Vote NOW for the 2024 WrestlingSmarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't have the time or desire to go back and watch old wrestling that I have no attachment to

I can barely keep up with the new wrestling
read a wikipedia article, ive watched like 3-5 matches tops from them, still know how important they were to the business. saying ''nobody knows these japanese guys'' is just spreading willful ignorance. i think we can better than that with our hall of fame. there's wrestling outside of america and it should continue to be honored and respected

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just for trivia sake, the next 5 guys who just missed the cut were Danielson, Steamboat, The Rock 'n' Roll Express, Jericho and Trish.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Misawa and Kobashi are pretty well considered the greatest workers of the late-90s and early 2000s. Almost a mythic level of talent between the two of them.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Just for trivia sake, the next 5 guys who just missed the cut were Danielson, Steamboat, The Rock 'n' Roll Express, Jericho and Trish.
Jericho :francis ,is this the hall of marks or the hall of fame

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
read a wikipedia article, ive watched like 3-5 matches tops from them, still know how important they were to the business. saying ''nobody knows these japanese guys'' is just spreading willful ignorance. i think we can better than that with our hall of fame. there's wrestling outside of america and it should continue to be honored and respected
people know who they know but I am gonna back out of this now because I find it to be quite condescending and getting into it on here isn't what I wanna do

Also not saying that’s your intention it’s just how I’m taking it at this time so this is a me issue

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
people know who they know but I am gonna back out of this now because I find it to be quite condescending and getting into it on here isn't what I wanna do
I don't think asking someone to read up and learn about someone in a top 10 is condescending, nor do I think having high standards for a hall of fame is a bad thing. I thought calling two legends '' these japanese dudes'' is pretty rude when I was only saying who I would vote over. I never talked badly about Henning either, so I felt I would use this opportunity to make you think twice about your stance. If that was offensive to you, I apologize

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like one dude was the face of a company and literally influenced some of your favorites today :draper2

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't think asking someone to read up and learn about someone in a top 10 is condescending, nor do I think having high standards for a hall of fame is a bad thing. I thought calling two legends '' these japanese dudes'' is pretty rude when I was only saying who I would vote over. I never talked badly about Henning either, so I felt I would use this opportunity to make you think twice about your stance. If that was offensive to you, I apologize

I added to my original post but I’ll repeat I’m sure it wasn’t your intention it’s just how I took it, it’s a me thing…

I was just saying why Hennig could get in it trashing any of the Japense wrestlers but people aren’t as familiar and aren’t going to do research to on them for an induction on a forum is all

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
well I'll be here to annoy them and tell them why he is important just like last year we pushed other Puro's through :p

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
What I'll say on the topic is that I personally want this HOF to be a reflection of the tastes of the members of this board. I don't police who gets selected at all, at the end of the day it's up to each individual to vote for who they feel deserves it. Some people clearly vote based on legacy, some based on who they personally like. Some choose workrate gods, some choose big personalities. Some people's lists are pretty fucking random.

I certainly don't think there's any need for discord considering that the finalists are indeed a healthy mix of different eras and styles of pro wrestling, as I'd hope they'd be.

I'd love if everyone did familiarize themselves with the finalists at least, but at the end of the day, I'm also not expecting someone who has never seen a Kobashi match before to be persuaded to vote for him over people they've been watching their whole lives, no matter how much they try to study them in a short period of time.

Realistically, there are members here that are 100% gonna leave all the Japanese stars off their top 5, and there are also members here that are 100% gonna have Kobashi, Misawa and Toyota as their default top 3, with Vader probably number 4 :lol All that to say, I think things will work themselves out in the end and it's gonna be a banger class no matter what.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
plus I made a pact with Chris that we were getting Misawa in no matter what this year so it's happening

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler