at Wrestlemania.

Honestly I wouldn't put it past the WWE to scrap the match completely in this kind of situation, even if they haven't done so in the past, but that story is too farfetched as they wouldn't have 3 MITBs this year.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Good move by WWE in my opinion, MITB 2011 was good enough to stand alone as it's own PPV.

Besides the storyline with Johnny Ace / Long seems to be the MITB change really, the mid-carders will be slotted there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As others have said there is no way this is the reason there is no MITB at WM. It is a shame that Barrett will miss WM but his goal now must be to be fit by the MITB PPV in July. If he is on the card and doesn't win the briefcase at MITB PPV then it doesn't lend much to the credibility of this report.

rcoot93

Reaction score
As people have said with a mtp ppv and hinac at mania there is no need for the match. Plus Barret can just win it when he gets back

Echo

Reaction score
I honestly prefer MITB at WM at not it having its own PPV. I think they should have never created the PPV and just had it WM exclusive. This is no way the reason, its obviously because of the MITB PPV happening.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He'll never win the world title. This is just some bullshit lie the dirtsheets are coming out with to screw with his fans just like they do every time somebody gets injured. Every time some midcarder gets an injury, he was 2 nights away from winning the world title or something. Total crap. Vince has proven conclusively that he doesn't see him as a main event performer, he's like the new Roddy Piper. The only role they'll slot him in is as a jobber to the real main eventers. Totally expendable to them. It's their loss, ignoring people like that is why the company is in the state it's in.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Kofi Kingston will never win a MITB unless he changes his gimmick. He can't be taken seriously not to mention the guy is a botch machine. He has improved on a mic but to me he's still a poor man's John Morrison in the ring. Many better people to select than Kofi for MTIB from the likes of Rhodes or Ziggler and of course Barrett. Anyone that believes Kofi had any shot is delusional.